You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 10:22am
Premiums going up for no apparent reason and nobody driving anywhere 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 11:09am
Got my quote yesterday, gone up by 3 quid, have plenty of time on my hands to shop around

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 1:27pm
American insurers giving money back

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 3:03pm
Did anyone ever get the promotional code for Aviva with their season ticket?
Says on website there is a 10% discount and they are coming in the cheapest for me

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:56pm
For anyone with two cars in a house or not in need of a car, you can defer your insurance premium and declare the car off the road. Saving 120 a month by using only the missus car. Cant go anywhere anyway
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

For anyone with two cars in a house or not in need of a car, you can defer your insurance premium and declare the car off the road. Saving 120 a month by using only the missus car. Cant go anywhere anyway

Do you still get to keep your no claims when you decide to get insurance again? Or if there is a lapse do you lose it?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Do you still get to keep your no claims when you decide to get insurance again? Or if there is a lapse do you lose it?

Your policy doesn't lapse. You pay your premium and then they refund you when you go back on cover once you go over 28 days off cover. You can ring anytime after you go off but they only refund you if you go at least 28 days. Off. They pay a refund from day 1 though 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 10:02pm

NCB valid for 2 years 
Why no wine??!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:05pm
Down €60, happy enough with that 👍
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 2:46pm

Your policy doesn't lapse. You pay your premium and then they refund you when you go back on cover once you go over 28 days off cover. You can ring anytime after you go off but they only refund you if you go at least 28 days. Off. They pay a refund from day 1 though 

any info on elderly citizens premiums been on hold while they can't use the car to drive for a few months? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

any info on elderly citizens premiums been on hold while they can't use the car to drive for a few months? 

Insurance companies won't volunteer this, but anyone can suspend their policy if they are not driving for the foreseeable, any pro rata refund will be issued whenever the policy is reinstated, renewal dates remain the same 
Why no wine??!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 12:10pm
Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Had hoped to get my test passed before insurance renewal was due in May but with everything going on my driving test been cancelled so facing into another year of high insurance payments was around €2400 this year as was on a theory license

Got my renewal quote in today €1700 for the year so it has come down a right bit from last year seeing as I'm still on the provisional license. Hopefully get the test rescheduled quick after they restart them and get another bit knocked off that price
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 11:22pm

Had hoped to get my test passed before insurance renewal was due in May but with everything going on my driving test been cancelled so facing into another year of high insurance payments was around €2400 this year as was on a theory license

Got my renewal quote in today €1700 for the year so it has come down a right bit from last year seeing as I'm still on the provisional license. Hopefully get the test rescheduled quick after they restart them and get another bit knocked off that price
Padraic, You are a Key Worker yes? An Post are the best at the moment, I had my disc stolen, they sent out a new one within 24 hours, changed address recently, didnt charge me, and sent out an indemnity Cert again with no cost, couldnt fault themClap

And yes Hornet, They stole the Disc and not the CarBig smile
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Padraic, You are a Key Worker yes? An Post are the best at the moment, I had my disc stolen, they sent out a new one within 24 hours, changed address recently, didnt charge me, and sent out an indemnity Cert again with no cost, couldnt fault themClap

That's because the disc was worth more than the car LOL 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

That's because the disc was worth more than the car LOL 

Looking foward to your answers tomorrow nightLOL
Tongue

ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:59pm
anyone know the best insurance company for first time drivers on provisionals???
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:00pm
Just got insured with Axa was 1800, first time on a provisional. Could of gotten it cheaper with the app. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
  Share Topic