You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulmers Clonmel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulmers Clonmel
    Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 10:23am
There was a brief piece in last Sundays Irish Indo businees section saying that there are strong rumours that the Bulmers cider plant in Clonmel will be closing and the production of cider will be moved to England.

Anyone heard anything about this?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 10:25am
They let a fair few people go a few years ago down there. Haven't heard of them completely pulling out of Ireland though. If true it would be a big loss to Clonmel
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

They let a fair few people go a few years ago down there. Haven't heard of them completely pulling out of Ireland though. If true it would be a big loss to Clonmel

Exactly I really hope it doesn't happen.
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 10:33am
Are sales of Bulmers/Magners declining?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by ftm ftm wrote:

I would have thought that its a popular drink with the Bhoys.
Wink
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 9:30am

Not in UK Wetherspoons pubs now that they bang it out at £1.99 per bottle of the stuff.
Dear Old Roker View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Old Roker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 11:48am
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

Not in UK Wetherspoons pubs now that they bang it out at £1.99 per bottle of the stuff.

The price of Magners draught is crazy one pub in Sunderland city centre the Derry its £2.50 a pint for the draught where in another outside of the centre the Chesters its £3.50 a pint.
The Roker Roar will never die
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:29pm
Cooper Rose pub Sunderland sold out of the Magners pear cider yesterday.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:41pm

Surprised this isn't in the news today, are you ok?

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:51pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:11pm
Heppies gives it to us straight, like a pear cider that's made from 100 per cent pears
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Surprised this isn't in the news today, are you ok?

Savage comment.
Big smile
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 6:53pm
Bit sad like who really gives a toss if some pub sold out of pear cider ffs..... Posting tripe for the sake of it but sure whatever floats the boat and all that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Bit sad like who really gives a toss if some pub sold out of pear cider ffs..... Posting tripe for the sake of it but sure whatever floats the boat and all that.

He's probably just illustrating how well Bulmers/Magners sales are doing since the price change at Wetherspoons. What with Bulmers being an Irish company an all.

If you don't really give a toss as you say why bother to reply?
Confused

Edited by Double Maxim - 28 Apr 2015 at 8:11am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

He's probably just illustrating how well Bulmers/Magners sales are doing since the price change at Wetherspoons. What with Bulmers being an Irish company an all.

If you don't really give a toss as you say why bother to reply?
Confused
Time on my hands DM same as you Sunderland lads by the looks of it, thought I may as well join the tripe posting......of course it's just my opinion it's tripe, it may in fact be very important must know information, so if it is, my apologies.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:23pm
Just to add the tripe, does anyone actually like tripe? They do a lovely one in Barcelona which is lovely. Not tripe at all.

Anyway back to this tripe, is the fact that said pub sold out of said pear cider, which isn't actually pear cider(ALL cider is apple based. So for it to be pear cider, it couldn't be made from 100 per cent pears. That is giving it to them straight, like a perry made from pear juice concentrate that I assume gives you the two bobs) a sign that their product is selling well or is it a case of the Cooper Rose pub not expecting a rise in sales. Maybe there was unexpected weather, people tend to drink pear cider (which isn't actually pear cider) when the weather improves or maybe they had an unexpected rise in hen parties? Maybe it was simply bad management? Maybe this tripe I have just posted isn't actually tripe or about tripe, except the first piece, which is literally about tripe.

Edited by pre Madonna - 28 Apr 2015 at 4:43pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Just to add the tripe, does anyone actually like tripe? They do a lovely one in Barcelona which is lovely. Not tripe at all.

Anyway back to this tripe, is the fact that said pub sold out of said pear cider, which isn't actually pear cider(ALL cider is apple based. So for it to be pear cider, it couldn't be made from 100 per cent pears. That is giving it to them straight, like a perry made from pear juice concentrate that I assume gives you the two bobs) a sign that their product is selling well or is it a case of the Cooper Rose pub not expecting a rise in sales. Maybe there was unexpected weather, people tend to drink pear cider (which isn't actually pear cider) when the weather improves or maybe they had an unexpected rise in hen parties? Maybe it wassimply bad management? Maybe this tripe I have just posted isn't actually tripe or about tripe, exceot the first piece, which is lieterally about tripe.
LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Anyway back to this tripe, is the fact that said pub sold out of said pear cider, which isn't actually pear cider(ALL cider is apple based. So for it to be pear cider, it couldn't be made from 100 per cent pears. That is giving it to them straight, like a perry made from pear juice concentrate that I assume gives you the two bobs) a sign that their product is selling well or is it a case of the Cooper Rose pub not expecting a rise in sales. Maybe there was unexpected weather, people tend to drink pear cider (which isn't actually pear cider) when the weather improves or maybe they had an unexpected rise in hen parties? Maybe it was simply bad management? Maybe this tripe I have just posted isn't actually tripe or about tripe, except the first piece, which is literally about tripe.

Big smileBig smileClapBig smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic