Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can Spurs win the League???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Redknapps talking in the press today like Spurs have it won

Link ...or are you just talking through your hole ?

There is no way harry is suggesting Spurs have won it

says he's glad spurs didn't spend like chelsea and city to get their success

kind of comment youd make in May when theres a trophy in the cabinet IMO
Sponsored Links

yellow View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:30pm
Can't see Spurs keeping up their current form for the rest of the season. It has to be agreed that both Manchester clubs are not playing at 100% while spurs are playing at their max level.

It will be interesting to see if any bids come in for Modric in the next few weeks. He's a gem of a player. While Spurs do have a "strong" starting 11 you have to look at their squad. I also think it's bad new for Spurs that Michael Dawson is back from injury. He's a hoofer. (a poor mans Tony Adams).

In my opinion spurs have about a 10% chance of winning the league. They do have a tougher second half of the season than any of the other top 6 as well.

It's all good for the premiership and although Harry would talk down his chances (like Sir Alex) he'll be more than happy with a top 4 finish
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:35pm
It'll prob be like Arsenal last season, where Chelsea will nip in ahead of them - hope I'm very wrong
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by yellow yellow wrote:

Can't see Spurs keeping up their current form for the rest of the season. It has to be agreed that both Manchester clubs are not playing at 100% while spurs are playing at their max level.

It will be interesting to see if any bids come in for Modric in the next few weeks. He's a gem of a player. While Spurs do have a "strong" starting 11 you have to look at their squad. I also think it's bad new for Spurs that Michael Dawson is back from injury. He's a hoofer. (a poor mans Tony Adams).

In my opinion spurs have about a 10% chance of winning the league. They do have a tougher second half of the season than any of the other top 6 as well.

It's all good for the premiership and although Harry would talk down his chances (like Sir Alex) he'll be more than happy with a top 4 finish

I beg to differ on Dawson , thought he was excellent against Everton ...especially for a man who has been out for 4 months ...also think the squad is strong with players on the bench like Livermore (excellent the last night too) Sandro, Defoe, Nico etc ...we have depth ...i think....take a look at some of the other benches for comparison
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:53pm
Testing time for Spurs over the next few weeks.
Keeping the core players fit is crucial.

Sunday, 22 January 2012
Barclays Premier League
Man City v Tottenham, 13:30

Tuesday, 31 January 2012
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Wigan, 19:45

Monday, 6 February 2012
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Tottenham, 20:00

Saturday, 11 February 2012
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Newcastle, 17:30

Sunday, 26 February 2012
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Tottenham, 13:30

Saturday, 3 March 2012
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Man Utd, 15:00
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
yellow View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Originally posted by yellow yellow wrote:

I beg to differ on Dawson , thought he was excellent against Everton ...especially for a man who has been out for 4 months ...also think the squad is strong with players on the bench like Livermore (excellent the last night too) Sandro, Defoe, Nico etc ...we have depth ...i think....take a look at some of the other benches for comparison

We'll beg to differ mate. Don't think you'll win a league with Michael Dawson in your starting 11. Although an excellent professional, all-round nice-guy his lack of England caps would back up my theory. Could you see him being signed be a Chelsea, United or a City? He does have good games but he is liable to making mistakes.

Livermore is another player who won't cut it at the top level. Defoe blows hot and cold. He is a good player but if spurs were to sign a "world class" striker he would make way. He gets a brace during 1 month ever year and that's him for the season.

Sandro is a excellent player and I would have him in any team. Players like Pieenar, Nico, Santos would be shipped out if good bids came in. 

While city have players like Dzeko, De Jong, Ballotelli often warming the bench I feel that they have that little bit more than Spurs.

I wonder if city will cancel the loan deal of Adebayor if Spurs are running them close with a month to go.

Just my 2 cents

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:55pm
Good side with some quality players. But will not be able to last the course. With VDV, Modric and Bale they have a truly fantastic midfield. Adebayor up front definitely what they needed. And they have a solid enough defence too.

But not enough debth in the squad. And there will be injuries/suspensions/players they can't hold on to etc.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 1:02pm
Without doubt spurs can win the league! Big smile  Clap
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:25pm
If it wasnt for Kyle Walker being there and to an extent Van Der Vaart these wans would be up there with Manure, Scousers, W.Sham, Fowls, Inter, Lazio, Barca and Forest in my list of most hated clubs but they arent far off that list the cheating scum(18 years ago roughly should jog the memory for the reasons) and hope the sooner they fail to finish top 4 the better as there's no way Levy can keep the club afloat if they arent in the champions league regularly Thumbs Up

Another Leeds waiting to happen imo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 10:44pm
yellow, was thinking the exact same earlier. Can City terminate the loan at their will?

The way Adebayors playing i'd have him back at City to offer something different up front, but its never gonna happen, him and Mancini never got on probably due to his usually lazy performances
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 9:27am
If City can terminate the loan contract they should. This will put a dent in Spurs challenge.
It would be a cruel but a clever blow to them.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

His best piece of business was keeping Modric. 

Redknapp has been steadily doing 'good business' at Spurs.
It's amazing how Friedel has had such a positive influence of their defence which was their downfall last season.

Can they win it? Yes.
Will they win it? No.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:22am
its good to see a different team up there, dont see why anyone would begrudge them doing well, they play some super stuff and keep us entertained

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 12:07pm
For me foreign football is all about entertainment. If I watch on the tv all I want to see is an entertaining game Like going to a concert or a gig or a movie. It's a way to switch off. Whereas when I support my own country it's a totally different beast. So spurs are very entertaining and have been since Harry has been there. Livermore was excellent the other night as was Dawson. Weakness is cover fr adebaayor in my view.

Sander Parker livermore modern bale Lennonq krancjer piennar and Huddlestone and Rose is a good panel of midfielders

Dawson king kaboul gallas and bassong is plenty of centre backs.

Not much cover at left back and walker and corluka the two right backs.

Big run of games in next few weeks. If they are still on touching distance after that they can win it. But I think they will be 6 points off by the time march comes along and will just be a step too far.

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

His best piece of business was keeping Modric. 

Redknapp has been steadily doing 'good business' at Spurs.
It's amazing how Friedel has had such a positive influence of their defence which was their downfall last season.

Can they win it? Yes.
Will they win it? No.

err, i think it was daniel levy that insisted modric stayed. i think modric is a very good midfielder but scores very few goals. Friedel however was the best signing redknapp has ever made, no gamble, quality keeper on a free, oh how United wish fergie had seen the opportunity
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:02pm
Spurs dropped 2 valuable points against Wolves, would have expected them to win today.
Say nothing till you hear more
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:03pm

I had them down for a draw today...

As soon as they matched points with United and people start asking silly questions like 'can they win the league now'...they were bound to get wobbly knees.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:05pm
Lack of oxygen at the summit for a few clubs 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic