You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burnley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 105>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:59pm
John Angus,  former Burnley great  , and fullback in the Championship winning team of 1960 died today, aged 82. Played just a couple of times for England. 
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

John Angus,  former Burnley great  , and fullback in the Championship winning team of 1960 died today, aged 82. Played just a couple of times for England. 
I do recall seeing him in his testimonial at the Turf not sure if i did before that if i am honest .
Still a sad loss to all us Clarets .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I do recall seeing him in his testimonial at the Turf not sure if i did before that if i am honest .

Jesus murph how old are you ? Is there some type of Dorian grey portrait in the attic 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Jesus murph how old are you ? Is there some type of Dorian grey portrait in the attic 
I look your age but as you know i am a lot older Heart
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 2:29pm
Sean Dyche signs a 4 year extension HeartHeartHeart

I am sure Bob Hoskins will be looking forward to hearing him talk Tongue
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:01pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:33pm

Takeover completed today.

I daresay none of the following is news to Claret Murph or Longford Claret etc, but I for one would be very suspicious of the people in charge of Burnley, including their offer to buy back these remaining shares.

The owners don't need them in order to continue running the club, so there must be some future financial premium that they looking to exploit (dividends? new issue? re-sale?)

(From February)

Burnley's US takeover has left club £90m worse off and loaded with debt

The above makes them look like "Mini-Glazers".

Meanwhile, as eg Derby County's current travails illustrate, anything which involves Michael Dell ahould make fans afraid, very afraid:

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I daresay none of the following is news to Claret Murph or Longford Claret etc, but I for one would be very suspicious of the people in charge of Burnley, including their offer to buy back these remaining shares.

The owners don't need them in order to continue running the club, so there must be some future financial premium that they looking to exploit (dividends? new issue? re-sale?)

(From February)

Meanwhile, as eg Derby County's current travails illustrate, anything which involves Michael Dell ahould make fans afraid, very afraid:

Still trying to get my head around this one Terri

Right these are the details .
Small shareholders have been given the chance to sell there shares to the club ( ALK holdings , the Yanks ) and they will be given £1699 per share .
ALK hold 84% of the shares and if they get to 90% they can buy out the the rest of the shares .
Kind of a catch is that you will be given £850 in cash and the other £850 you can spend in the club shop , food and drink season tickets and it's open ended .
Now from what i can gather most have a few shares a few have 100 or 30 shares as one guy said on the web site how am i going to spend £85,000 in the club shop .
The Yanks are an interesting bunch not worried about debt at all , hey all is well in the Premier league , now what would they be like in the Championship is another question .
Watch this space .

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

(From February)

Still trying to get my head around this one Terri

Right these are the details .
Small shareholders have been given the chance to sell there shares to the club ( ALK holdings , the Yanks ) and they will be given £1699 per share .
ALK hold 84% of the shares and if they get to 90% they can buy out the the rest of the shares .
Kind of a catch is that you will be given £850 in cash and the other £850 you can spend in the club shop , food and drink season tickets and it's open ended .
Now from what i can gather most have a few shares a few have 100 or 30 shares as one guy said on the web site how am i going to spend £85,000 in the club shop .
The Yanks are an interesting bunch not worried about debt at all , hey all is well in the Premier league , now what would they be like in the Championship is another question .
Watch this space .

What would Bob Lord have done, Murph?
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL You don't need to ask Brick .
One thing which i have never  said but my dad worked for him for years , now never got too many details but he did say if there was any corners to cut Bob would be on it like a flash .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 6:51am
Huge result for the Clarets yesterday.

Turning point for their season?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Huge result for the Clarets yesterday.

Turning point for their season?
We have not been too far off DM , Cornet is the big difference. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 12:58pm
Not one Cornetto, but four goals in five league games. Looks a quality signing all right. Though not one for blowing his own trumpet.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 2:26pm
Good away point at Stamford Bridge to back up last week's victory. 
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 12:47pm
Former Burnley captain and Ireland under 21 international,  John Pender suffering from Motor Neuron Disease. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 10:32am

Nick Pope made some very good saves yesterday.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Nick Pope made some very good saves yesterday.
It was a shocker of a game DM and i can say both sides were lucky to score zlich Shocked
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 12:59pm
I was at this yesterday. Awful, awful game.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 1:02pm
The sooner they f**k off back to the Championship the better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 105>
  Share Topic