You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Just got insured with Axa was 1800, first time on a provisional. Could of gotten it cheaper with the app. 

What size engine was the car max?
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:04pm
Just search them all, use comparison sites and companies own websites, also most banks offer insirance too, check them all. You’d be amazed at the difference in price between comparison sites for the same policies.

Im with FBD since last renewal. Their own site quoted me an outrageous price. Got it through An Post hundreds cheaper.

Dont over value the car, it makes feck all difference to you payout should the need arise. You'll get market at the time of claim/payout. Check price with an additional driver too, its usually cheaper. Have my mother on my policy.

Edited by Sham157 - 06 May 2020 at 3:05pm
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:06pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just search them all, use comparison sites and companies own websites, also most banks offer insirance too, check them all. You’d be amazed at the difference in price between comparison sites for the same policies.

Im with FBD since last renewal. Their own site quoted me an outrageous price. Got it through An Post hundreds cheaper.

Dont over value the car, it makes feck all difference to you payout should the need arise. You'll get market at the time of claim/payout. Check price with an additional driver too, its usually cheaper. Have my mother on my policy.

So if the cars worth €8000.....value it at €7500?also is it better to start off in a newer car 16/17 D of move back to a 13/14D ???
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

So if the cars worth €8000.....value it at €7500?also is it better to start off in a newer car 16/17 D of move back to a 13/14D ???
Used cars will depend on mileage and condition moreso but every car pretty much loses something when you drive it away. If it was me, id go for €7000 but have a look at what they’re getting now online. Dealers generally more expensive. In saying that for a car of that value, the saving in your premium will be minimal enough. Anything less than 10 years old should be grand. Depends how long you want to keep it too. My advice would be get on the road and get your test/full licence ASAP. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:16pm
You could do worse than read this whole thread actually. Fair few tales of actual experiences and a few tips included.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:18pm

Used cars will depend on mileage and condition moreso but every car pretty much loses something when you drive it away. If it was me, id go for €7000 but have a look at what they’re getting now online. Dealers generally more expensive. In saying that for a car of that value, the saving in your premium will be minimal enough. Anything less than 10 years old should be grand. Depends how long you want to keep it too. My advice would be get on the road and get your test/full licence ASAP. 

Cheers sham...yeah basically just have to get pay the money and get on the road...though I’m guessing the driving tests/instructors are gonna be f**ked for awhile.plus a lot of people are gonna be in a bad spot with there provisionals running down with no tests on the horizon.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:29pm
Insurance companies seem to hammer some people (mainly provisional licence holders) on cars 10 years old and more. Just another scam by them. When herself was getting her first policy a few years ago there was a massive difference between a 9 and 10 year old car.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 4:12pm

use the redbook value of car 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 4:38pm
The insurance on newer cars are a lot cheaper for some unknown reason.

Makes no sense.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The insurance on newer cars are a lot cheaper for some unknown reason.

Makes no sense.
Replacing the car is very rarely the main cost in the claim, it's the injuries that cause the big payouts.

Far more reliable and less likely to cause and accident.
Plus the risky young drivers tend to be in the 15 year old car.

Max, go call a broker, or online one, they know exactly what companies are likely to insure your circumstances at the best price. It's one of the most old-fashioned industry like that for some reason
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:21pm
Got a €30 one4all voucher in the post this morning.
It was from my old insurer who I finished with in May

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I reckon they just gave them to everyone who had a policy during lockdown. Was this years quote much cheaper?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I reckon they just gave them to everyone who had a policy during lockdown. Was this years quote much cheaper?

Yeah, changed to Aviva saved me 200 quid, old insurer was the same price

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 4:04pm

Think it was anyone who had a policy as of 31/03/20 got one. Two insurer's didn't issue any rebate or voucher
Some people just deserve a slap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Think it was anyone who had a policy as of 31/03/20 got one. Two insurer's didn't issue any rebate or voucher
Aviva was one of them who didn't do a rebate, said they'd build it into future pricing, so that looks like why their price went down for ya.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:21pm
anyone know what happens when someone uninsured hits you. A lady hit my dad tonight her insurance is out since yesterday. Probably will need two new doors and the panel at rear of car. She admitted liability. Claimed she didn’t know insurance was out 🙄 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:50pm
hope he called the cops to have it logged at least.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
  Share Topic