Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League Final - Liverpool v Tottenham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions League Final - Liverpool v Tottenham
    Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:21pm
I can see this one being a drab dull stalemate 0-0.   Its the battle of the bottlers.  Klopp v Pochettino.  It's a question of who wants to bottle it more in a royal rumble.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 11:00pm
They should switch it to Villa Park
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 11:15pm
The Razor Ruddock Final Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 11:18pm
Split loyalties for Robbie Keane
A boyhood fan of both clubs
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 11:22pm
2 of the best managers in football in the final Clap hopefully a good game. The 3 week gap might do Spurs the world of good in getting a few players fit and up to speed. For them to get to the final is an incredible achievement all things considered.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 11:53pm
It’s the Hans Moleman final, total vindication.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 08 May 2019 at 11:54pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:03am
30 years since Liverpool were champions.
60  years since Spurs were. 

Champions League strikes again.LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:05am
LOL

I do have a massive gra' for these sets of players and especially these managers. Bit disappointed for Ajax though, they've been phenomenal.

Also, whatever about Klopp and the job he's done at Liverpool (brilliant job, the best manager in the world imo). What Pochettino has done at Spurs is just something else. CL final. Just think about where they were in the pecking order in European football 5/6 years ago. Imagine someone saying when Spurs appointed Pochettino back then that Spurs would regularly qualify for the CL in the next few seasons, that they'd have a couple of tilts at a title (I know some will question that description), and they'd make a CL final. It is phenomenal what Pochettino has achieved there.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:28am
The recent league game in Anfield was close enough, 2-1 to Liverpool thanks to the keepers fumble and Sissoko blazing over from 15 yards....will definitely be a close game, difficult to call until the teams are picked. Both teams away results in Europe have been mixed, looking forward to it. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:39am
Kick of a ball is all that’s between them. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:07am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

LOL

I do have a massive gra' for these sets of players and especially these managers. Bit disappointed for Ajax though, they've been phenomenal.

Also, whatever about Klopp and the job he's done at Liverpool (brilliant job, the best manager in the world imo). What Pochettino has done at Spurs is just something else. CL final. Just think about where they were in the pecking order in European football 5/6 years ago. Imagine someone saying when Spurs appointed Pochettino back then that Spurs would regularly qualify for the CL in the next few seasons, that they'd have a couple of tilts at a title (I know some will question that description), and they'd make a CL final. It is phenomenal what Pochettino has achieved there.
As a Spurs fan, no-one could have a higher regard for Poch than me.

But when you talk about "5/6 years ago", I think you disregard the contribution Redknapp (yes, 'Arry) made in taking Spurs to a higher level after the cataclysm of Ramos and the dross of Gross, Santini and even Jol.

I was at the game where Spurs played Real Madrid (in Madrid) in 2011 and although we were beaten 4-0 (tie over), it was not the game the scoreline suggests. In fact, with  Bale & Co ripping teams apart, Spurs weren't that far short of top billing that season.

Now having said all that, Poch has taken Spurs to a whole new level entirely, but these things don't just happen overnight.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:30am
The managers that have moved spurs along and improved spurs have been Jol Redknapp and now Poch.   Jol is underrated at spurs.  Think of what was there before him and then close to champions league.

Edited by Baldrick - 09 May 2019 at 2:50am
AKA pedantic kunt
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The managers that have moved spurs along and improved spurs have been Jol Redknapp and now Poch.   Jol is underaged at spurs.  Think of what was there before him and then close to champions league.
Indeed.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The managers that have moved spurs along and improved spurs have been Jol Redknapp and now Poch.   Jol is underrated at spurs.  Think of what was there before him and then close to champions league.

Agreed on Jol. His teams started the process of overtaking Arsenal in terms of league position, which would have been achieved a lot sooner were it not for some dodgy food.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:45am
It's a final, nobody cares how you win once you win. Pretty game with end to end attacking or a drab 1-0, the winner won't give a toss.

Would've nearly preferred the game next week for us. The couple of times we've had a decent break between games it hasn't done us any good. Playing week to week seems to suits better but form etc goes out the window for finals I suppose
Some people just deserve a slap
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:59pm
50% of ticket holders won't be supporters. That's fairly crap. It'll have a dead atmosphere.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:26pm
Probably stick 100-200 on spurs to lift the cup. Bit of compensation if spurs win but money I would be ok to part with to see Liverpool lift the cup 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

50% of ticket holders won't be supporters. That's fairly crap. It'll have a dead atmosphere.

Similar case in most finals these days is it not 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic