Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 79>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
Just noticed ribery has 7 shaved into his hair what a knob
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They always find a way 
Like the PSG and Juve games they haven’t been that good again 

It's a funny one. They are absolutely clinical with their chances and come up with goals when it matters which can only be admired. But they concede loads of clear cut chances too and that cannot be part of any plan or strategy.

So in summary, they are jammy fooks 
El Puto Amo
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

They always find a way 

It's a funny one. They are absolutely clinical with their chances and come up with goals when it matters which can only be admired. But they concede loads of clear cut chances too and that cannot be part of any plan or strategy.

It has to be admired though, the likes of Napoli, Real, Liverpool etc all attack with such intent and it seems to be really paying off!

I suppose it's probably what frustrates the life of out Man United fans especially! The shackles are nearly always on and with that your game plan is to not concede first of all and then hope to nick one! 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Man United fans should be worried. Likelihood of Madrid putting in a bid for David De Gea in the summer is shooting up

Was thinking the same after his mistake against Juve. He's been consistent for them over the last couple of seasons but I think there'll be pressure on whoever the manager is next season to bring in a big name keeper.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:34pm
Lewandowski and Muller very poor tonight 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:57pm
Didn't think much of Munich tonight. Lewondowski doesn't look interested
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:58pm
Robben's loss was huge there. He provides huge energy and that was Bayern lacked when they attacked.

Madrid really are some shower of jammy fookers. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Robben's loss was huge there. He provides huge energy and that was Bayern lacked when they attacked.

They're not jammy and I can smell the fear out of that post tbh Wink

I'd fear Real more than Bayern in a final irrespective of tonight's result. Ronaldo was ineffective tonight with little service but he's a perpetual threat that Munich don't have to the same extent.  

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

They're not jammy and I can smell the fear out of that post tbh Wink

I'd fear Real more than Bayern in a final irrespective of tonight's result. Ronaldo was ineffective tonight with little service but he's a perpetual threat that Munich don't have to the same extent.  

They're incredibly jammy. Two goals tonight, basic defensive work would have prevented the shot happening, the second was entirey self-inflicted.

Robben going off injured after five minutes, then Boateng too, which robbed Munich of their best attacking player and defensive solidity, as well as greatly limiting their bench options which told in the last 20 minutes when they looked jaded and nobody to come on and impact the game. 

Even with the pedestrian nature of most of Munich's attacking, they should have scored at least three. But you have to take your chances. 

Madrid are an incredibly lucky team. Their true worth is shown in their consistent failure to produce the goods in the league. Two titles in nine seasons is a very poor return for all the money they have. 

Liverpool should have no fear of them. Salah against Marcelo would be a massive mismatch. 

I wouldn't rank either tie over just yet though, it's crtainly not beyond Munich to score twice in Madrid and Liverpool have given themselves some needless work to do. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:43am

They always find a way 

Once again they haven’t played well over 90 mins. 

It was a poor defensive display from Real and by uncharacteristic poor finishing by Bayern they managed to only concede one goal.
Bayern will be kicking themselves they haven’t scored at least 3.

You can say it’s a sign of a good team to win not playing well but those teams don’t defend like Madrid did last night.

The Real v Juve Final last year was one of the best performances I’ve seen. Even Real v Man U in the super Cup was a top class display of football. I’ve not seen them play anything like that since.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 7:35am
I would be majorly concerned at Salah coming up against Marcelo who's positional sense is absolutely dreadful, good going forward mind.

Varane and Ramos are a brilliant pairing and their midfield is the best in the world, up top I don't know what Zidane sees in Benzema he offers very little these days, Asensio should be starting every big game and I can see why he persists with Vasquez who offers great work rate on the right.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They always find a way 

Once again they haven’t played well over 90 mins. 

It was a poor defensive display from Real and by uncharacteristic poor finishing by Bayern they managed to only concede one goal.
Bayern will be kicking themselves they haven’t scored at least 3.

You can say it’s a sign of a good team to win not playing well but those teams don’t defend like Madrid did last night.

The Real v Juve Final last year was one of the best performances I’ve seen. Even Real v Man U in the super Cup was a top class display of football. I’ve not seen them play anything like that since.

True.

In their knockout games this season I've seen very little of Modric, Kroos and even Isco dominating games and creating chances. Yet they are still winning

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:26am
i have an irrational dislike for Bayern. Really hope Real see it out and play Liverpool in the final

Real have not really fired yet but that would be a worry. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:29am
You'd have to say that, for a Champions League semi-final tie, that was incredibly poor fare last night. The amount of misplaced passes and poor touches was unbelievable.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:06am
Both teams weren't great last night, as Devrozex says the amount of mistimed passes and poor touches was terrible.

Every time Bayern got the ball they gave it back to the a Madrid player with the second pass. They had no pace whatsoever once Robben when off. I think Kovac is going to have a tough job on his hands there next year as they need a bit of revamp especially out wide and I think they rely too heavily on Lewandowski too if he has a bad game then they struggle.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Every time Bayern got the ball they gave it back to the a Madrid player with the second pass. They had no pace whatsoever once Robben when off. I think Kovac is going to have a tough job on his hands there next year as they need a bit of revamp especially out wide and I think they rely too heavily on Lewandowski too if he has a bad game then they struggle.
They already have Kingsley Coman and Douglas Costa to come back.

Both should really have replaced either or both Robben/Ribery this season.
Ribery was shocking last night.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Is he not going to Juve permanently?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:50am

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Is he not going to Juve permanently?
Not sure.
Word on the Strasse is that he's back in June.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 79>
  Share Topic