You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***** Brogans Pub in Fulham for YBIG Italy Meetup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***** Brogans Pub in Fulham for YBIG Italy Meetup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Thanks for the contribution there Kerrzy, I've always found it's not where you are, it's who you are with that counts though. The £200 going towards the ybig charity is more important than the "promotion" as it's going to a much better cause than any of us getting drunk for ten pence cheaper than what we are going to get anywhere else. It's also two stops on the tube to Putney which is four minutes. The pitch is a 10-15 minute walk from there. The game is on a Saturday too so should have a much bigger crowd in Brogans before and after compared to the Oman game, which was a work night if I remember correctly. The band can be red carded if you want as well.

Texting Phil there, the fight will be on and I'll drop in the irish sky box so that has reeling in the years and some other irish games, green is the colour etc on it. Anyone know if the game is on TV. If so, it was be recorded and shown after the boxing (which I presume is around 9.45/10pm?)

well said Seanie ClapClapClapClapClap
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:19am
Brogans is 5★ compare to hennessys in kingsbury. London isnt cheap full stop and the Oman game was midweek so athmosphere was always going to be a bit quiet. I had a great night anyway. Match is live on Setanta
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 10:25am
Apologies for giving my honest view on a boozer. Apologies to all those offended.

Forgot that any pub that provides a token gesture to the YBIG charities is devoid of criticism.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:28am
Kerrzy, of course you can criticize it but at least have valid points. You are comparing it to the Oman game, which was on a Tuesday to a game that is going to be on a Saturday so there will be a much bigger crowd there all day as it's not a work day for London-based lads and is a bank holiday weekend for Irish-based fans, coupled with the fact it's Italy and not Oman that is the opposition so numbers will be substantially up, leading to a better atmosphere pre and post match.

You also said it's no-where near the ground but I told you it's two stops and four minutes from Fulham Broadway tube to Putney Bridge and it's a 10-15 minute walk through the park to the ground from there. The nearest pubs to the ground are by Putney bridge tube station so an extra few minutes on your journey isn't really that much when you think about all the main squares and Irish bars we've all drank in that are 25-30 minutes away from the stadium on away days.

As someone also pointed out, the pub is a hell of a lot better than Hennesseys and will have more than two or three staff serving as well.

The only point I would agree with you was about the trad band. Phil was trying to get a good band for the Oman game but they weren't available so went with that lot instead. Having tunes on would have been better but with the fight and replaying the match this time, it's something we can look into.

If you are going to be the person who highlights problems, it's better to bring solutions with you also. That way, we can look at ways to make it a better day for everyone to enjoy.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 11:47am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Kerrzy, of course you can criticize it but at least have valid points. You are comparing it to the Oman game, which was on a Tuesday to a game that is going to be on a Saturday so there will be a much bigger crowd there all day as it's not a work day for London-based lads and is a bank holiday weekend for Irish-based fans, coupled with the fact it's Italy and not Oman that is the opposition so numbers will be substantially up, leading to a better atmosphere pre and post match.

You also said it's no-where near the ground but I told you it's two stops and four minutes from Fulham Broadway tube to Putney Bridge and it's a 10-15 minute walk through the park to the ground from there. The nearest pubs to the ground are by Putney bridge tube station so an extra few minutes on your journey isn't really that much when you think about all the main squares and Irish bars we've all drank in that are 25-30 minutes away from the stadium on away days.

As someone also pointed out, the pub is a hell of a lot better than Hennesseys and will have more than two or three staff serving as well.

The only point I would agree with you was about the trad band. Phil was trying to get a good band for the Oman game but they weren't available so went with that lot instead. Having tunes on would have been better but with the fight and replaying the match this time, it's something we can look into.

If you are going to be the person who highlights problems, it's better to bring solutions with you also. That way, we can look at ways to make it a better day for everyone to enjoy.

Fair post. It was very flat the last day and can only be better and as said it'll be a lot busier.

As for Hennessy's - if its as good craic as it was in Hennessy's after the game it will be fantastic (I wasnt there before the game when people had criticisms about the place). 
paddyfulham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:09pm
Brogans is a 3 minute walk from my front door.  It is expensive but its a nice bar.  Before the Oman game it was a bit of a damp squib, but it was a week night and it was V Oman.

The offers ain't that good.  But I would imagine the atmosphere this time around will be much better than the Oman game.

They will show the boxing as I always go to Brogans to watch any big fights.

Hennessys was f**king rammed, waited 20 mins to get served and was getting nowhere so walked up the street got a few bottles from the shop and snuck them in, about 30 mins later everyone was drinking carryouts and not giving a sh*t. LOL
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 10:59pm
Will be dropping the Irish sky box in on Sunday or Monday as i'm not around next week, so he'll record the game and show it after the boxing. He also has a band but is figuring out timings as the boxing should go onto after 11ish. Will talk to him about it on Sunday.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 12:45am
Time for a list??

Darmack
The dark side.. And the light
captkeen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Time for a list??

Darmack

Loooks like your on your own
Live Long and Prosper.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by captkeen captkeen wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Time for a list??

Darmack

Loooks like your on your own

Looks like that. When did we start boycotting lists?
The dark side.. And the light
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:13pm
Darmack
newrygreen+3

Thumbs Up
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
paddyfulham View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyfulham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:23pm
paddyfulham + 5 Armagh/Belfast lads.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 8:33pm
Clap

Edited by cm79 - 27 May 2014 at 8:35pm
dbutler929 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbutler929 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 8:41am
first Ireland away game! Brogans sound great if it has the fight on! Staying in Charlton so it be fun and games getting across city
wolfpack View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfpack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by dbutler929 dbutler929 wrote:

first Ireland away game! Brogans sound great if it has the fight on! Staying in Charlton so it be fun and games getting across city

It's also my first Ireland away game :) Flying out saturday morning and flying home fairly early sunday morning - no time for hotels! Brogans looks like it'll be a good laugh. Looking forward to it.
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 4:04pm
Conor Hanna says any half decent girls (or boys) in Brogans this Saturday are getting the shift!
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 4:11pm
Bringing my eldest lad (just turned 13) to his first away.... I'm presuming Brogan's are ok with kids coming in or if you could check with them when you're talking to them would be great

Can you stick me onto the list please darmack...

Edited by Midlands - 29 May 2014 at 4:12pm
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 4:51pm
Anyone up for tins on the street? near Brogans..cos we broke as sh*t
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic