You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 2013/2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 464748
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 3:14am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

3.  the RTE panel going on about di maria, thought he was sh*te

Deserved his man of the match award. Sensational.

Fantastic tonight.Arguably the most under-rated player in world football at the moment
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 5:21am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

None of Maureen, Pepe or the prancing, preening fairy boy contributed the square root of fook all to the fascists' win. Small mercies. 

A deeply dislikeable club. 

Au contraire Sidney, other than Mr Johnathan Terence Esq, there are very few professional footballers in existence that would have carried off the whole ''dressing in full kit, (OK, we will have to mark him down a few bonus points for not actually elbowing Casillas out of the way and lifting the trophy himself), walking down the stadium steps waving the Big Eared Cup while celebrating like a madman in the manner of an individual that singlehandedly won the trophy by dint of his own efforts, to the exclusion of all the other lads who had merely played in the game and scored the goals that won it for Real Madrid and other fairly insignificant stuff like that''

I always disliked Mr Pepe for being a cheating horrible ***t who fouled opposition players, tried to get opponents sent off, diving, cheating, cheating, cheating, diving, and another bit of cheating after all that, but his sheer and utter shamelessness is after winning me over, he has managed something nobody previously thought possible, he has out shamelessnessed the nearly as equally horrible ***t JT by manner of his theatrically over the top celebrations post game. 

He was so fecking good at it, I would defy anyone (who didn't actually watch the game) to look at a replay of Mr Pepe walking down the steps of the stadium, waving the Big Eared Cup at the fans and somehow come to the conclusion that this individual actually (A) did not score the vital injury time equaliser that brought the game to extra time (B) Did not score either the goal that put Real Madrid ahead for the first time in the game, or the goal that finally sealed it for Real Madrid (C) Did not heroically save a penalty having gone in goal after Casillas was sent off in injury time (D) Did not play all of the 120 minutes plus injury time, accumulating a record 17 goal line clearances during the game + extra time. 

Mr Johnathan Terence, there is a new bar, and it has been set very fcuking high. Over to you. And as a measure of how high the bar is ?? Mr prancing, preening fairy boy celebrated wildly after his meaningless penalty, and as over the top as the celebration was (even picked up a deliberate booking, extra marks for that), it came nowhere near the celebrations of a chancer who had as much impact on the outcome of the game as I did watching it on the barstool. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 5:28am
2 other things, a few bonus points for the baldy fella  in the suit on Real's bench who indulged in a lot of celebrating, whoever he may be, and Di Maria, what a performance, well deserved MOTM (other than maybe Godin) ahead of much vaunted colleagues. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:08am

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

how can you not put a defender on the post 3 minutes into injury time in the champions league final? crazy

Ball gets cleared, ball gets sent back in, man on post plays Madrid players onside, Madrid score. (just like Modric in the first half).

It can work either way. Atletico have been one of the best sides in Europe at defending set pieces and decide not to put men on posts. Why change it for the last few seconds of the season?

because it was the last few seconds of the season, man on the post the ball is cleared and they are more than likely champions

Easy to say that after it has happened.

This is the situation that the Atletico coaching staff has decided is more likely to happen.

Ball gets cleared, ball gets sent back in, man on post plays Madrid players onside, Madrid score.

maybe so, bit 3 mins into injury time in the european cup final would you want a man on the post if it was your team? i would

I'd like them to set up they way they had all season.

And which post would you put this player on?
Carlo Ancelotti had Modric on the front post. Wouldn't have made a difference.

Benfica doing it perfectly in the last minute against Juventus.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1sip61_offside-corner-benfica_sport

Don't abandon the tactics that have gotten you this far.

both at that stage of the game!

And then you'd be outnumbered and they might play Solskjaer onside..

Come on TA, as it stands the conceded anyway with no one on the post, had they been out numbered because they had men on the post they still give a way a free header

I think deep down you agree that if they had men on the post deep into injury time they would be champions right now

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:28am
I take TA's point that you can concede by playing everyone onside if the ball comes back in but I do think you'll save more goals than you concede by having players on both posts. United in the 2013 season saved 3 if not 4 certain goals at corners off the line throughout the season.
Van Der Sar never let players on the post at set pieces and of course United concede goals they'd have otherwise saved if a player was there.

@Moleman

To say Real didn't deserve to equalize is insane. They were all over Atletico in the last half hour and certainly deserved to be on level terms.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:35am
A great morning to be alive. I think UEFA need to do something extra special for the Greatest Club of all time winning it 10 times. Maybe they should name the trophy after Santiago Bernabeu or Florentino Perez.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:38am
A very expensive night for The Greatest Club of all time with all the champions league winning add-on to their transfers. I read earlier that Bale alone is 20 million.
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

None of Maureen, Pepe or the prancing, preening fairy boy contributed the square root of fook all to the fascists' win. Small mercies. 

A deeply dislikeable club. 

Au contraire Sidney, other than Mr Johnathan Terence Esq, there are very few professional footballers in existence that would have carried off the whole ''dressing in full kit, (OK, we will have to mark him down a few bonus points for not actually elbowing Casillas out of the way and lifting the trophy himself), walking down the stadium steps waving the Big Eared Cup while celebrating like a madman in the manner of an individual that singlehandedly won the trophy by dint of his own efforts, to the exclusion of all the other lads who had merely played in the game and scored the goals that won it for Real Madrid and other fairly insignificant stuff like that''

I always disliked Mr Pepe for being a cheating horrible ***t who fouled opposition players, tried to get opponents sent off, diving, cheating, cheating, cheating, diving, and another bit of cheating after all that, but his sheer and utter shamelessness is after winning me over, he has managed something nobody previously thought possible, he has out shamelessnessed the nearly as equally horrible ***t JT by manner of his theatrically over the top celebrations post game. 

He was so fecking good at it, I would defy anyone (who didn't actually watch the game) to look at a replay of Mr Pepe walking down the steps of the stadium, waving the Big Eared Cup at the fans and somehow come to the conclusion that this individual actually (A) did not score the vital injury time equaliser that brought the game to extra time (B) Did not score either the goal that put Real Madrid ahead for the first time in the game, or the goal that finally sealed it for Real Madrid (C) Did not heroically save a penalty having gone in goal after Casillas was sent off in injury time (D) Did not play all of the 120 minutes plus injury time, accumulating a record 17 goal line clearances during the game + extra time. 

Mr Johnathan Terence, there is a new bar, and it has been set very fcuking high. Over to you. And as a measure of how high the bar is ?? Mr prancing, preening fairy boy celebrated wildly after his meaningless penalty, and as over the top as the celebration was (even picked up a deliberate booking, extra marks for that), it came nowhere near the celebrations of a chancer who had as much impact on the outcome of the game as I did watching it on the barstool. 

Quality post LOL
Boban View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Fantastic tonight.Arguably the most under-rated player in world football at the moment
Brilliant last night.The only player who looked capable of opening up Atletico's defence in the 90 minutes.If Atletico had been able to hold on,though,Godin surely would have got MOTM.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

how can you not put a defender on the post 3 minutes into injury time in the champions league final? crazy

feel sorry for the atletico players but delighted for that simeone, horrible tramp

fully deserved win for real

2 things.
1. The part in bold is just utter nonsense. Atletico were by far the better side in 90 minutes. Real robbed a draw in 90 minutes. A great header by Ramos to equalise, but pure robbery on the 90 minutes gone before. Utter bollocks.

2. Why the hell do fellas pedal this nonsense about corners. The best organised defensive side in the world set up for corners in the way they have always done. They have done so with great success. Yet spoof merchants throw out comments like that. By the way, you will be one of a massive number who will mention this comical opinion. It smacks of the other nonsense regarding corners where people constantly slate zonal marking when not having a clue what they are talking about.

1. you are entitled to your opinion, hanging on for the last 25 mins, if bale had his shooting boots game would have been long over.

2. the best organised defensive side in the world did a great job in injury time alright, had they a man on the post they would be champions right now

If they have a system of defending that doesn't have men on the post, why the f**k would they change it?

But your right and the Athletico staff are moronsClap. Simeone OUT Shoco IN
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Boban Boban wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Brilliant last night.The only player who looked capable of opening up Atletico's defence in the 90 minutes.If Atletico had been able to hold on,though,Godin surely would have got MOTM.

I reckon Gabi would have won it if Atletico had held on.He had an excellent game .
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 1:24pm
It's amazing how after the event is over, the result can totally skew what has gone before in peoples minds. There is no doubt Real were far superior in extra time. None at all.

In the 90 minutes though, Atletico dominated Real for 75 minutes. Their midfield were massively on top until this point. Ronaldo and Benzema were anonymous, while Bale tried but could not find enough space to hurt Atletico. After this point it was clear that from midfield up Atletico were running on empty. They were out on their feet - the lack of a bigger squad over the season was always going to have an effect eventually. Especially when you play with such energy and pressing tactics in the midfield sector.

Make no mistake, Atletico were the better side in 90 minutes of play. It would have been an incredible achievement for Simeone and his squad if they hadn't conceded late on, but that's the joy of sport.

Also, the talk about men on the posts is just ludicrous. There are numerous factors taken into account when setting up for set pieces. Most teams find their system, refine it, and never change it during a season. Atletico have been exceptional all season at dealing with set plays. Yet in th last minute of the season people on ybig want some oaf to run back onto the post, going against their well trained system, in case the ball gets there. PLEASE, PLEASE, STOP.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

feel sorry for the atletico players but delighted for that simeone, horrible tramp

fully deserved win for real

2 things.
1. The part in bold is just utter nonsense. Atletico were by far the better side in 90 minutes. Real robbed a draw in 90 minutes. A great header by Ramos to equalise, but pure robbery on the 90 minutes gone before. Utter bollocks.

2. Why the hell do fellas pedal this nonsense about corners. The best organised defensive side in the world set up for corners in the way they have always done. They have done so with great success. Yet spoof merchants throw out comments like that. By the way, you will be one of a massive number who will mention this comical opinion. It smacks of the other nonsense regarding corners where people constantly slate zonal marking when not having a clue what they are talking about.

1. you are entitled to your opinion, hanging on for the last 25 mins, if bale had his shooting boots game would have been long over.

2. the best organised defensive side in the world did a great job in injury time alright, had they a man on the post they would be champions right now

If they have a system of defending that doesn't have men on the post, why the f**k would they change it?

But your right and the Athletico staff are moronsClap. Simeone OUT Shoco IN

i never mentioned the atletico staff , a mod making stuff up to have a go at someone Clap

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 2:27pm
What did Dunphy say about Ronaldos celebration?

captain slog View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain slog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 3:18pm
congratulations Real Madrid,only real men conquer Europe in Lisbon, f**k you Athletico
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 464748
  Share Topic