You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Can't drink I use to"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 8:32am
Can't drink cheap larger or any cider anymore. Wrecks the stomach
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 8:42am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

That Bratislava/Prague double header in 2007 damn near killed me..........

+1. After drinking all day in Bratislava (and I really dont know what part of the brain was functioning to come up with this) we found ourselves in a nightclub at 2am, and realised everybody in Brat would be on the infamous cattle train at 12 (or whatever time), so in a drink inspired moment of clarity, decided to get the one at 6 am instead. Back to hostel, grabbed bags, and off to Prague with us. No sleep on train. Checked in, out for something to eat, met a few lads as ya do, went back on the beer. Stayed going til about midnight, back to hotel, could not sleep, even though I had been awake for 60 something straight hours. Up and out next day (might have been match day, at this stage I could not tell) before eventually getting a few hours kip some 3 days later. Never felt as bad in me life.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 9:29am
I can still drink as much as I used to (29 now) and do the sessions. It not the sessions though its the aftermath that kills me. 3 day weekend session and i'd nearly have to take a week off now. Can't enjoy the sessions properly when i'm on them now because its in the back of my mind when I do stop that there will be HELL to pay!! Also when I was younger the hangover was only a physical hangover. These days not only do you get the physical hangover but whats even worse is the emotional/physcological hangover. After six days and nights on the sauce for the slovakia trip I was a broken man, physically and emotionally(financiallly also). Fit to fall into my mothers arms and breakdown when I got home!!! 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by boywonder boywonder wrote:

I can still drink as much as I used to (29 now) and do the sessions. It not the sessions though its the aftermath that kills me. 3 day weekend session and i'd nearly have to take a week off now. Can't enjoy the sessions properly when i'm on them now because its in the back of my mind when I do stop that there will be HELL to pay!! Also when I was younger the hangover was only a physical hangover. These days not only do you get the physical hangover but whats even worse is the emotional/physcological hangover. After six days and nights on the sauce for the slovakia trip I was a broken man, physically and emotionally(financiallly also). Fit to fall into my mothers arms and breakdown when I got home!!! 

around the same age and I know exactly what your talkin about.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

+1

The fear and anxiety after a heavy session is a killer.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 11:21am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

+1

I have never experienced this thank God. If I did, going by the way people describe it, I think Id nearly give up the drink
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 11:46am

+1

And the older you get the worse this experience is. Eventually you have to accept that it's your body giving your mind a severe rollicking for what you've put it through, so much so that you have to stop doing it eventually.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

+1

I have never experienced this thank God. If I did, going by the way people describe it, I think Id nearly give up the drink

Yeah you will be saying that while the Fear is playing f**k with you and then around wednesday u cant wait for the weekend againSmile.
Lurleen Lumpkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurleen Lumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 3:01pm

+1

Yeah you will be saying that while the Fear is playing f**k with you and then around wednesday u cant wait for the weekend againSmile.

Never get "The Fear" but suffer something terrible from "The Drink Depressions" for 2 days after a big session. Along the lines of "What is the point of my life" "I've achieved feck all in nearly 30 years" Ad Infinatum. Hate it! Thumbs Down Then I wake up the following morning and I'm a happy little soul once more!Big smile
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Lurleen Lumpkin Lurleen Lumpkin wrote:

+1

Never get "The Fear" but suffer something terrible from "The Drink Depressions" for 2 days after a big session. Along the lines of "What is the point of my life" "I've achieved feck all in nearly 30 years" Ad Infinatum. Hate it! Thumbs Down Then I wake up the following morning and I'm a happy little soul once more!Big smile

the fear,drink depressions,DT's all much the same thing.Sounds bad Lurleen ,never had that.the worst thing is when you cant sleep for a night or 2.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:37pm
I'm a drinkin right nowwwwwwwww
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Lurleen Lumpkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurleen Lumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by Lurleen Lumpkin Lurleen Lumpkin wrote:

+1

the fear,drink depressions,DT's all much the same thing.Sounds bad Lurleen ,never had that.the worst thing is when you cant sleep for a night or 2.

Not bad enough to make me get sense!! LOLLOLLOL
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 4:43pm
The fear is fookin awful, Only start getting it the past 3 or 4 years, there was a time when I literally went on the piss Thursday til Sunday most weeks not a bother whereas these days 2 nights in a row is even a bit too much of an ask
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 7:26pm

The fear + you are due in to work = Panic attack

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 7:33pm
Had about 8 pints last night and can't remember comin home:( joke at this stage:(
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gem View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'm not that old and this is a regular Sunday night occurance, do I just have alot to look forward to?
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 9:00pm
Seriously odd stuff regarding the "fear" and all that sh*te. You drink, you get drunk, you wake up, your hungover, that's it   
This time next year........
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Every f**kin Sunday Andy.
Here's Christys take on it.........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic