You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carlsberg fans village

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm
Newry Rep said to me that the tents were spotless , bathrooms you could eat your dinner off them they were that clean and the Stella was the coldest he had ever had .

Hummmmm maybe i could be mixing him up with someone else ..............
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Newry Rep said to me that the tents were spotless , bathrooms you could eat your dinner off them they were that clean and the Stella was the coldest he had ever had .

Hummmmm maybe i could be mixing him up with someone else ..............

the last time me and mrs newryrep were in a tent was in deepest Wisconsin 5 years ago and after getting eaten alive with mosquitos ( we unfortunately  washed off the mosquito repellent when we went for a dip in the river ) she confirmed 'it was the last time'
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 3:57pm
Did have a quick look at that when booking but then came across a spot right close to the centre of Gdansk which was a monastery of some description rented out for the euros. A grand spot with old army type single beds. The thoughts of an overcrowded field with drunk paddies and the lashings of rain. Lucky escape that one.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:46pm
Everything about it was awful, similar to a refugee camp I'd imagine.

It was so popular because the accommodation options around Poznan were so limited, lads werent willingly signing up to stay in a tent. The heat in the mornings made you get up and start on the lash again even earlier that you might of.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 8:56pm
If it's any consolation to all of ye, we had a four star city centre hotel in Poznan for about 70 quid a night for your own room. Tough times.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Did have a quick look at that when booking but then came across a spot right close to the centre of Gdansk which was a monastery of some description rented out for the euros. A grand spot with old army type single beds. The thoughts of an overcrowded field with drunk paddies and the lashings of rain. Lucky escape that one.

I woke up here the morning after the Spain game and hadn't a balls notion how I ended up there. Haven't been able to find it since...
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
  Share Topic