You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 171>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Despite his few mistakes this season, Becker is an absolute leader and beast and I can't see him being ousted in the next 3 years at least. I think kelleher should stay as the set in stone number 2, league cup and FA Cup keeper at least next season. Last season, dont think he was the firm number 2 and was toss up between he and Adrian. He took his chances and he should now be the absolute number 2 and Cup keeper and if he stays fit should still see a fair amount of games whilst being ready to step in if needed. All the while continuing his football education under one of the best

Yes just to reiterate I don’t think he will directly “usurp” Allison but I don’t see Alisson staying at Liverpool forever. I think 3-5 years more perhaps. Not entirely unlike Henderson/De Gea at United where Henderson looks like he’s going to take the mantle with De Gea leaving. 

Kelleher only for his stomach injury would have played the few games Alisson was missing for with his Dad dying and all that. Around that time Alisson went through a bad patch and it would have been interesting would Klopp have slotted Kelleher in if he was fit for those games. Especially when he rushed Alisson back against City. 

I wouldnt like to compare to Henderson, he's never going to be an elite keeper 
He already is in his head.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 12:11pm
CK has signed a new long term term contract with Liverpool.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 12:44pm
And it seems like he won't be loaned out next season. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 12:50pm
I cant help but repeat that watching Danny Ward in goal for Wales at the Euros has confirmed to me that bench-warming at a good club is no impediment to development or good goalkeeping. As has been said, if he gets a run in various cup competitions, league matches where Alisson might be absent, and even some Champions League, he will continue to develop. He could potentially end up playing as often as Randolph.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I cant help but repeat that watching Danny Ward in goal for Wales at the Euros has confirmed to me that bench-warming at a good club is no impediment to development or good goalkeeping. As has been said, if he gets a run in various cup competitions, league matches where Alisson might be absent, and even some Champions League, he will continue to develop. He could potentially end up playing as often as Randolph.

No it’s not for goalkeepers if they are training at the level he’s doing so. Goalkeepers have all the time in the world to develop. Most goalkeepers only start hitting their peak in the late 20s.

This is it especially the fact Alisson is slightly injury/accident prone if he’s No.2 he may find himself playing plenty League games or CL games on top of Cup games. 

Ward Olsen with Sweden too it almost as if this “he has to be playing on loan at a League 1 club to be No.1” is absolute rubbish. That’s not a dig at Bazunu btw who id actually prefer to see go on loan to a League 1 club next season again. He’s only 19 and won’t be 2nd choice at City hence he’s best served doing that. 

Kelleher is 2nd choice it’s a different situation. 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:29pm

Maybe but I think he should insist on getting League Cup games if he doesn't go on loan. He also needs to be sure he is No 2 and not No 3 in the pecking order.
It's not me it's you:-)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Maybe but I think he should insist on getting League Cup games if he doesn't go on loan. He also needs to be sure he is No 2 and not No 3 in the pecking order.
Yes, I'm sure any manager will react well to any player insisting on playing!
He'll secure his place as number 2 by playing well when he gets a chance. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I suspect there will be no insisting, but the likelihood is there is representations from management that he will see game time, or at least he is on track for it, and that he is part of longer term plans. The truth is, it will only be as Alisson is either headhunted by another club, or injury/form impacts him, that Kelleher breaks in on a more consistent basis. Having said that, I think staying at Liverpool and playing matches here and there sets him up for a better move, should he leave, than a year at a Championship club.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:16pm
When I saw all these messages in here I thought someone had gotten a measuring tape to confirm his height. Very disappointing.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 5:14pm
would’ve much preferred him to go out on loan and get consistent first team experience - not in and out of team.

But shows serious faith from Liverpool with a 5 year contract 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

would’ve much preferred him to go out on loan and get consistent first team experience - not in and out of team.

But shows serious faith from Liverpool with a 5 year contract 

A year or two as 2nd choice at Liverpool 10-15 games a season hopefully and he will undoubtedly be loaned out to a club to play regular football. That season or two impressing as an established 2nd choice on his CV would allow him to go on loan/leave to a decent club be it on England or on the continent. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 7:51pm
Yeah couple of years learning off Allison and to build himself up and he could be world class, still think hes a bit skinny to be top level but something that can be worked on.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 24 Jun 2021 at 7:52pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm
In normal circumstances, I'd be complaining that the lad needs to get out and get games and make mistakes to really improve. But, he seems to have come on a lot even in the last couple of years on the Liverpool bench. He was much better in 20/21 than he was in 19/20 for Liverpool, much better and the stats would bear that out. My point is that he seems to be doing quite alright training with Alisson and at Liverpool.

One concern is the impact on the Ireland squad. I don't have much concern for his long term development but it would be more assuring if for us and in the short term he were playing every week at a top tier side in Europe or a good Championship side because that would surely be the calibre looking to loan him if he were available. Lower half Bundesliga or a decent Belgian or Dutch side would snap their hands off, surely. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

In normal circumstances, I'd be complaining that the lad needs to get out and get games and make mistakes to really improve. But, he seems to have come on a lot even in the last couple of years on the Liverpool bench. He was much better in 20/21 than he was in 19/20 for Liverpool, much better and the stats would bear that out. My point is that he seems to be doing quite alright training with Alisson and at Liverpool.

One concern is the impact on the Ireland squad. I don't have much concern for his long term development but it would be more assuring if for us and in the short term he were playing every week at a top tier side in Europe or a good Championship side because that would surely be the calibre looking to loan him if he were available. Lower half Bundesliga or a decent Belgian or Dutch side would snap their hands off, surely. 

The dream would have been Liverpool dropped to the Europa League and not make that comeback. He would have gotten those games then your looking at 8-10 games this side of Xmas alone for him. 

However it doesn’t matter as much for a keeper and only in Ireland could we say a young keeper who’s come up to being 2nd choice at one of the top clubs in Europe behind one of the top 3/4 goalkeepers in the World is an issue as regards playing for us.

Sweden and Wales have no issue with Olsen and Ward being 2nd choice at Everton and Leicester two less high profile clubs. If we had a keeper first choice at a PL club fair enough but we don’t. 

Flip side is he stays for another year or two impresses in his appearances as 2nd choice and it would allow him to get a decent loan move to a higher standard then bottom half Bundesliga even. 

Edited by kevin100 - 25 Jun 2021 at 12:11pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 12:23pm
We have a bit of a goalkeeper arms race at the moment (pun intended)

4 keepers pushing for the no1 jersey.

As of today I would say the order looks like the below but can change drastically after just a few games at clubs.

1. Randolph - Premier League number 2. If he plays games for West Ham he'll stay number 1. If not, another player could leapfrog him.

2. Bazunu - if he doesn't get a loan and play first team football he'll lose his place as number 2. If he does play and randolph doesn't, he'll be the number 1.

3. Kelleher - looks to be staying at Liverpool as number 2.
, if he gets any sort of run of games for Liverpool he'll jump 2 places to the number 1 choice.

4. Travers - if he gets a loan move or becomes number 1 at Bournemouth and the others don't play regularly then he'll jump to number 1. Outside chance at the moment.

All in all its Randolphs shirt to lose and there are a few that will be looking to take his place.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

As of today I would say the order looks like the below but can change drastically after just a few games at clubs.

1. Randolph - Premier League number 2. If he plays games for West Ham he'll stay number 1. If not, another player could leapfrog him.

2. Bazunu - if he doesn't get a loan and play first team football he'll lose his place as number 2. If he does play and randolph doesn't, he'll be the number 1.

, if he gets any sort of run of games for Liverpool he'll jump 2 places to the number 1 choice.

4. Travers - if he gets a loan move or becomes number 1 at Bournemouth and the others don't play regularly then he'll jump to number 1. Outside chance at the moment.

All in all its Randolphs shirt to lose and there are a few that will be looking to take his place.

I think Bazuna is Kenny's number one now. Assuming he gets a loan move in next few weeks and is number one at club level, then he'll start against Portugal.

Barring a Lazarus like recovery our World Cup is over. With Kenny putting his rational head on he surely must be thinking let's give the younger goalkeepers the badly needed experience in a relatively risk free situation.

Coupled with the possibility that this world.Cup campaign would be Randolph's last for Ireland. Yes he's not over the hill age wise as far as a goalkeeper goes, but given the quality we have coming up behind him it  makes logical sense to blood them as much as possible.

A 37 year old Randolph won't be going to Euro 2024 should we qualify. His move to West ham shows he is a pragmatic head on his shoulders. I don't think it will be any different at international level.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I think Bazuna is Kenny's number one now. Assuming he gets a loan move in next few weeks and is number one at club level, then he'll start against Portugal.

Barring a Lazarus like recovery our World Cup is over. With Kenny putting his rational head on he surely must be thinking let's give the younger goalkeepers the badly needed experience in a relatively risk free situation.

Coupled with the possibility that this world.Cup campaign would be Randolph's last for Ireland. Yes he's not over the hill age wise as far as a goalkeeper goes, but given the quality we have coming up behind him it  makes logical sense to blood them as much as possible.

A 37 year old Randolph won't be going to Euro 2024 should we qualify. His move to West ham shows he is a pragmatic head on his shoulders. I don't think it will be any different at international level.

Completely agree. We need to start getting some decent exposure for our promising younger players and unfortunately for him that means Rando taking a back seat role from now on. Bazunu has done nothing to suggest he should be dropped and there's a decent chance he'll be the only one of our three best keepers playing regular club football again next season. I'll be fairly disappointed if SK reverts back to Randolph for the Portugal game.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

My own thinking is Bazunu and Kelleher need to be giving the keys to the office indeed. For sure have Randolph in the squad when fit but context our World Cup is over we have 3 very good young talents the two mentioned in particular are far better suited to the style the manager wants to play compared to Randolph. 

Randolph I recall saying it a good few months back Bazunu only starting out, before Kelleher had made his CL debut that with the 3 young lads in behind him he wouldn’t be worried about the future of Irish goalkeeping it’s only a question of when they take the mantle off him. Even he knew from training with them the quality he was with in hindsight.

Travers I still think has at least as high if not a higher ceiling then Randolph had but got stage fright against Serbia. If Bournemouth are keeping Begovic they really should loan him out for a full season to get games in League 1.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 171>
  Share Topic