You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 62>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Maguire is a decent striker. I think if he had a chance in the box more often than not he will put it away. I have nonproblem with him been in ahead of Obefemi right now.

Maguire is a decent player, yes. But Obafemi is playing in the Premier League. 

As said by others, SK is picking players to suit HIS style (I hope). 

Kenny has made it clear why he didn’t pick him he has no experience playing out wide and he wants him to play in that format in the 21s first. 

I would have liked to see Obafemi in the squad but he’s given a clear reason you can’t really argue with it. 

I don't disagree with you or SK. The point I was making was in response to doherty's post about Maguire being a decent striker and able to score in the box and comparing that to Obafemi. 

Maguire is a bit of an enigma tbh isn’t he. Had a very stop start time of it at Preston I genuinely had him down as one that could have kicked on again for them and show the potential to play PL football like Hourihane Doherty (O Dowda and Lenihan were the other 2 I had in mind 3 years ago to kick on to such an extent) but injuries have ravaged him. 

Wether he can kick on I highly doubt it at this stage. I do think there’s a player there though. As a fox in the box to get to the point I’m not really sure is he that either.
Sponsored Links

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:26am
This is the team I think will play on Thursday:

Randolph
Doherty Egan Duffy Stevens
Hendrick McCarthy Brady
Connolly Long McClean

Possibly:

Coleman for Doherty
Arter for McCarthy (if injured)
Molumby for Hendrick/Brady
Hourihane for Brady
Idah for Long
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 1:24am
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Randolph
Hendrick McCarthy Brady
Connolly Long McClean

Possibly:

Coleman for Doherty
Hourihane for Brady
Idah for Long
The team will be
           Randolph 
Coleman Egan Duffy stephens 
            Mcarthy
    Hendrick Hourihan 
Odowda.          Mclean 
             Long
Kenny won't rock the boat to much to start with, he has no reason to drop Mclean or either Hendrick and Hourihan. Expect Connolly idah and malumby to be brought on. We may see a different team at the aviva on Sunday but this will be the team he starts with. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Randolph
Hendrick McCarthy Brady
Connolly Long McClean

Possibly:

Coleman for Doherty
Hourihane for Brady
Idah for Long
The team will be
           Randolph 
            Mcarthy
    Hendrick Hourihan 
Odowda.          Mclean 
             Long
Kenny won't rock the boat to much to start with, he has no reason to drop Mclean or either Hendrick and Hourihan. Expect Connolly idah and malumby to be brought on. We may see a different team at the aviva on Sunday but this will be the team he starts with. 

I hope he makes a better job of spelling their names.
Dyslexia is no laughing matter and I take great offence to you pointing out my disability 😛😛😁😁
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:02am
 https://youtu.be/S0VjXznzA_w

Interesting video (especially if you have an insomniac 11 month old): Shooting drills. 

Looks like the whole drill is set up in a 4-3-3. Brady is playing on the left of a midfield 3 in the first drill. Arter in the center. Robinson and O’Dowda are playing on the right of the attacking three with Connolly and McClean on the left. Long, Maguire and Idah in the middle.

I could see Kenny springing a surprise and naming Brady in midfield.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 7:08am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

https://youtu.be/S0VjXznzA_w

Interesting video (especially if you have an insomniac 11 month old): Shooting drills. 

Looks like the whole drill is set up in a 4-3-3. Brady is playing on the left of a midfield 3 in the first drill. Arter in the center. Robinson and O’Dowda are playing on the right of the attacking three with Connolly and McClean on the left. Long, Maguire and Idah in the middle.

I could see Kenny springing a surprise and naming Brady in midfield.

Agreed, I reckon a midfield with himself, McCarthy and Hendrick
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 8:44am
Sun saying Doherty will get the start over Coleman 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 8:51am
Match is confirmed to be on Sky Sports Football. Finland game too
Danger here, OH NO
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Randolph
Hendrick McCarthy Brady
Connolly Long McClean

Possibly:

Coleman for Doherty
Hourihane for Brady
Idah for Long
The team will be
           Randolph 
            Mcarthy
    Hendrick Hourihan 
Odowda.          Mclean 
             Long
Don't think that team wil be far off it. Only changes possibly Connolly for McClean & will Doherty be in the team for Coleman or someone else.
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:36am
I can see him playing starting Connolly and Molumby. They have put in a lot of good performances for him at underage level and have had loads of game time with their clubs. He will trust them to do a job. 
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 2:50pm
i would  go with 

Randolph
                   Coleman            Egan              Duffy              Stevens 
                                                   McCarthy  
              Robinson              Molumby           Arter             Connolly 

Long  
Brady has played very little  for months now , an Hendrick likewise  , i expect Idah to get some game time  along  with  Mcclean and Brady but that's  it . It's anyone 's call to see if docherty starts over Coleman

royal rover
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

We've got a few players that have been 'tried, tested and failed to deliver' over the years and a few players that have not been 'tried or tested' so we need to find a balance.

i get the feeling that the squad that Kenny has picked this time round will be very different from the squad for the November games as the season would have started and we'll know better how players are performing 
You could be right. But I doubt SK knows what squad he'll pick in November yet either. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Keanes record was very good and we have felt his absence in recent campaigns but that’s more a pointer to the lack of actual attacking options we have currently than Keane being that good. 

He was very good his international goal scoring record was deadly and you can’t argue with that its there on paper. 

Mind Aguero or Kane would have struggled to score goals in the Irish team of the last few qualifying campaigns don’t mind Long or Mcgoldrick considering we have been so dire and created so few actual chances for our forwards.

Good post. How others manage to argue otherwise is beyond me. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 4:29pm
I'd go with:

Randolph
Coleman Egan Duffy
Doherty Arter McCarthy Hourihane Stephens
Connolly Long

But I think he'll play Hendrick, Robinson and Idah. 

Edited by xRedmanLFCx - 02 Sep 2020 at 4:29pm
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:03pm
Who tf is Stephen's 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:04pm

I'd go with:

Randolph
Coleman Egan Duffy
Doherty Arter McCarthy Hourihane Stephens
Connolly Long

But I think he'll play Hendrick, Robinson and Idah. 

He’s definitely playing 3-5-2 so this is a good shout. Would also love to see Duffy running backwards and trying to clear a ball with his left foot 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:23pm
You go on some threads and wonder did people only join the conversation about the Ireland football team yesterday.

Some posters on this site genuinely make me wonder do they even watch football never mind ireland.. Confused
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:37pm
Rudolph

Docherty
Daffy 
Egin
Stephen's's

Arthur
Mulambi
Hendricks'

Conneelly
MacGwire
MacLeen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 62>