You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***** Brogans Pub in Fulham for YBIG Italy Meetup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***** Brogans Pub in Fulham for YBIG Italy Meetup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Midlands Midlands wrote:

Bringing my eldest lad (just turned 13) to his first away.... I'm presuming Brogan's are ok with kids coming in or if you could check with them when you're talking to them would be great

Can you stick me onto the list please darmack...

Hey Midlands

no problem with the young fella going to Brogans. Brianie had Brian junior in there after one of the games a few years ago if I remember correctly. Packet of tayto and a can of club orange, won't be a bother on him!
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

Anyone up for tins on the street? near Brogans..cos we broke as sh*t

If weather is good would say il have few tins outside as keeps the cost down. Saturday night should be good crac with the fight being on and good crowd of us are staying in hotel lily.

I'm going to take a card or 2 with me for our raffle so if anyone sees me and wants few just ask
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 5:06pm
Anybody know what Hotel the Italians are staying in?
UpYePupYe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpYePupYe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 6:24pm
yes! Hennessys again!
Cans on the street

Edited by UpYePupYe - 29 May 2014 at 6:25pm
paddyfulham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

Anyone up for tins on the street? near Brogans..cos we broke as sh*t

Yesterday there was so many Scotland fans inside the pubs that they were spilled on to the street and plenty of them were drinking tins.

Also there is a nice park in behind Brogans (2 min walk) which is good for drinking in.  Its called Eel Brook common, its right on my front door and drinking in parks here is fine as long as you are not making a mess or acting like a fanny.

Before the game we are planning to head up to the massive park next to Craven Cottage about an hour before KO and have a few cans. Its called Bishops park and also had a bit of a man made beach.

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Midlands Midlands wrote:

Bringing my eldest lad (just turned 13) to his first away.... I'm presuming Brogan's are ok with kids coming in or if you could check with them when you're talking to them would be great

Can you stick me onto the list please darmack...

Remember bringing Brianiejr to the Nigeria Game a few years back, Was about the same age, SeanieMac kindly had a word and there was no problem!
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by UpYePupYe UpYePupYe wrote:

yes! Hennessys again!
Cans on the street

I would love that to happen, but can't see it.  Fulham Broadway is a bit of an up market area and also is one of the main bus junctions for this part of London.  Can't see the cops letting us take over the road this time LOL
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 8:03pm
Nobody be about tomorrow night in Brogans then?
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Anybody know what Hotel the Italians are staying in?

Not sure, but a lot of teams who stay over night to play Fulham or Chelsea tend to stay in the Wyndnam Grand at Chelsea Harbour.  Its not too far from Fulham Bway.
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 8:30pm
Yes that park looks a good call!! Think we will be down from about 3-4, it's a going to be another good day, 21 C :) will go outside brogans and that at times and see if we can recruite fellow tin drinkers for sing alongs and flirting with Italian girls :)
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 11:10am
Cheers seaniemac and brainie for same. Figured it's about time he got his first away under his belt.... Start 'em young

Edited by Midlands - 30 May 2014 at 11:11am
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 11:14am
If anyone fancies setting themselves up for the day you can get a massive English (booooo) fry up in Lloyds for £4.50, its upstairs in Fulham Broadway station.  Pints are also £2.50 - 3.50 if you fancy a few before Brogans.  Pints in Brogans start at about £4.30.

Think we will have a few in Brogans then head for Bishops park.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by paddyfulham paddyfulham wrote:

If anyone fancies setting themselves up for the day you can get a massive English (booooo) fry up in Lloyds for £4.50, its upstairs in Fulham Broadway station.  Pints are also £2.50 - 3.50 if you fancy a few before Brogans.  Pints in Brogans start at about £4.30.

Anything good down by the river pub wise ??????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by paddyfulham paddyfulham wrote:

Anything good down by the river pub wise ??????

There isn't much on the Fulham side of the river except for a pub called the 8 Bells at Putney Bridge station.  This is probably the nearest pub to the ground.  Its got tables and stuff so you can sit out on the street.

If you cross the bridge to Putney there are lots of pubs along the riverside which are more upmarket, but there is a great Weatherspoons where you can sit along the river outside if its warm.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 1:04pm
Spot on PF on the other side of the bridge maybe the plan for our crew  , thanks Cool
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 1:27pm
Just landed!

So where is everyone at the moment/this afternoon or evening?
Brogans?
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Spot on PF on the other side of the bridge maybe the plan for our crew  , thanks Cool

Murph........PF said the Putney pubs are more upmarket......therefore you might not be allowed in with your jersey, shorts, day pack , hoover combo.
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 2:09pm
Think we drank in the 8 bells before.
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic