You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bundesliga 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 12:08pm
Peter Bosz confirmed as they new manager of Dortmund. 
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Interesting Surprised he left Ajax though tbh
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
4.3m compensation !!

One last job for van Gaal  before Bergkamp steps up??
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Interesting Surprised he left Ajax though tbh
We all were
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 3:38pm

4.3m compensation !!

Bergkamp doesn't want the top job. He's happy in the role of assistant.

But I'd love Van Gaal to come back to this young, but very talented side. It's right up his alley, and would complete his career to finish as he started off. 

Roger Schmidt also being named, and the usual carousel of jobless coaches that throw their names in the hat. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

4.3m compensation !!

But I'd love Van Gaal to come back to this young, but very talented side. It's right up his alley, and would complete his career to finish as he started off. 

Roger Schmidt also being named, and the usual carousel of jobless coaches that throw their names in the hat. 

Around Reading, they are worried about losing Stam. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

4.3m compensation !!

Around Reading, they are worried about losing Stam. 

I hope not tbh. Great player, but a defensive mindset and approach. With our current batch of players that can play attackingly, I'd hate to see us play defensive.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 8:50pm
B tards on both sides.
Expect more anti Red Bollix next season

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0620/884256-leipzig/
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:55pm
I get why people don't like them, but I think despite them buying their way there, they earned it regardless of who owns them.

Is it any different from Man City being financed by the Sheikhs 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:12pm
It is different: Germany has the 50%+1 rule for ownership and they blatantly flout it. I know Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen and Hoffenheim are already exceptions, but at least two of them are understandable, being founded as works clubs.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:25pm
Would Leipzig have enough in the tank to give Munich a run for their money this season ?

I can't see the difference between Red Bull owning and winning titles and having multiple teams . The only difference is Red Bull is a company in its own & the Arabs and Russians are a multitude of oil companies
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:13am

I get why people don't like them, but I think despite them buying their way there, they earned it regardless of who owns them.

Man City have to at least pay lip service to history and tradition and are, for the moment at least, primarily a football team. The primary role of RBL is to market the world's most foul tasting drink, the football is secondary.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Man City have to at least pay lip service to history and tradition and are, for the moment at least, primarily a football team. The primary role of RBL is to market the world's most foul tasting drink, the football is secondary.

Didn't realise Leipzig were backed by Tesco Vodka
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:45am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Didn't realise Leipzig were backed by Tesco Vodka
The only drink in the world that tastes better after adding vodka into it!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 7:56am
Again I'll reiterate my point I get how they are owned and that they a marketing tool for Red Bull.

But as I said they earned the right to play in CL due to the on field performance.

Tbh looking at their squad they don't have any real super stars they've brought in a lot of young players.

Now being in CL may change that
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:06pm

Again I'll reiterate my point I get how they are owned and that they a marketing tool for Red Bull.

But as I said they earned the right to play in CL due to the on field performance.

Tbh looking at their squad they don't have any real super stars they've brought in a lot of young players.

That's their model alright and they done a great job finishing second last season, already bought Bruma in for next season who scored a stunnig goal for Portugal 21s last night.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That's their model alright and they done a great job finishing second last season, already bought Bruma in for next season who scored a stunnig goal for Portugal 21s last night.

Aye and a very good buy too
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:04pm

The problem is that this idea of people owning several football clubs is becoming more common, we all know football isn't really a sport anymore, but how much of a sport is it when Salzburg and Leipzig end up in the same European group and the result is decided at the Red Bull EGM. 
It is another nail in football's coffin, although the thing was well shut already.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic