You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anyone ever cancelled a car Insurance policy to simply change their renewal date? My renewal is January as you may have noticed from previous posts, and it falls within a 2 month period where House Insurances and property taxes as well as Xmas all fall. Been thinking of cancelling and starting a new policy around maybe March/April to relieve the pressure around xmas/new year.
Phone your insurance company and advise that you are taking the car off the road, then in March get a new insurance policy. You may have to get a letter from the guards to confirm it was off the road for the period you had no insurance. Your no claims bonus is fine for up to 12 months without insurance but you would lose it if you aren't the main policy holder on a car in that year. 
Car wont be off the road though Its merely just to shuffle payments around.
No insurance company I know of offers something like that as it would be finance/credit and that would be a different financial license that you can't offer with insurance. Even if you went for the monthly insurance payments they have to be paid at the start of the month.
One option could be a 3 month interest free credit card on purchases and pay it off quickly. How much is your insurance? 
I think you’re missing the point of what I was asking, Its not an issue paying it or anything like that. I was simply asking to see if it was an option in order to change the month of rewewal from January to another month later in the year that just sts me better. 
I get you now, I'd confused myself! Insurance has to be paid ahead of the period you are insuring so if it's due in January for the year ahead then it has to be paid in January. If the insurance company allowed you not pay until March then it would be a form of credit/finance for the first two months and insurance can't be paid like that. 
Nah nothing like that, if paying up front was an issue id just go for the DD option anyway.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Fair enough sham,  think both myself and slow and blind are aptly named here 😀😀😀😀
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Nothing stopping you doing it Sham, talked to friend in FBD and he said it happens more than you think, but there could be a cancellation on your original policy, all policies are different so he couldn’t guarantee 

f**kin hell this question went sideways LOL
Excellent, cheers 9f, you can hold your head high as you actually ‘got it’ LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:41am

Fair enough sham,  think both myself and slow and blind are aptly named here 😀😀😀😀

At long last Baldie you say something which all of us think is true one once . Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:44am

Nothing stopping you doing it Sham, talked to friend in FBD and he said it happens more than you think, but there could be a cancellation on your original policy, all policies are different so he couldn’t guarantee 

You can also, talk to you insurance company directly (not a broker afaik) and ask to add 3 months to this years policy, pay them monthly then renew with them for 12 months and you’re new renewal date will be March/April 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:50am

You can also, talk to you insurance company directly (not a broker afaik) and ask to add 3 months to this years policy, pay them monthly then renew with them for 12 months and you’re new renewal date will be March/April 
That could be a slightly simpler way around it alright. Thumbs Up
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:52am
What’s all this about?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What’s all this about?
A man whose car insurance is due, has enough to pay it, but doesn't want to pay it for a few months. Cavan behaviour. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:57am

What’s all this about?

People are so bored with lockdown they have time to discuss moving the annual payment of car insurance.

We’ve done pensions
Self assessment 
DIY

Next up is how to defrost the freezer. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:09am
LOL

On topic, my renewal date is March, got the quote & it’s down by €135Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:15am

LOL

On topic, my renewal date is March, got the quote & it’s down by €135Clap
Thats another thing actually, my insurance always seems to be higher than lads in comparable situation, and Ive been wondering if its down to the time of year of rewewal.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:16am

What’s all this about?
A man whose car insurance is due, has enough to pay it, but doesn't want to pay it for a few months. Cavan behaviour. 
Car Insurance was due and has been paid for in full well in advance you smart arse f**kerLOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What’s all this about?

People are so bored with lockdown they have time to discuss moving the annual payment of car insurance.

We’ve done pensions
Self assessment 
DIY

Next up is how to defrost the freezer. 
I find powering it off to be the best option.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

At long last Baldie you say something which all of us think is true one once . Big smile

Why did you think I picked the name in the first place.  
AKA pedantic kunt
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:57pm
Sham,

This was case with me before I had mine week before Xmas and this was a no go in my book. Rang up insurance company and now mine is due every Feb instead.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Sham,

This was case with me before I had mine week before Xmas and this was a no go in my book. Rang up insurance company and now mine is due every Feb instead.
Grand. Once i know its doable without penalty (as in affect future insurance) ill visit it again around March.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:11pm

Sham,

Grand. Once i know its doable without penalty (as in affect future insurance) ill visit it again around March.
Yeah can be done no bother. You've 2 options: Wait until the renewal and ring your insurance company and ask them how much it is to renew to X date as you want to change the time of year its due & pay whatever it is. 

If they wont do that then you can renew it for 12 months and cancel it during the year and take a policy out elsewhere. You'll get hit with a cancellation fee which can vary in price so check that out beforehand. 

Some people just deserve a slap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Sham,

Yeah can be done no bother. You've 2 options: Wait until the renewal and ring your insurance company and ask them how much it is to renew to X date as you want to change the time of year its due & pay whatever it is. 

If they wont do that then you can renew it for 12 months and cancel it during the year and take a policy out elsewhere. You'll get hit with a cancellation fee which can vary in price so check that out beforehand. 

Good stuff, cheers ladsThumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 01 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic