You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:03am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Despite his few mistakes this season, Becker is an absolute leader and beast and I can't see him being ousted in the next 3 years at least. I think kelleher should stay as the set in stone number 2, league cup and FA Cup keeper at least next season. Last season, dont think he was the firm number 2 and was toss up between he and Adrian. He took his chances and he should now be the absolute number 2 and Cup keeper and if he stays fit should still see a fair amount of games whilst being ready to step in if needed. All the while continuing his football education under one of the best

Yes just to reiterate I don’t think he will directly “usurp” Allison but I don’t see Alisson staying at Liverpool forever. I think 3-5 years more perhaps. Not entirely unlike Henderson/De Gea at United where Henderson looks like he’s going to take the mantle with De Gea leaving. 

Kelleher only for his stomach injury would have played the few games Alisson was missing for with his Dad dying and all that. Around that time Alisson went through a bad patch and it would have been interesting would Klopp have slotted Kelleher in if he was fit for those games. Especially when he rushed Alisson back against City. 

I wouldnt like to compare to Henderson, he's never going to be an elite keeper 
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:59am

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Despite his few mistakes this season, Becker is an absolute leader and beast and I can't see him being ousted in the next 3 years at least. I think kelleher should stay as the set in stone number 2, league cup and FA Cup keeper at least next season. Last season, dont think he was the firm number 2 and was toss up between he and Adrian. He took his chances and he should now be the absolute number 2 and Cup keeper and if he stays fit should still see a fair amount of games whilst being ready to step in if needed. All the while continuing his football education under one of the best

Yes just to reiterate I don’t think he will directly “usurp” Allison but I don’t see Alisson staying at Liverpool forever. I think 3-5 years more perhaps. Not entirely unlike Henderson/De Gea at United where Henderson looks like he’s going to take the mantle with De Gea leaving. 

Kelleher only for his stomach injury would have played the few games Alisson was missing for with his Dad dying and all that. Around that time Alisson went through a bad patch and it would have been interesting would Klopp have slotted Kelleher in if he was fit for those games. Especially when he rushed Alisson back against City. 

I wouldnt like to compare to Henderson, he's never going to be an elite keeper 
He already is in his head.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic