You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Casement Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:43pm
Knew this was coming - my mate is a construction lawyer in Belfast and he called this month's ago. He said it was pure amateur by Durkan
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:58pm
Casement demolished ? how can they tell ?*

*assumption that it was a bit of a sh*te hole to start with
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Casement demolished ? how can they tell ?*

*assumption that it was a bit of a sh*te hole to start with

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

RTID you are a sad f**ker taking pleasure from this, it's ridiculous what has occurred but it really would take someone of your calibre to celebrate it.

who is celebrating? It's a disaster. The GAA should have allowed a professional sports organisation arrange this for them
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 8:46pm
Not really the GAA's fault to be fair . Blame lies with the government department hence the judicial review
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Not really the GAA's fault to be fair . Blame lies with the government department hence the judicial review
NOT the GAA's fault? A certain poster with an agenda against the GAA will not be happy with that comment
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:32pm
What actually happened?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:32pm
The GAA need to get in the RA to intimidate the residents
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
dudnalkfc10 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

RTID you are a sad f**ker taking pleasure from this, it's ridiculous what has occurred but it really would take someone of your calibre to celebrate it.

who is celebrating? It's a disaster. The GAA should have allowed a professional sports organisation arrange this for them

Someone like the FAI?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:00pm
This is entirely the GAA's fault. (Antrim co board and Ulster council for various things).

Aye, Durkan ballsed up but this should never have been near a judicial review if the GAA didn't try and ride roughshod over residents and the social club that actually donated its profits to Antrim GAA. Utter madness
@AntrimMan85
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:06pm

Windsor Park, work ongoing. 

Ravenhill, work nearly done. 

Casement Park, demolished with no building going to happen any time soon and London to recall the funding. 

And the Gah heads tell us they are the best run sport.  Jokeshop
That's because we are, mate. 

Up the RA!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:11pm

. The GAA should have allowed a professional sports organisation arrange this for them
The Dublin football team have enough to be getting on with without planning the redevelopment of a stadium in another county.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

. The GAA should have allowed a professional sports organisation arrange this for them
The Dublin football team have enough to be getting on with without planning the redevelopment of a stadium in another county.

They are trying to grow the sport abroad I here.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

This is entirely the GAA's fault. (Antrim co board and Ulster council for various things).

Aye, Durkan ballsed up but this should never have been near a judicial review if the GAA didn't try and ride roughshod over residents and the social club that actually donated its profits to Antrim GAA. Utter madness

Totally agree with this. I love the gaa but can't defend them this time around (primarily Antrim gaa and the ulster council). Tried to bully local residents groups into letting them build a white elephant of a stadium in their area.

anyone that knows were casement park is situated would know there was going to be several issues with having crowds of 38000 people in that area (even though gaa said be no issue) last time I was in casement park was for a charity event with maybe 10000 people present and we're serious issues surrounding parking and traffic congestion so how they didn't think be an issue with crowd at almost 4 times the size of that   
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

anyone that knows were casement park is situated would know there was going to be several issues with having crowds of 38000 people in that area (even though gaa said be no issue) last time I was in casement park was for a charity event with maybe 10000 people present and we're serious issues surrounding parking and traffic congestion so how they didn't think be an issue with crowd at almost 4 times the size of that   
What major stadium in Ireland (ie 30k+) doesn't have traffic issues? Why would Casement Park's traffic issues be any worse than those of say, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Limerick, Thurles, Galway or Clones? Is it to do with people not wanting to park in, how would I phrase this gently, black Loyalist ****holes?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Ginzo Ginzo wrote:

How much of it is currently demolished?

Tallaght, Andytown or Casement pk?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

What major stadium in Ireland (ie 30k+) doesn't have traffic issues? Why would Casement Park's traffic issues be any worse than those of say, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Limerick, Thurles, Galway or Clones? Is it to do with people not wanting to park in, how would I phrase this gently, black Loyalist ****holes?

I agree but the gaa played this issue down and said wouldn't be major issue etc when everyone knows it would be. Antrim man would know better than me but isn't the roads around casement the main links into the city from that end of Belfast

Tbh I happy with the decision as didn't want to be going to casement park for Ulster finals. Keep them in clones for the foreseeable future
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:55pm
From what I remember of Casement park, think it was 2006 I was in it. Everyone is just parking in Housing estates around the ground. It took about 2 hours to get away from the ground afterwards due to traffic also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic