You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Castore for Ireland Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 48>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:02pm
Any idea where I could buy the green jumper, the one the players wear in some of the interviews lads? Can't see it on elverys
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:05pm
The Scottish 150th anniversary jersey is šŸ†

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 26 Mar 2023 at 12:06pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Aaron1930 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron1930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by HospitalPass HospitalPass wrote:

I dunno lads. It's slowly growing on me but I'll have to see and feel it for myself before even considering buying it.
Seeing those pictures of the Wolves and Bayer Leverkusen shirts literally tearing at the seams makes me wary of buying - not just Castore - but new jerseys in general these days - especially since even GAA training gear has gone up in price. I see both points of view on the new kit but time will ultimately tell...

I do think it looks decent but I've seen some horror stories surrounding Castore gear so wary of buying anything. 

My main issue (with the appearance) is the 'Ireland Football' around the crest. I'm sure I'll get used to it but, my first impression was that it makes the jersey look like something you'd pick up for a tenner at a street stall on holiday with the other knock-offs. 
Aaron1930 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron1930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Will the jerseys be available in all good staunch rangurz shops?  

I'll check the Rangers shop at the airport in the morning for youLOL
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:55pm
Must be serious supply issues with Castore, all the u21 backroom and coaching staff still wearing Umbro
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Must be serious supply issues with Castore, all the u21 backroom and coaching staff still wearing Umbro

Jaysus šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 10:14am
Any fears that the kit will disintegrate mid match versus France?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Any fears that the kit will disintegrate mid match versus France?

Shirts v skins scenario? 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:42pm
Interesting article in the Athletic about them yesterday. Originally, they wanted to use high end Italian manufacturers but had supply issues because they underestimated the demand for football jerseys. Manufacturing was then outsourced to Asia while keeping the ā€œpremium sportswearā€ branding and pricing. Quality control went out the window in order to fulfill their contractual obligations.

Article says they are winning more deals by offering a higher percentage royalties off jersey sales. The problem with this is that they still have supply issues and the products now have a reputation for being sub-par so they arenā€™t selling as expected. Newcastle are trying to get out of their contract because of this. An Aussie AFL team also cancelled due to so many problems with the gear.

Worth exploring if the deal made between Delaney and Mike Ashley forced them to go with Castore especially with his previous links with Newcastle and Rangers. Slightly worrying they couldnā€™t source enough plain green training tops to iron the crests onto for the u21s.

Edited by Fatnacho - 27 Mar 2023 at 12:43pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:45pm
Jesus none of that sounds good. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Interesting article in the Athletic about them yesterday. Originally, they wanted to use high end Italian manufacturers but had supply issues because they underestimated the demand for football jerseys. Manufacturing was then outsourced to Asia while keeping the ā€œpremium sportswearā€ branding and pricing. Quality control went out the window in order to fulfill their contractual obligations.

Article says they are winning more deals by offering a higher percentage royalties off jersey sales. The problem with this is that they still have supply issues and the products now have a reputation for being sub-par so they arenā€™t selling as expected. Newcastle are trying to get out of their contract because of this. An Aussie AFL team also cancelled due to so many problems with the gear.

Worth exploring if the deal made between Delaney and Mike Ashley forced them to go with Castore especially with his previous links with Newcastle and Rangers. Slightly worrying they couldnā€™t source enough plain green training tops to iron the crests onto for the u21s.

The FAI and Castore.  A partnership well suited.  Two bungling enterprises.

Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 1:21pm
Havenā€™t seen the jumper referred to above for sale anywhere.

Edited by Declanus - 27 Mar 2023 at 1:22pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

That definitely sounds a bit dodgy. I especially don't like the part about the products being allegedly sub-par.....that will become obvious to anyone if it's true i.e. if the shirts are poor quality and made of bad material. The gear won't last long at all.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 2:52pm
On the Elverys website, the ā‚¬105 pro version of the shirt is already out of stock before it's even gone on sale!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:03pm
A new retro Umbro range popped up lately and I saw loads wearing it last night.  Loads and loads of Italia 90, euro 88, USA 94 jersies, loads of kids wearing them too. I can see that really kicking off and Castore selling relatively f**k all 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:19pm
They have the new jersey on display in Elverys in town apparently. Obviously still only taking preorders.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:31pm
Castore are obviously terribly run.  To launch a new shirt and only be available for pre orders is ridiculous. They have missed all thr potential sales during this international window (apart from small pre orsers) and the tourists for Paddys Day who would have bought loads. They cant even supply the U21s properly for matlches.

PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 6:21pm
The printing on Ogbene sleeve hanging off during the game...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 48>
  Share Topic