Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 170>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 10:21am
I'm not having a dig at Kelleher, there is no doubt that Klopp rates him highly and hopefully he gets a few opportunities over the course of the year (which I think he will).

But for me Bazunu is Ireland's number one on merit and I don't see that changing any time soon.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:19am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

At Bazunu's age, Kelleher wasn't even ahead of Adrian at times over the last few seasons. 

But that's irrelevant to where the both are now. One is playing games week in, week out. The other isn't, regardless of the level.

Think it’s worth pointing out Adrian was comfortably ahead of Randolph at West Ham. While he has been a disaster at Liverpool, that highlights the pressure of playing for a club of that magnitude and further enhances kellehers potential 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:04am
Adrian was exposed after a run of games. Kelleher has never had that run of games to suffer similar.

As someone said above, in order to praise one, we don't have to criticize the other. Both are excellent keepers with great potential. However, it's merit that separates them at the moment, and that lies in Bazunu's favour.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:08am
Are we all going to just ignore the fact Kelleher is third choice keeper at Liverpool and Adrian started ahead of him at weekend?
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:09am
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Are we all going to just ignore the fact Kelleher is third choice keeper at Liverpool and Adrian started ahead of him at weekend?

Probably not because that didn’t happen.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Probably not because that didn’t happen.
Handshake
It's not me it's you:-)
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:12am
ok got that one wrong....alisson snuck back in...still hope he gets a game at some point over next few months, he's nearly 23.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:38am
Kelleher will play next week in the EFL Cup vs Norwich
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:59am
If he was third choice they'd have sent him out on loan. Might have been better for him long term in some ways. The fact he was kept means he almost certainly remains second choice but I suppose we won't find out for definite until Allison misses a game.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:18am
Klopp has been pretty unequivocal about this - Kelleher is the #2 goalkeeper at Liverpool!
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:13pm
Plays tomorrow night all going well. Latest chapter in the battle of the promising young Irish keepers! Looking forward to seeing him in action I must say. 
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Plays tomorrow night all going well. Latest chapter in the battle of the promising young Irish keepers! Looking forward to seeing him in action I must say. 

Probably facing Idah... as a Corkman what do I want there, goals or a cleansheet?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:58pm
Goals, but Idah didn't even start the last league cup game.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Can't keep picking Idah if other strikers are getting games elsewhere 

I
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Can't keep picking Idah if other strikers are getting games elsewhere 

I

My only disagreement with that would be who do we have that can play the way Idah does for the senior team.

But he really needs to be starting games. The lads turning 21 this season but seems like Farke still has the kids gloves on with him in his development.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:30pm
Kelleher has saved a peno.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 8:30pm
sweeping up well.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:47pm
Did everything asked of him really. A cup run would be great for him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 170>
  Share Topic