Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celtic v Liverpool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 11:40am
'leathcheann'... mo chara
Sponsored Links

jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 2:04pm
now its decided Celtic are the champions of Dublin, who will we be playing against next year to defend our title, wouldn mind Chelsea or man u   
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 1:03pm
I was cynical about this when the game was announced saying i would have no interest in going down to watch a friendly and thought it would be like that Celtic, Man City, Inter Milan pre season tournament in Dublin a few years ago 

From reports i've heard of the day, I was wrong

Great atmosphere for a change in the Aviva and a great days craic 

Pure class. @celticfc fans now singing 'Justice for the 96' #JFT96 #thanks

CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:22pm
Fantastic day and I can see this now being an annual event.
Probably 'Man Utd v Celtic' next year !!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:24pm
Was it a full house?

Where will all these great fans be when sweden roll into town for a VITAL qualifier? 
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:24pm
Sitting at home on their bar stool!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Was it a full house?

Where will all these great fans be when sweden roll into town for a VITAL qualifier? 

There are a lot of irish football fans who have no interest in the Ireland national team 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:28pm
Ah but sure it was a great atmosphere and a great days craic so thats all that matters

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:38pm

Ah but sure it was a great atmosphere and a great days craic so thats all that matters

ConfusedConfusedConfused
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:42pm
Its a pathetic situation when the ground will probably be half full for a vital home qualifier next month but was pretty much full for a meaningless friendly

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:46pm

Its a pathetic situation when the ground will probably be half full for a vital home qualifier next month but was pretty much full for a meaningless friendly

I agree. Thats why i had no interest in going down to that match at the weekend. 

But that doesn't mean that the atmosphere wasn't very good, and is traditionally sh*te at international games. 

jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:56pm

the EPL is far more popular than international football
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 3:12pm
I was talking to few lads over from Glasgow for the match and they where saying how weird the amount of Irish people supporting Liverpool at the game
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

I was talking to few lads over from Glasgow for the match and they where saying how weird the amount of Irish people supporting Liverpool at the game

why did they find this weird? 
is it because the Irish love to jump on band wagons and Liverpool are sh*t? 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 3:35pm
well they have a huge following in Ireland so inevitable really. my liverpool "mad" friends who have never been to anfield are regulars at ireland games home and away. what does that make them? good ireland fans, barstool liverpool fans?

all gets a bit confusing really Smile

Take your point on the EPL being more popular than International football though. A one off friendly between two very well supported sides was always going to get a good crowd and was topped up with some scousers and Glasgweigans who fancied a few days on the piss in Dublin

jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

why did they find this weird? 
is it because the Irish love to jump on band wagons and Liverpool are sh*t? 
Liverpool and man u have the big support because they are englands most successful sides over the years,we were singing for ninety minutes and not a peep out of the pool fans,I suppose they wouldn't what to do without their remote control and half time kettle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
  Share Topic