You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 18/19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 65>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:37am
Tough draw Bayern but they haven't been as strong this season so hopefully that continues
DeGea's going to be a busy man v PSG LOL

Edited by Croftman - 17 Dec 2018 at 11:38am
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:41am
True Bayern haven't been great but who knows what may happen in the next two months.

I'll go

City
Juventus
PSG
Dortmund
Barcelona
Roma
Real Madrid
Liverpool
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:42am
Interesting draw. Man City should be ok but the other three English sides got tough draws.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:52am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Round of 16

Schalke (GER) v Man. City (ENG)

Atlético (ESP) v Juventus (ITA)

Man. United (ENG v Paris SG (FRA)

Tottenham (ENG) v Dortmund (GER)

Lyon (FRA) v Barcelona (ESP)

Roma (ITA) v Porto (POR)

Ajax (NED) v Real Madrid (ESP)

Liverpool (ENG) v Bayern (GER)

What a draw Clap Clap Clap 

Other than Spurs v Dortmund don't recall these teams playing each other recently. Most of the games look fairly even on current form 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:08pm

Kloppo knows how to beat the Bavarians.

City and Barca should go through handy, but the rest are hard to call.

I fancy Maureen doing a job on Paris and the Ref (Neymar).

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:40pm
The three England-Germany ties perfectly capture the spirit of the Brexit/World War II nostalgia zeitgeist. 

English pride will rest on the team from the Irish Catholic city managed by a German, the team whose followers self-identify as Jews and are managed by an Argentine, and the plaything of a slaveholding Middle Eastern petro-state.

These three ties will really whip up the spirit of the blitz.

I expect tomorrow's tabloids to run with front page illustrations of Jurgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino and Pep Guardiola dressed as Dad's Army with the accompanying headline "Let's Blitz the Fritz! - For You, German teams, ze Champions League Is Over!"

Edited by sid waddell - 17 Dec 2018 at 12:41pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:24pm
Looking forward to the English media wankfest for Sancho
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The three England-Germany ties perfectly capture the spirit of the Brexit/World War II nostalgia zeitgeist. 

English pride will rest on the team from the Irish Catholic city managed by a German, the team whose followers self-identify as Jews and are managed by an Argentine, and the plaything of a slaveholding Middle Eastern petro-state.

These three ties will really whip up the spirit of the blitz.

I expect tomorrow's tabloids to run with front page illustrations of Jurgen Klopp, Mauricio Pochettino and Pep Guardiola dressed as Dad's Army with the accompanying headline "Let's Blitz the Fritz! - For You, German teams, ze Champions League Is Over!"
LOL

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Kloppo knows how to beat the Bavarians.

Not in the Champions League he doesn’t.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:13pm

In fairness he's been incredible. 

I'd be delighted if I were Reiss Nelson, averaging a goal once every 75 minutes for Hoffenheim and not having media pressure put on me because of another Englishman in a foreign league.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

In fairness he's been incredible. 

I'd be delighted if I were Reiss Nelson, averaging a goal once every 75 minutes for Hoffenheim and not having media pressure put on me because of another Englishman in a foreign league.

I'm not saying he hasn't been, he's been brilliant as has Reiss Nelson
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:41pm
I think PSG, Roma, the other 3 English teams and the 3 Spanish teams in the last 8.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I think PSG, Roma, the other 3 English teams and the 3 Spanish teams in the last 8.
How exciting! 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I wouldn’t be so sure about Roma, they have been far from convincing this season. Olsen in goal especially has been very shaky.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:52am
recently if the main game on a Champions League night was Man United it was watch for 20 mins and turn it off- awful sh*te. 

So Jolly is bringing the good times back, tonight's match should be good
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:58am
Some turnaround for both teams since the draw was made. Neymar and Cavani out for PSG, United have been on a great run of form. Should be a good game to watch. I watched PSG loss to Lyon a couple of weeks ago and if they play like that tonight, they'll lose heavily.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:03pm
I think United could win the tie tonight

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:06pm
United need to go at them early and bully them the way Liverpool did at Anfield earlier this season. Old Trafford will be hopping and if United get an early goal it could be a memorable night.
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 65>
  Share Topic