You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broadband Providers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:28pm
Sweet Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:49am
Hopefully you don't have any problems with them because if you do their customer service is brutal
Some people just deserve a slap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Hopefully you don't have any problems with them because if you do their customer service is brutal
thankfully the refuse a direct debit feature on my online banking is very good
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 12:53pm
Need a new broadband provider, any good deals. I had a good deal with Vodafone where it was €20 for 6 months. But as I'm moving they can't provide braodband to my house so only had the €45 for 4 months Cool

Thnak you in advance Sham Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 2:00pm
Is Vodafone not being able to supply your new address with Broadband mean that you cannot get fixed lin BB at all? 

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:07pm
Got a dodgy box the other day and find it's lagging  particularly at night. Brosdband is sky and goes very slow at night. 

Anyone any ideas why or ways to improve it?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
Dodgy box as in Android box? They’re fairly sh*te anyway unless you cough a decent wedge for a good one.

There are boosters you can get but not sure how good they are. Google the modem make and model and see whats being said. You will be able to log into the modem and can change frequency but check the router out online first.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Got a dodgy box the other day and find it's lagging  particularly at night. Brosdband is sky and goes very slow at night. 

Anyone any ideas why or ways to improve it?
Gave up on the boxes. Any time a big match was on it was blocked or buffered like hell!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:28pm
Cheers. Only paid 60 beans for a years sub but one of the lads paid 120 for a firestick and his is working fine.

Was buffering away like mad for the united game last night. Checked the broadband speed and was very slow according to my phone.

Netflix streams fine though.

Bad broadband or bad android box and sub?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 9:36pm

Cheers. Only paid 60 beans for a years sub but one of the lads paid 120 for a firestick and his is working fine.

Was buffering away like mad for the united game last night. Checked the broadband speed and was very slow according to my phone.

Netflix streams fine though.

Bad broadband or bad android box and sub?
Could one, two or all three..

Ive the fire-stick and sub and its virtually perfect. The EPL had the servers blocked yesterday for games just as they kicked off but it was back up and running again in minutes. Perfect today.

The boxes are sh*te though and dont last unless you buy a top range one. If you can, get your mates firestick and try it on your BB and see how it works.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:23pm
Might just pay the extra 60 for stick to be fair
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 10:24pm

Might just pay the extra 60 for stick to be fair
Its probably a better investment given its features but be worth trying your mates just to check the BB too
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:01pm
The speeds you get with wifi will never match what you get with an Ethernet so it is probably the box, an ethernet cable could be up to ten times faster than your wifi. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

The speeds you get with wifi will never match what you get with an Ethernet so it is probably the box, an ethernet cable could be up to ten times faster than your wifi. 

Shoukd i use a cable with the box so?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:12am

Definitely. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:19am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Definitely. 
I actually should have suggested that as well Embarrassed but when I seen Sky BB and an android box mentioned (both not great) I overlooked the cable option. 

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 9:41am
Where's the best place to get a Firestick with built in IPTV sub?
Some people just deserve a slap
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:13am
Anybody looking for an easy to use IPTV sub

Required:
Smart TV
Amazon firestick - about €40

Steps:
Join Irish in London FB page
Numerous sellers with IPTV packages who post regularly 
Ask one of them for a trial 
You need to send them your MAC address and they will set you up

Get all channels for a year for about €80.
I’ve been using one of these for a few months now and it’s fine. Watched a few matches over the weekend.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic