You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Callum O Dowda

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 3:05pm
Back in the Bristol City team today. His first appearance since 28 October.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:16am
Fantastic touch to bring back on his left for the cross. Totally took the opponent out of the game. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:31am
Has impressed me majority of the time i've seen him, clever footballer, still learning of course so can only get better
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:33am
I think he is the type of player that will improve for playing international football. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:21am
Yeah have been impressed with him in patches. Still a lot to learn and does some silly stuff with the ball but has potential
Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:29am
His run up when taking corners is extremely odd.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:08am
He's a tidy little player who always impresses me. He looks very confident on the ball and will only get better. Has to be a regular starter going forward
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Fantastic touch to bring back on his left for the cross. Totally took the opponent out of the game. Clap
Indeed a great bit of skill to open play up
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:05pm
I thought he was fantastic. Still young, and can only get better in time.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:02pm
i really like callums passion and desire to play for the green. Seems like a sound bloke aswell. Delighted hes playing for us.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:04am
i had really high hopes for O'Dowda... but wat is going on at club level?? why is he not the first name on the teamsheet for bristol city?? surely at his age he should be tearing it up in the Championship if he is going to be a major player on the international scene
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:48am
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

i had really high hopes for O'Dowda... but wat is going on at club level?? why is he not the first name on the teamsheet for bristol city?? surely at his age he should be tearing it up in the Championship if he is going to be a major player on the international scene

Maybe a look at his performance against Wales will tell you why.

IIFC most of the goals against Wales came from his side of the pitch, his positional play was very poor, although Ward should have pulled him up on this.

Still a good player who looks to improve as the games go on. He can only get better.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

Because he's obviously not that great, but from an Irish POV he's pretty exciting given what else we have at our disposal. Hopefully starting more regularly for us can improve his game all round for club and country. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:54pm
came on as a sub and got an assist
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:18am
another assist tn. plays full 90 as they lose to wba 4-2. hoolahan made his wba debut off the bench
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:22pm
Callum O'Dowda: No player has made more key passes in a Championship match this season than @CallumODowda vs West Brom (7)

For more match stats -- https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288766/Live/England-Championship-2018-2019-West-Bromwich-Albion-Bristol-City 

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:26pm
Only makes the bench again tonight. For all the criticism O'Neill receives - sometimes deserved, sometimes less so - he has very, very little to work with.

Marley Watkins, though on the bench tonight, has been in the Bristol city team ahead of O'Dowda on most occasions this season, and yet was left out of the last Wales squad completely. That's a measure of how far we are behind our rivals.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 21 Sep 2018 at 9:27pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:47pm
Came on after 60 minutes. Played centrally and did quite well. Watkins also came on and did nothing bar knock his own mans teeth out. O'Dowda had two assists in his last 2 games prior to this, he's started the season pretty well.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
  Share Topic