You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carlsberg fans village

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:28pm
Booked 3 single tents for June 13th-15th. Provisional on acceptance of others. Torun will do for other days.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:55pm
just booked in for gdansk for 2 nights. less that 500 places left.... 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
4tothefloor View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4tothefloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:05am
Lads take it from someone who's been to Poland many times both North and South, if the weather is hot in June mark my words you will regret big time not paying the extra tenner to have a two man tent to yourself! I've camped in Gydnia at a music festival and shared a tent with my fairer half. Absolute sweatbox, so I can only imagine what it would be like sharing with a 14 stone farting Irish lad. It could very well rain too because Poland does get a mixed bag of weather, but even then expect humidity and a sticky atmosphere. It certainly won't be cold! Was last in Poland in early June last year on business and clammy wasn't the word. The extra tenner is well worth it. 

Also, for those based in Torun, which I am myself, I'd recommend you get away from the place for 2/3 days around the matches. It's a tourist spot, nice & quaint, has a lovely square surrounded with bars, for an Irish comparison think Killarney maybe, although it's hard to compare. But you will need to get away from the place for at least 2 nights around the matches to get the full Euros experience. You won't get it by staying in Torun and just daytripping to the games. You may also go a little bit insane. The Carlsberg park is well priced as opposed to the extortionate amounts the host city hostels and hotels are looking for, which was to be expected really. For anyone that thinks the fan park is expensive or OTT, enjoy sleeping on the side of the road in Poznan & Gdansk! 
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

Booked in for the 10th-12th but will probably only stay on the night of the match and head back to Torun on the 11th. Anyone else planning on spending the one night and heading back to Torun on the 11th? Will a train back be handy to get?

You still have to pay for whatever you book as far as I can see Doyler
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
manbearpig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manbearpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 12:32pm
I'm only going for ten days with my brothers and some pals as our main holiday of the year so we're planning on living in the carlsberg sites for most of the time as we want to be in the thick of it and will spend most of the time boozed so won't really care where we sleep. The only thing i am worried about is storing valuables when out of the tent, don't want to have to heft a bag around with me at all times.
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:09pm

Has anyone found out where these campsites are located ? I did e-mail them to find out

but still waiting on a reply.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by manbearpig manbearpig wrote:

I'm only going for ten days with my brothers and some pals as our main holiday of the year so we're planning on living in the carlsberg sites for most of the time as we want to be in the thick of it and will spend most of the time boozed so won't really care where we sleep. The only thing i am worried about is storing valuables when out of the tent, don't want to have to heft a bag around with me at all times.

It says on the site that there's both storage for large luggage and then safes for valuables so that shouldn't be a worry...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
manbearpig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manbearpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:20pm
The Gdansk site is in Sopot, a suburb of Gdansk, at the Sopot Hippodrome. It is literally on the railway station and has 24 hour trains running to gdansk which takes 15 minutes. I have no information on the Poznan site as of yet but will let you know when i do!
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:33pm

The Gdansk site is in Sopot, a suburb of Gdansk, at the Sopot Hippodrome. It is literally on the railway station and has 24 hour trains running to gdansk which takes 15 minutes. I have no information on the Poznan site as of yet but will let you know when i do!

Thanks for that , just want to make sure where they are before booking them.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:17pm

I'm guessing they will have it in a suitable place for transport to the ground etc in Poznan....Considering everyone staying there will be intending on going to a game it'd

make no sense to have it way out of town.
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:59pm
The Carslberg Camp is going to have places for campervans as well, they just emailed me back there.

They will be updating the site with the details in the next few weeks.
Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 3:02pm
Signed up there, looks really good and if place for campervans, even better.
4onthefloor, if its too hot, why not just open the door.
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

The Carslberg Camp is going to have places for campervans as well, they just emailed me back there.

They will be updating the site with the details in the next few weeks.
Good stuffClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

It says on the site that there's both storage for large luggage and then safes for valuables so that shouldn't be a worry...

Ya probably another 15/20 quid a night!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:25am
Booked 6 nights game night and night before the games. One man tent all the way it'll be sweaty enough without sharing with some other f**ker

We we're told that the Poznan camp would be right bang in the centre of Poznan - but doubt that, but should be very close all the same. Saves on taxi's and hassle.

Having done a fair few music festivals - I'll be bringing my air bed, great nights kip guaranteed. A foam mat is sh*t.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:03am
I'm thinking this

FRIDAY JUNE 8 - Berlin

SATURDAY JUNE 9: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

SUNDAY JUNE 10: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

MONDAY JUNE 11: Torun

TUESDAY JUNE 12: Torun

WEDNESDAY JUNE 13: Carlsberg Village, Gdansk

THURSDAY JUNE 14: Carlsberg Village, Gdansk

FRIDAY JUNE 15: Torun

SATURDAY JUNE 16: Torun

SUNDAY JUNE 17: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

MONDAY JUNE 18: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

TUESDAY JUNE 19: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:57am
Ger it's a serious amount of trekking around for 10/11 days, wouldn't fancy all that movement myself but each to their own I suppose Thumbs Up

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 7:01am
A very good plan Gerk , sono how long did you stay in the same place when you were backpacking ??????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic