You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celebrity Death Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 218>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Umm Michael Douglas's mother is dead

So I see.I made the mistake of assuming the 100 year old was the same mother to the four sons.

Reading about him online, I see that when Kirk finally kicks the bucket there could be some major stuff coming out about him.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 14 May 2019 at 11:21pm
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Umm Michael Douglas's mother is dead

So I see.I made the mistake of assuming the 100 year old was the same mother to the four sons.

Reading about him online, I see that when Kirk finally kicks the bucket there could be some major stuff coming out about him.

Anything similar to the Martin Sheen rumours?
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 5:52pm
Grumpy Cat.Only 7 years old.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:03am
Niki Lauda
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Niki Lauda
Only 70 too
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Niki Lauda

NIKI!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:34pm
LOUDER................
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:31pm
Actor Andrew Hall. Mainly famous for playing Russell, one of Wendy Craig's sons in the Sitcom, Butterflies. As the good looking charismatic one he was expected to go on to big things which he didn't really do. It was the dorky one (Nicholas Lyndhurst) who went on to great success.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 22 May 2019 at 4:37pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:53pm
Niki Lauda was a remarkable individual. Most will have read about his crash in the old Nurgburgring in 1976 while leading the world championship, to get back in an F1 car 40 days after receiving the last rites in hospital was nearly superhuman. This while his wounds were still weeping, and scarring prevented him from blinking in one eye. There was a decent segment with ex F1 driver John Watson on OTB about the crash during the week, worth a listen for those interested. Lads talking about sporting comebacks a few weeks ago were banging on about Tiger Woods, who merely had a bit of back pain for a few years. Such is the age of marketing bullsh*t we live in I suppose. 

What wasn't mentioned in as much detail was his 2nd career as an airline owner (he also qualified as a commercial airline pilot). One of his planes crashed in Thailand in 1991, resulting in the loss of 213 lives. He travelled there himself and went to the funeral of the unidentified victims, then got directly involved in the accident investigation. Boeing basically said that a reverse thruster fault occurred, but Lauda, as a pilot, thought this alone wasn't the reason as it should have been survivable if that was the case. He flew the scenario in simulators multiples of times and ''survived'' each time, so he thought something else was wrong.

He asked Boeing for the use of their simulator, configured differently with the relevant crash data scenario, Boeing refused, but he kept at them until they gave in. In this simulator, the crash wasn't survivable, Lauda tried it himself multiples of times. Boeing were still insisting it was a survivable incident, so Niki told them he would be happy to fly with 2 of their pilots and have the thruster deliberately fail in mid flight to prove it could survive the failure. They backed down straight away and admitted the accident was their fault and not that of Lauda or the engine manufacturer. 

There was a man who couldn't be bluffed, and he had something of a history of being brave to the point of stupidity, so Boeing weren't in much doubt his offer to fly a plane and have it deliberately fail was genuine. RIP. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Niki Lauda was a remarkable individual. Most will have read about his crash in the old Nurgburgring in 1976 while leading the world championship, to get back in an F1 car 40 days after receiving the last rites in hospital was nearly superhuman. This while his wounds were still weeping, and scarring prevented him from blinking in one eye. There was a decent segment with ex F1 driver John Watson on OTB about the crash during the week, worth a listen for those interested. Lads talking about sporting comebacks a few weeks ago were banging on about Tiger Woods, who merely had a bit of back pain for a few years. Such is the age of marketing bullsh*t we live in I suppose. 

What wasn't mentioned in as much detail was his 2nd career as an airline owner (he also qualified as a commercial airline pilot). One of his planes crashed in Thailand in 1991, resulting in the loss of 213 lives. He travelled there himself and went to the funeral of the unidentified victims, then got directly involved in the accident investigation. Boeing basically said that a reverse thruster fault occurred, but Lauda, as a pilot, thought this alone wasn't the reason as it should have been survivable if that was the case. He flew the scenario in simulators multiples of times and ''survived'' each time, so he thought something else was wrong.

He asked Boeing for the use of their simulator, configured differently with the relevant crash data scenario, Boeing refused, but he kept at them until they gave in. In this simulator, the crash wasn't survivable, Lauda tried it himself multiples of times. Boeing were still insisting it was a survivable incident, so Niki told them he would be happy to fly with 2 of their pilots and have the thruster deliberately fail in mid flight to prove it could survive the failure. They backed down straight away and admitted the accident was their fault and not that of Lauda or the engine manufacturer. 

There was a man who couldn't be bluffed, and he had something of a history of being brave to the point of stupidity, so Boeing weren't in much doubt his offer to fly a plane and have it deliberately fail was genuine. RIP. 

Interesting.  Didn't know anything about him tbh.  Also Boeing not coming across well considering their greed probably cost 2 crashes recently as well.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:08am
It's almost as if the owners of major corporations cared more about profits than lives! Who would have thought that?

Likewise, I knew f**k all about Lauda. Driving fast cars certainly seems to attract some interesting types; and Lewis Hamilton.

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 May 2019 at 12:16am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's almost as if the owners of major corporations cared more about profits than lives! Who would have thought that?

Likewise, I knew f**k all about Lauda. Driving fast cars certainly seems to attract some interesting types, and Lewis Hamilton.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:17am
Niki Laura's story is remarkable. I knew the name from when i was a.big fan of F1 in 90's/early 00's but then the movie about him and James Hunt I watched last year on a plane I then done a lot of follow up research. As said, remarkable story. Any normal person would have given up and died.
I also love the fact that the other drivers, particular an Italian guy I am too lazy to Google, are the ones who actually pulled him to 'safety' and saved his life. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:27am
I think his actual team mate at the time was the 1that stopped and pulled him out an english bloke I think before some others helped, maybe wrong though
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 8:57pm
Lisa Dingle Thumbs Up
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Lisa Dingle Thumbs Up
Cry
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:40am
Did they get married in the end?
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Lisa Dingle Thumbs Up

Albert Tatlock. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 218>
  Share Topic