You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Away Sep 3rd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:45pm
Was something like €150 when I booked on the day of the draw. Thought that was a bit of a bargain paying that much for a direct flight.
How wrong I was.
The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 6:19pm
The one issue I have here is that Ryanair stopped selling seats for this flight almost two months ago, but wait untill less than five weeks before departure to notify passengers. I was booked to return on the Friday via Vienna and that flight looks likely to be cancelled too. So another refund in the bag. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I was booked to return on the Friday via Vienna and that flight looks likely to be cancelled too. So another refund in the bag. 

I was booked to fly back via Berlin and that flight was cancelled today too so looks like flights are being cancelled left right and centre
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:26pm

The one issue I have here is that Ryanair stopped selling seats for this flight almost two months ago, but wait untill less than five weeks before departure to notify passengers. I was booked to return on the Friday via Vienna and that flight looks likely to be cancelled too. So another refund in the bag. 

Are they, in effect, cancelling flights, but not telling anyone, then cancelling right before the period when they'd have to give compensation, and leaving passengers in a position where they get their money back, but have to book new flights at a higher price? That would be some trick.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Are they, in effect, cancelling flights, but not telling anyone, then cancelling right before the period when they'd have to give compensation, and leaving passengers in a position where they get their money back, but have to book new flights at a higher price? That would be some trick.
Seems that way. I first posted on June the 5th that the flight to Sofia was "sold out" now not many flights I imagined sold out in the middle of a pandemic and even if it did you wouldn't be able to merge them all on to Thursdays flight. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:22pm
Lufthansa changed my outbound flights for this, only landing in Frankfurt after the connection had already departed for Sofia. Got the email to accept the changes or reschedule but rang their Dublin number and getting  a full refund without any issue. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 7:59pm
Y
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Lufthansa changed my outbound flights for this, only landing in Frankfurt after the connection had already departed for Sofia. Got the email to accept the changes or reschedule but rang their Dublin number and getting  a full refund without any issue. 

Something similar with Helsinki, the connection was departing before the inbound was landed - requested a full refund 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Y
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Something similar with Helsinki, the connection was departing before the inbound was landed - requested a full refund 
Already had changes to my Helsinki with KLM and I have up until checkin to request a full refund. So no rush as I foolishly hang onto hope of goingLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:42am
When should we expect confirmation about this fixture? 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:58am
UEFA are having a meeting today about Nations League fixtures but everything is subject to change id say even down to cancellation week before.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

UEFA are having a meeting today about Nations League fixtures but everything is subject to change id say even down to cancellation week before.
Cheers
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 1:34pm
if i was to put a bet on it then i'd say this game will be in Germany and half of the Bulgaria squad will be allowed travel 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 1:41pm
Yep. No chance this game is getting played in Bulgaria 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 1:44pm
Irish Times suggesting the home and away fixtures against Bulgaria might be switched around as another possibility 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 06 Aug 2020 at 1:45pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 5:24pm
Just cancelled hotels for this, Finland and Wales. No flights booked due to situation. Can't see fans getting into these games or the ones in Dublin. Was holding off but was time to bite bullet. Can't see any real travel until next year at earliest. Cry
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 5:57pm
Hungary, Greece, Cyprus and Poland have put themselves forward as potential neutral hubs.

Presumably if our game is moved Greece or Hungary would be the likely venue

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:54pm
600 cases a day in Poland currently...nothing gonna happen there
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 10:38am
Do we know when UEFA are due to meet to decide on this venue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic