You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:28am
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

anyone know what happens when someone uninsured hits you. A lady hit my dad tonight her insurance is out since yesterday. Probably will need two new doors and the panel at rear of car. She admitted liability. Claimed she didn’t know insurance was out 🙄 
She's liable to pay regardless of insurance. Send her the bill, time for her to smash open the piggy bank.

And BS about not knowing the insurance being up, the final reminder insurance companies send have to be via registered post so she signed for the reminder letter.

Edited by Shedite - 21 Sep 2020 at 7:28am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

anyone know what happens when someone uninsured hits you. A lady hit my dad tonight her insurance is out since yesterday. Probably will need two new doors and the panel at rear of car. She admitted liability. Claimed she didn’t know insurance was out 🙄 
She's liable to pay regardless of insurance. Send her the bill, time for her to smash open the piggy bank.

And BS about not knowing the insurance being up, the final reminder insurance companies send have to be via registered post so she signed for the reminder letter.
I don't ever recall getting a registered letter for any insurance about to lapse and I pretty much change insurer annually for both car and home. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:27am

I know AXA used to give you a week or so additional cover if you missed your renewal date, don't know if they do or anyone else anymore. Sounds like an honest mistake regarding the insurance being a day out and not someone driving intentionally around uninsured. Anyway there is an umbrella body that all insurance companies pay into that covers people hit by uninsured drivers so they aren't left out of pocket.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:32am

Worked in insurance for a few years and that was never the case.

You'd get final reminders for new policies in terms of chasing documents or payments, but I don't recall any being sent for renewals. Certainly not registered post any way.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:53am

I thought all insurance was auto renewed unless you contact the insurer before it rolled over. Mine definitely does for both home and car. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I thought all insurance was auto renewed unless you contact the insurer before it rolled over. Mine definitely does for both home and car. 

If you pay via monthly direct debit a lot of them will auto renew. If you pay it all in one go it doesn't.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:04am
Wrong on the registered letter, doesn't happen. If it's being cancelled then it's a registered letter alright but not for a renewal

Loads forget about it, believe me. If she went and paid for it today she'd be covered from her renewal date more than likely so could probably still put the claim through the insurance, if she wanted
Some people just deserve a slap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:12am
Been a few years since I've worked in insurance (2015) but thought that was the case for lapses. Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:54pm
cheers lads - her insurance is paying up. The guards on other hand no so impressed - she did it ten feet from parked Garda car.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:57pm

cheers lads - her insurance is paying up. The guards on other hand no so impressed - she did it ten feet from parked Garda car.
Carla4garda?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 1:22pm
Car Insurance renewal (FBD) arrived just now. Almost doubled on last year from €798 to €1375. How the f**k can that be justified? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Car Insurance renewal (FBD) arrived just now. Almost doubled on last year from €798 to €1375. How the f**k can that be justified? 
You've 2 options
1. Be lazy and pay 1375
2. Go to chill.ie and get quotes to see if there is cheaper and pay that

Same thing happening with your Sky, Bord Gais, Phone bill etc while you're at it
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 2:24pm

Hummmm mine went up to €440 a riase of €80 and Mrs Clarets dropped €85

Hey swings and roundabouts .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 2:25pm

They've some neck.
When you consider the lock down too - I would say a lot of people are driving a lot less miles too.

My insurance is about 380e per year.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 2:47pm

You've 2 options
1. Be lazy and pay 1375
2. Go to chill.ie and get quotes to see if there is cheaper and pay that

Same thing happening with your Sky, Bord Gais, Phone bill etc while you're at it
Im well aware of my options and of course I will shop around as I always do for everything. I was merely highlighting the extortionate jump in premium and how it can be justified as I know one or two on here work in the industry.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 3:00pm

It can't. Absolute gouging scumbags. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They've some neck.
When you consider the lock down too - I would say a lot of people are driving a lot less miles too.

How is it that low? Ive never known anyone with Car Insurance that low. You sire you haven’t  just insured the spare wheel? 

Ive loads of time to renewal but just went onto the FBD site for a nosy as my current policy is through AnPost. Same details exactly and they quoted me direct €783. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They've some neck.

How is it that low? Ive never known anyone with Car Insurance that low. You sire you haven’t  just insured the spare wheel? 

Ive loads of time to renewal but just went onto the FBD site for a nosy as my current policy is through AnPost. Same details exactly and they quoted me direct €783. 

I know, it makes no sense.

My previous car which was an 05 lexux with a value of 2k was costing me approx 800e pa.

I then changed car to a newer car 2015 with a value of 16k and the cost went down to approx 400e.

All above board too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>
  Share Topic