You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 173>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Caught flat footed for the 1st goal which forced him to scramble and lead out with his wrong hand.
I’d blame Collins for the 2nd goal. Why is he standing 3 yards behind the rest of the defence when the ball is partially cleared? Can’t blame Kelleher for a teammate obstructing his view and sticking a leg out. Leaves Kelleher with no chance to re-act.

Agree with most of that.  Re Collins, while I wouldn't say he was to blame he didn't help. In fact I'm glad someone pointed out his positioning as he did the exact same for the great chance Latvia blew over on 46 mins. As the cross came in he was close to the eventual shooter. But as the ball was about to knocked down to that shooter, rather than getting tighter, he made a bizarre run back to his goal and ended up about 3 metres in front of Kelleher both leaving the shooter unmarked and Kelleher with no clear view. It made no sense as movement.

To be fair when Collins moments later gave a bad ball away I posted that he was playing badly. From then on though he was excellent. But this dropping back behind his fellow defenders and in front of the keeper needs to be cut out.
Sponsored Links

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:23am
Very poor for the first, could do nothing with the deflection for the second
Could think of worse moves than to Celtic, guaranteed game time once Hart goes, which will likely be this season
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:29am
He saves the 2nd goal into the net. It wasn't a deflection that you can do nothing about. The 1st is unstoppable. Even if you had two goalkeepers.

Bazunu would be hammered for conceding the 2nd.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

He saves the 2nd goal into the net. It wasn't a deflection that you can do nothing about. The 1st is unstoppable. Even if you had two goalkeepers.

Bazunu would be hammered for conceding the 2nd.

Bazunu would be hammered for conceding both by those who favour Kelleher the same way Kelleher is being hammered for conceding both by those who prefer Bazunu. As someone said before, it's like Blur v Oasis in this forum!

I think both keepers would have conceded both goals. Two great prospects but both far from the finished product as CK showed last night and GB as shown for much of the season (though both have had fine moments too).
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:16am
As a former GK myself, he seems to have caught somehow for the first. like he was going one way and had to get back. I didn't make it last night so. I only saw the highlights but honestly he should have saved it even tho it was a fantastic effort. The second was beyond his expectations. 

How come gig gav wasnt put in instead? He's been fantastic lately. MOM against united last week too.
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:16am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I do not know how people can fault Kelleher with the first goal. 

If it wasn't such a good hit and didn't go into the corner, he still wasn't saving it based on his attempt. He was all over the place scrambling to the other side of the goal. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

If it wasn't such a good hit and didn't go into the corner, he still wasn't saving it based on his attempt. He was all over the place scrambling to the other side of the goal. 
My thoughts too, it was an absolute rocket and realistically he shouldn't be expected to save it, but his feet looked all over the place. He barely left the ground in his attempt to save it because he was caught off guard completely. I suppose he just didn't expect the fella to send one flying into the top corner from there LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:28am
No keeper in the world saves that shot.

Uldrikis is not marked or closed down and we allow him to get his shot on. 

This keeps happening. The opposition keep scoring these goals from outside the box.  It must be 6 or 7 goals now and it's not being addressed. Latvia, Luxembourg, Armenia. All these minnows scoring the same type of goal.

When the shot is struck, we have 3 inactive Ireland players doing nothing.

This is basic defending and it's something that Kenny is ignoring.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:44am

This keeps happening. The opposition keep scoring these goals from outside the box.  It must be 6 or 7 goals now and it's not being addressed. Latvia, Luxembourg, Armenia. All these minnows scoring the same type of goal.

When the shot is struck, we have 3 inactive Ireland players doing nothing.

This is basic defending and it's something that Kenny is ignoring.

Is Kenny ignoring it though or are the players letting him down. I cant imagine Kenny says to his holding midfielder, "eh Jayson, dont close the ball down on the edge of the box!" Look, it's a concern, but it was a rusty inexperienced back line last night and Molumby was playing the Cullen role for perhaps the first time. Let's wait and see how the first team get on vs France before drawing conclusions.
Idah Dream!
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:46am

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. 

It can be a brilliant unstoppable shot and also bad goalkeeping. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:54am
We are conceding the same goal over and over again, because the opposition know they will be given a lot of space in this area of the pitch. Technically, it's an excellent strike.

As I said in another thread, Kenny was asked about this in a presser some time ago and was not going to address it. He dismissed it, but it does need to be addressed. (When Cullen was playing we still conceded these goals. It's not a player issue. )

We have shown time and time again that we are defensively unorganised and concede cheap goals.

We conceded 2 goals against Latvia, Norway and Armenia. All cheap goals against 'weaker' opposition. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:14pm
thought he could have done better for both. 

seemed to be badly set up for the first and barely got off the ground. might not have saved it but with the power of the shot any touch on the gloves would have knocked it wide. he wasn't anywhere close.

second goal, a bit of a deflection but he got his hands to it and still let it in.

looks like a keeper short on game time
It's not me it's you:-)
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:21pm
the first goal is a great goal but he dives under the ball, doesn't get any height on his dive, makes it look a lot worse
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:25pm
Can’t believe lads are blaming him for the first goal, I was right behind the net it was an unbelievable strike, initially I thought it was going wide! keeper didn’t have a chance.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:30pm
Would have been a hard save for any keeper but his feet were wrong for me and he was very low, I dont think it was even in the very top corner.

Second goal ok took a deflection but I think he will be disappointed. 

Really needs to get more game time at club level so we can see how good he really is 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

I've seen it all now LOL It was that good a strike though, that's the point

Edited by The O'Shea - 23 Mar 2023 at 12:50pm
We're decent enough..
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:36pm

The midfield and defense need to close this down and prevent the shot from being taken, this keeps happening and this question was put to Kenny before in a presser and he said it was not a concern that he is going to address.

Nobody is faulting him for the goal, he's being faulted for his hammy attempt at positioning and getting flat footed. It likely would have went past him anyway but thats not the issue
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:37pm
Re-watching the goals and I'm really not sure how people can point to Kelleher as the issue. At very least, if they are classified as mistakes, I would compare them with the two goals conceded against Armenia, and call it even. The defence was a mess for the second goal, up to and including the point where two players went for the same ball, and the deflection made it even harder. The first goal was class, and at speed. Unless he was starting from that post, where there was no reason for him to be, there is little reason to point fingers at him. Essentially, if M'bappe scored the same goal on Monday, chances are we'd be besotted by his still and talent, rather than focussing on goalkeeping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 173>
  Share Topic