You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 219>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Argentinians are celebrating her death by the looks of it.

That’s strange.

Hardly. Thatcher fired on a retreating ship. And they occupy the Malvinas

I suggest you take a read about the reasoning for the initial invasion, and the Argentine regime that was in charge and why it happened. It was brutal beyond belief, and the invasion was a failed effort to drum up sympathy. And they history of the Falkland Islands does nothing to suggest Argentina has a right to it.

Get out a globe buddy. Malvinas are a zillion miles from England.

It was planted by British settlers. As per usual.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 10:45pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Argentinians are celebrating her death by the looks of it.

That’s strange.

Hardly. Thatcher fired on a retreating ship. And they occupy the Malvinas

I suggest you take a read about the reasoning for the initial invasion, and the Argentine regime that was in charge and why it happened. It was brutal beyond belief, and the invasion was a failed effort to drum up sympathy. And they history of the Falkland Islands does nothing to suggest Argentina has a right to it.

Get out a globe buddy. Malvinas are a zillion miles from England.

It was planted by British settlers. As per usual.

So what? That doesn’t mean Argentina had any right to govern it? And it has been under a number of sovereign jurisdictions. In fact, the UK had explore the possibility of transferring the sovereignty, only when that didn’t happen the barbarous ruling class decided to invade to enhance their hold on power, and it failed miserably.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 10:54am
According to the guardian, the BBC and various other media outlets all football games in the uk have been postponed this weekend as a make of respect.....well not quite....game on in the NW last night
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 12:57pm
Stupid they called off football but not cricket or rugby. 

It should have been across the board or not at all. 

What has the FA/Premier League gained from it? Imagine the Scotish, Welsh and N.I clubs had to follow suit once one did it. 
It's f**ked with thousands of people financially by messing up their travel and weekend plan. Messed with the TV schedules. Messed up millions of fans plans to watch it over the weekend. Adds additional fixtures congestion at the top level. 
Could understand it if it was across the board kind of mandated buy they look like they just took it upon themselves as a mark of respect but I think a greater mark of respect would have been minutes silence before every game and have more respect for the people who had planned on consuming the football over the weekend 

Edited by t_rAndy - 10 Sep 2022 at 12:58pm
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 1:36pm
cricket isnt a sport
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 1:38pm
At least the opera went ahead 

The Daily Mail woukd combust if the premier league wasn’t cancelled 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Stupid they called off football but not cricket or rugby. 

It should have been across the board or not at all. 

What has the FA/Premier League gained from it? Imagine the Scotish, Welsh and N.I clubs had to follow suit once one did it. 
It's f**ked with thousands of people financially by messing up their travel and weekend plan. Messed with the TV schedules. Messed up millions of fans plans to watch it over the weekend. Adds additional fixtures congestion at the top level. 
Could understand it if it was across the board kind of mandated buy they look like they just took it upon themselves as a mark of respect but I think a greater mark of respect would have been minutes silence before every game and have more respect for the people who had planned on consuming the football over the weekend 
Emphasises the subservience of the working classes....the people who grinned themselves to death, smiled so much they failed to take a breath,even when their kids were starving,  they all thought the queen was charming.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 2:08pm
The Daily Mail blaming Shamrock Rovers LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2022 at 2:45pm
I’m not quite sure I’d read it as blaming Rovers. The context seems to be that the politicised nature of football could lead to authorities and clubs having to ‘explain themselves’ if the minutes silence was not observed.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:17pm
BBC Commentator Eddie Butler. One of the absolute best around.

If I was ever going to comission a montage of my life, he would have been top of the list to narrate it. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

If I was ever going to comission a montage of my life, he would have been top of the list to narrate it. 

He couldn't be too old. 

Any mention of cause?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 6:52pm

He couldn't be too old. 

Any mention of cause?
Only 65.

Died in his sleep while doing a charity trek out in Peru. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 9:39pm

When I first read that I thought Eddie Waring bbc rugby league commentator from years ago 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

When I first read that I thought Eddie Waring bbc rugby league commentator from years ago 

That’s mental.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 6:51am
Coolio
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 4:50pm
[]

One of our own! 
Let Christy Take It.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 11:16pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 5:57pm
Brian Mullins - A giant of Dublin football in every sense. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 219>
  Share Topic