Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brooklyn Beckham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brooklyn Beckham
    Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 2:40pm
On trial at Chelsea and is 14

Sons of great footballers don’t necessarily become great footballers themselves, but Brooklyn Beckham will attempt to buck that trend after attending a trial at Chelsea recently.

The football world is littered with tales of sons who never quite lived up to the reputations of their fathers – Jordi Cruyff and eh, Calum Best to name two – and grossly unfair as it is, David Beckham’s first-born will become the latest to try and succeed under the weight of pretty big expectation having attended a trial with Chelsea recently.

According to The Guardian, 13-year old Brooklyn Beckham underwent a trial at Chelsea’s Cobham training ground on Tuesday, while the auld lad was also spotted speckled in snow alongside a Chelsea youngster in a picture that has been doing the rounds on Twitter today.

Pic via Twitter/Reyon Dillon

Beckham is currently without a club having finished his stint in the MLS with the LA Galaxy and it is yet unclear where he will end up next, but a move away from England could possibly influence Brooklyn’s football development.

The youngster is believed to be football mad and showcased his talents from an early age with a goal at Old Trafford following a Manchester United league success a few years back (Observe the textbook wave to the crowd beforehand).
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 2:58pm
 Cant believe he is 14 already. Im sure he will come on as a sub when Beckham has some sort of farewell match. Good luck to him, a lot of pressure on him.  

Edited by Landon Donovan - 23 Jan 2013 at 3:09pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Cant believe he is 14 already. Im sure he will come on as a sub when Beckham has some sort of farewell match. Good luck to him, a lot of pressure him.

Aye, he'll never have to work a day in his life given the wealth of his Da, tons of pressure on the kid
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Cant believe he is 14 already. Im sure he will come on as a sub when Beckham has some sort of farewell match. Good luck to him, a lot of pressure him.

Aye, he'll never have to work a day in his life given the wealth of his Da, tons of pressure on the kid

Well football wise, his dad is the most recognisable sportsman on the planet. He's played for Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan, La Galaxy and had 115 caps to his name, so to try and live up to something like that is a lot of pressure for any 14 year old 
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:12pm
Was in upton park there for the fa cup tie the whole lot of them decked out in united gear would have thought he would try get him in at united
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:13pm
Derek McGovern who writes the betting column for the mirror had a funny one when Victoria or David said they called him brooklyn because of where he was concieved. McGovern said he done the same thing with his daughter 'Backseat Of A Vauxhall' 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:14pm
I may come across as abit cynical here seeing as i have never seen Brooklyn Beckham play, but to me its more of a case as to who you know as to why he's at Chelsea tbh. 

I never heard anything about him playing for a kids team in LA? Now all of a sudden he's on trial at Chelsea?

Edited by Green Devil - 23 Jan 2013 at 3:15pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Well football wise, his dad is the most recognisable sportsman on the planet. He's played for Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan, La Galaxy and had 115 caps to his name, so to try and live up to something like that is a lot of pressure for any 14 year old 

Im getting images of Jordi Cruyff Ouch
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:15pm
I wonder have they explained to him why they called him brooklyn yet Cool
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Derek McGovern who writes the betting column for the mirror had a funny one when Victoria or David said they called him brooklyn because of where he was concieved. McGovern said he done the same thing with his daughter 'Backseat Of A Vauxhall' 

Really? Awful joke and was hardly original. That Derek McGovern is as funny as a hangover stuck in a lift with colin Murray. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I may come across as abit cynical here seeing as i have never seen Brooklyn Beckham play, but to me its more of a case as to who you know as to why he's at Chelsea tbh. 

I never heard anything about him playing for a kids team in LA? Now all of a sudden he's on trial at Chelsea?

According the ssn he has already passed the trial and is in their academy. to be fair he must ve had to do something to pass that trial.They couldnt just take him if he wasn't up to the standard 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Really? Awful joke and was hardly original. That Derek McGovern is as funny as a hangover stuck in a lift with colin Murray. 

Arrah you re just a grumpy barman Wink Different strokes and all that. I do think he s funny enough though. He takes the pissout of himself and his own team (Liverpool) and is pretty witty imo 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:20pm

Is anyone going to really expect him to be as good as his Da? Only celeb junkies and people who know nothing about football I would imagine.

Yeah there'll be a lot of media attention, i'd be surprised if he made it as a footballer and completely shocked if he played at a high level or got England caps.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:22pm

Is anyone going to really expect him to be as good as his Da? Only celeb junkies and people who know nothing about football I would imagine.

Yeah there'll be a lot of media attention, i'd be surprised if he made it as a footballer and completely shocked if he played at a high level or got England caps.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

According the ssn he has already passed the trial and is in their academy. to be fair he must ve had to do something to pass that trial.They couldnt just take him if he wasn't up to the standard 

Look don't get me wrong the kid is probably a decent footballer, my point is i have never heard anything about him being the star of his local kids team in LA (if he even had one) and out of all the clubs in London he ends up at the biggest one at the minute. 

Even though it's bound to be tougher to make the grade at Chelsea, to me it smacks of "The Beckham Factor" as to why he's at Chelsea, even though if he went to a lesser and smaller club it would possibly make him a better grounded footballer in the long run.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

For every Cesare and Paulo Maldini doubt act there are about 20 Craig Allardyces and Gavin Strachans.

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:31pm

Im getting images of Jordi Cruyff Ouch

Exactly. In fairness to Jordi, he had a pretty decent career. Barcelona, Man U, couple of caps or the Dutch National side etc. He done very well at Alaves when it seemed there was less pressure on his shoulders towards the end of his career.

Problem was that his dad is one of the top 5 footballers of all times. He never stood a chance as he's always lose out in the comparison between father and son. 

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Posting a photo of a famous father son combination that both made it at the top level won't change my opinion/prediction.

Silly thing to be arguing over as it'll take 4 or 5 years until im proven right Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic