Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 2021/22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:37pm
http://twitter.com/LIVE_LOVE_MCFC/status/1522157803393200129?s=20&t=UBNRkFkNEmUGeEMQz0X39A

I will reiterate, I don't blame the ref for the defeat, but just watched this video and its totally ridiculous those Casemeiro fouls didn't result in any cards.
I think the Sterling one was probably a foul as he is over the ball, despite it being a perfect tackle in a previous era.

Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There were a lot to blame for the two goals. 
Cancelo woeful for the first
Laporte and Dias also poor in both the goals

No surprise you focus on Grealish of course. Like a stuck record

Comes with the territory when a club pays £100m for him! 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

When you watch replays of the first goal Cancelo really stands out, he barely makes any attempt and just strolls back as Benzema crosses it. Think most full backs worth their salt there are making more of an attempt to get back around their 6 yard box, if he had he probably cuts out Benzema's pull back. 

Camavinga was sensational when he came on. In ET for the pen, he just ran past Rodri like he wasn't there. 

No he was better than Kyle Walker sure according to Brendy LOL

Camavinga has some pace 

Making up stuff now, you’re raging and it’s glorious to see LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:47pm

http://twitter.com/LIVE_LOVE_MCFC/status/1522157803393200129?s=20&t=UBNRkFkNEmUGeEMQz0X39A

I will reiterate, I don't blame the ref for the defeat, but just watched this video and its totally ridiculous those Casemeiro fouls didn't result in any cards.
I think the Sterling one was probably a foul as he is over the ball, despite it being a perfect tackle in a previous era.

Is the Bernardo Silva incident in that video? Should also have got booked in the second half.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:58pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yes Liverpool’s 15th Final.

Barca, Juve, Bayern on 14.

Madrid’s 21st.
Milan must have some win rate in finals seeing as they have 7 titles
Apologies Milan are on 14, Munich on 13.

Its ALL European Finals.

Madrid 21
Liverpool 15
Barca 14
Juve 14
Milan 14
Munich 13
Ajax 10
Benfica 10
Inter 9
Atletico 9

United not in the Top Ten !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There were a lot to blame for the two goals. 
Cancelo woeful for the first
Laporte and Dias also poor in both the goals

No surprise you focus on Grealish of course. Like a stuck record

Comes with the territory when a club pays £100m for him! 

Like Lukaku and Pogba i suppose
He has time on his side unlike Pogba though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:37pm

When you watch replays of the first goal Cancelo really stands out, he barely makes any attempt and just strolls back as Benzema crosses it. Think most full backs worth their salt there are making more of an attempt to get back around their 6 yard box, if he had he probably cuts out Benzema's pull back. 

Camavinga was sensational when he came on. In ET for the pen, he just ran past Rodri like he wasn't there. 

Camavinga has some pace 

Am I? 
You scoffed at me pointing out that in the 72 mins of the tie Walker was on the field City didn't concede but conceded 6 goals in the minutes he wasn't on the field, pointing out that Cancelo dealt better with Vicinius than Walker. Failing to mention that Cancelo was a major reason Real got back into the game. 

You were totally wrong about Kyle Walker as a footballer. Just admit it. 
We all make wrong calls as you should know. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 May 2022 at 1:38pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:47pm

Is the Bernardo Silva incident in that video? Should also have got booked in the second half.

No, its just the 3 Casemeiro incidents and Sterling being booked
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:50pm
Another point on City. Ederson needs to make more saves. Its alright being brilliant with your feet but he concedes too many that leave you thinking could he have done better. 

Didn't even move for that 2nd goal last night. The header wasn't in the corner. he'd froze like the rest of the team in front of him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:20pm

Camavinga has some pace 

Am I? 
You scoffed at me pointing out that in the 72 mins of the tie Walker was on the field City didn't concede but conceded 6 goals in the minutes he wasn't on the field, pointing out that Cancelo dealt better with Vicinius than Walker. Failing to mention that Cancelo was a major reason Real got back into the game. 

Again telling lies, I said Vinicius Jnr was much quieter when Cancelo moved to the right! Not once did I say Cancelo played well or was better than Walker they were both poor if we are being honest.

Vinicius Jnr missed a sitter at the start of the second half, had that went in Walker would have been to blame, but it’s not mentioned as there was no goal. 

Kyle Walker is the only footballer who actually looks uncomfortable on the ball in that City team, he has no obligation to attack which is just as well as he is sh*te going forward.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:29pm

Camavinga has some pace 

Am I? 

Again telling lies, I said Vinicius Jnr was much quieter when Cancelo moved to the right! Not once did I say Cancelo played well or was better than Walker they were both poor if we are being honest.

Vinicius Jnr missed a sitter at the start of the second half, had that went in Walker would have been to blame, but it’s not mentioned as there was no goal. 

Kyle Walker is the only footballer who actually looks uncomfortable on the ball in that City team, he has no obligation to attack which is just as well as he is sh*te going forward.

Correct, he's in the team for his pace in the defence to ward off counter attacks, and has also marked several top class players out of games in his 5 years at the club. If you see the shape of the team he isn't instructed to attack. 
Been a massive success and is key to how they play. 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:46pm

Another point on City. Ederson needs to make more saves. Its alright being brilliant with your feet but he concedes too many that leave you thinking could he have done better. 

Didn't even move for that 2nd goal last night. The header wasn't in the corner. he'd froze like the rest of the team in front of him

My heart in always in my mouth when he gets the ball because he does tend to leave it late to get his pass off but yeah I can see what your saying about saves...he never seems to make an unbelievable reaction save hes more a soild shot stopper.

Plenty of dead wood needs to to cleared out for next season...ferindino,zinchenko,ake and hopefully Sterling more or less gone I’d say.looking like haaland in and Alvarez,porro and herrera to be added to the squad to shake things up...although I’d love to see Palmer and delap get some game time.

A huge thing about this city side is that they can’t win ugly....it’s not the pep way so to speak.last night just getting the ball down the channels and being held up by a center forward or ran down into a corner would of got city over the line but players are afraid to just lump the ball and instead dwelled on it till they get caught or play passes into players who were tired out of options.it’s hard to see pep staying too much longer...I’d be amazed if he doesn’t go by next season.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:55pm
Frankie de Jong being linked
I’d keep Ake and Sterling 

Could see Jesus moving on 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:08am
de jong....pointless signing if it happens,there’s 2 players similar at the club.two strikers should be the main focus.I’d be happy never to see Sterling play for the club again...need to cash in on him.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:09am

He announced he would be betrayed at the last supper. 

Fernandinho:  Is it I Jesus?
Jesus:  No Fernandinho.  It is not you.

De Breuyne:  Is it I Jesus?
Jesus:  No Kevin.  It is not you?

Guardiola: Is it I Jesus?
Jesus:  f**k off Pep you w**ker
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He announced he would be betrayed at the last supper. 

Fernandinho:  Is it I Jesus?
Jesus:  No Fernandinho.  It is not you.

De Breuyne:  Is it I Jesus?
Jesus:  No Kevin.  It is not you?

Guardiola: Is it I Jesus?
Jesus:  f**k off Pep you w**ker
On the move on Sunday so...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 6:30am

Actually think they froze after the first goal. Look at the defending for the second goal they're like statues not even trying to close down the cross, get near Rodrygo or try to save it. 
Terrible game management also, like how do you go from taking centre to conceding straight away again in a matter of seconds. Ederson kicks the ball straight back out to them after the first goal. 
If that was Madrid someone would have been down injured for 4 mintues. 

The game was definitely up at the end of normal time, the likes of Zinchenko and Foden looked like they'd sh*t themselves. 

I noticed this at the time too. Needless thing to do. It was like he thought they needed to score, rather than just keep the ball and run the clock down.

The usual element of control was completely missing from their game. Some of the focus seems to be on Grealish but he was very unlucky with those chances, and it's not as if Real went down the other end straight away and scored. Even Rodrygo's 2nd goal, it's deflected off Asensio's head on to his, but felt Ederson didn't react at all.

It's a mad thing to say about a professional team who are one of the best in the world, but their reactions after conceding the first gave off the impression that they're overcoached and don't know how to react when something unexpected happens, which is possible given Pep's micro-management of every situation on the pitch. Although I think this is the one CL exit that can't be laid at Pep's door.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 7:45am
Agree with all that 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic