You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 171>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Allison starting tonight and he’s on the bench. Disappointing since it’s a dead rubber. 

Of the three goalkeepers looking to take the ireland number 1 jersey, he's the oldest and the one furthest away from it at the moment.

You're right.  He's so close yet so far. If Alisson got an injury and was ruled out for the rest of the season then the noise would start in March and June about Kelleher, Liverpool keeper, needing to start. As it is, the lack of games is just killing him.

If Allisson got injured for the rest of the season, Liverpool would be buying another goalie. 

Some Liverpool supporters are completely deluded about kelleher. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve like the look of him in the small bits I’ve seen of him. But bazunu is a few years younger than him and looks better than him. Not only that, bazunus attitude is what wins me over. 

It’s easy to sit on the bench for a premier league club. You show more balls going down the leagues to play first team football against seasoned pros for the experience. Kelleher is 22/23?? now. Would want to go out on loan to play or doesn’t deserve to be in contention as Ireland’s number 1
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:27pm

Kelleher is 23 and has 11 senior appearances over 3 years with Liverpool. (Only 3 in the premier league) 2 senior ireland caps

Bazunu is 19 and has 50 senior appearances over 2 years (46 in league 1)
) 10 senior ireland caps.

Travers is 22 and has 29 senior appearances over 4 years (3 premier league, 19 championship, 8 league 1) 3 senior ireland caps.

I'd like to see kelleher go out on loan in January to show what he can do, I feel he's only going to fall further behind the others.

I suspect that bazunu will be in the championship as early as January and Travers will be likely in the premier league next season.

Really great to see such competition for the keeper spot.

To where? Not many clubs look for No.1s half way through a season.

Would likely be going from one bench to another.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:43pm
Lads, he's going nowhere, he's #2 @ one of the biggest clubs in the world behind one of the best keepers in the world. Their #3 keeper is poor. It's not like these lads can just tell the boss they're off and simply head off on loan, klopp wants him at the club. Bazunu is #3 @ City, thus the loan, next year he may be #2 and he'll do what pep tells him.

This simplistic attitude to lads demanding loans from some on here is laughable tbh
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:52pm

Kelleher is 23 and has 11 senior appearances over 3 years with Liverpool. (Only 3 in the premier league) 2 senior ireland caps

Travers is 22 and has 29 senior appearances over 4 years (3 premier league, 19 championship, 8 league 1) 3 senior ireland caps.

I'd like to see kelleher go out on loan in January to show what he can do, I feel he's only going to fall further behind the others.

I suspect that bazunu will be in the championship as early as January and Travers will be likely in the premier league next season.

The only place Baz might go in January is to City's bench, why would they move him elsewhere when he's doing well and playing regularly.
Idah Dream!
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:55pm

Travers plays every week. No sign of him playing for Ireland. And people think that's what Kelleher must do?

Alisson has to compete with Ederson to play for Brazil. Playing every week for Liverpool doesn't guarantee him anything for his country. 

Bazunu is as far down the pecking order at City as Karius is at Liverpool. Atm we're playing the man at the lowest level of football, who Azerbaijan Andorra and Luxembourg, as well as Qatar, have all found a way past in this campaign. Nobody has found a way past Kelleher for Ireland. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Allison starting tonight and he’s on the bench. Disappointing since it’s a dead rubber. 

Of the three goalkeepers looking to take the ireland number 1 jersey, he's the oldest and the one furthest away from it at the moment.

You're right.  He's so close yet so far. If Alisson got an injury and was ruled out for the rest of the season then the noise would start in March and June about Kelleher, Liverpool keeper, needing to start. As it is, the lack of games is just killing him.

If Allisson got injured for the rest of the season, Liverpool would be buying another goalie. 

Some Liverpool supporters are completely deluded about kelleher. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve like the look of him in the small bits I’ve seen of him. But bazunu is a few years younger than him and looks better than him. Not only that, bazunus attitude is what wins me over. 

It’s easy to sit on the bench for a premier league club. You show more balls going down the leagues to play first team football against seasoned pros for the experience. Kelleher is 22/23?? now. Would want to go out on loan to play or doesn’t deserve to be in contention as Ireland’s number 1
Deluded if you think klopp would go out and buy a new keeper, he's clearly genuine in his admiration of Kelleher. You clearly aren't a lfc fan and haven't been watching how klopp operates! Excellent keeper and let's not forget Baz may still have to serve time as a #2 yet or are you advocating a permanent move to the pompey!
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Travers plays every week. No sign of him playing for Ireland. And people think that's what Kelleher must do?

Alisson has to compete with Ederson to play for Brazil. Playing every week for Liverpool doesn't guarantee him anything for his country. 

Bazunu is as far down the pecking order at City as Karius is at Liverpool. Atm we're playing the man at the lowest level of football, who Azerbaijan Andorra and Luxembourg, as well as Qatar, have all found a way past in this campaign. Nobody has found a way past Kelleher for Ireland. 

I'd be surprised if Kelleher has faced more than 3 shots on target in his senior Ireland career.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:09pm

Here we go again LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:19pm
LOL have a night off FFS Planning 

Travers had his chance and f**ked up badly in Serbia. Bazunu got his chance and took it with brilliant performances throughout the campaign
Take the blinkers off 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 24 Nov 2021 at 11:21pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'd be surprised if Kelleher has faced more than 3 shots on target in his senior Ireland career.

Well be surprised then, because he has. And he's kept them all out. 

Travers had to face 3 shots on target in his Ireland career. All 3 ended up in the net and we lost. That was the end of him playing for Ireland. Playing week in and out hasn't made any difference. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:38pm
Could we have Shane Long to lead the line please?
He doesn’t play week in week out at club level which is a massive advantage Planning is telling us here 
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:24am

This is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever ready. What must Kelleher do? He must play professional senior football. That's what he must do.

Who cares where Bazunu is in the City pecking order? He's playing every week for Portsmouth and developing. Kelleher doesn't get a prize for being on the bench tonight next to Adrian. Travers got his chance and it didn't go well. He's playing every week and it's unfortunate for him that Bazunu took his chance and shone.

Bazunu's performances have been nothing short of phenomenal for Ireland. Like, genuine superstar level. This nonsense about nobody finding a way past Kelleher. He got a half against Hungary, where Bazunu also kept a clean sheet in his half and literally didn't have to make a save against Qatar.

I don't know why people have to have bias for players because they play for one English football club over another. Kelleher is 23 and has played 13 professional senior matches. He might be good but nobody knows. Bazunu is the undisputed #1 now and has earned that right. 

Competition is great, I hope Bazunu, Kelleher and Travers all develop into superstars because I love seeing Irish players do well.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:04am
Deluded if you think klopp would go out and buy a new keeper, he's clearly genuine in his admiration of Kelleher. You clearly aren't a lfc fan and haven't been watching how klopp operates! Excellent keeper and let's not forget Baz may still have to serve time as a #2 yet or are you advocating a permanent move to the pompey!
[/QUOTE]

I don't care who he plays with once he's playing week in, week out. He'll hopefully have over a couple of hundred first team appearances by the time he's 22/23. Kelleher has just over 10 first team appearances? Not good enough 

At that age bazunu would have earned his stripes and would've had akot of first team experience, so no harm spending a year or two fighting for the city number 1 jersey.  If it doesn't work out, he should go elsewhere for first team football again, whether it's on loan or permanent.

For the record, I hope our 3 young keepers make it long term, regardless of the route they take to get there. I just think they need to be playing regular first team football to develop into the goalies we hope they'll be 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:06am
What’s gonna happen next season when both Kelleher and Bazunu will be sitting on the benches at Liverpool and City? 
Klopp won’t be buying a new 2nd choice keeper and Zach Steffen is gonna force a move from City to keep his World Cup place with the US.
Going by everyone’s logic, I assume, therefore Travers will have to start for the national team as he”ll probably be the only keeper with regular game time.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:21am
At that point Bazunu would be 20 and would have 70 or 80 first team starts already behind him from the previous two seasons, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if he was a bench option at City next season.

The more likely outcome next year though is that Bazunu goes on loan to the Championship, Bournemouth go up and buy a new keeper, keeping Travers on the bench and Kelleher continues to do SFA at Liverpool.

As things stand it's Bazunu's jersey to lose for the foreseeable and he doesn't look like losing it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:30am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

At that point Bazunu would be 20 and would have 70 or 80 first team starts already behind him from the previous two seasons, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if he was a bench option at City next season.

The more likely outcome next year though is that Bazunu goes on loan to the Championship, Bournemouth go up and buy a new keeper, keeping Travers on the bench and Kelleher continues to do SFA at Liverpool.

As things stand it's Bazunu's jersey to lose for the foreseeable and he doesn't look like losing it.
Would agree with this 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:31am

First off I was dissapointed not to see Kelleher get a run last night and would be very dissapointed if he didn't get one in the last game to boot. 

He is in a rock and a hard place as in a way no Ireland player is in a better position. Alisson gets an injury and he's playing every week for one of the top teams on the planet. On the other hand his lack of gametime is an issue especially as he hasn't had a loan of any description. 

I don't think Travers will be replaced by a signing if Bournemouth go up btw. Playing very well this year his stats are up their with any keeper in the Championship. That they signed Nyland a good keeper with experience as back up in case Travers had a nightmare spell thrown into the firing line is a real positive that he's the long term No.1 there if he continues to improve on what he's doing. Think Bournemouth would be prioritizing defenders myself. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:35am

I'd agree with that. Though my preference woukd ve to see him on loan for another couple of years until he can realistically fight for number 1 shirt at City.

The more first team starts he has behind him before then the better.

There's no way a young lad who plays less than 10 first team matches a year should be in contention to be our nunber 1. Woukd be a different story if he had a couple of hundred first team matches behind him, but he's only just over 10 first team matches in total at present LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 171>
  Share Topic