You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brian Kerr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 3:15pm
Interview with Brian on RTE this morning on the past,present and future of Irish football.

Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:44am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:39am
A good move whether he wants him or not. Will stop him being critical from the sidelines
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:13am
U-21 manager when Kenny takes over the senior team?
Ask MaGee
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:17am
I'd say his coaching days in that sort of capacity are over no?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:52am
Well it's been a while since he last managed but there's plenty of coaches and managers around his age out there doing a job.
Ask MaGee
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Well it's been a while since he last managed but there's plenty of coaches and managers around his age out there doing a job.
Football has changed an awful lot since he last coached or managed. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:44am
No way he’ll be coming in coaching. It’ll be some sort advisor role when he comes back. 
He was involved with Quinn & Barrett very recently so I’d be amazed if he doesn’t get a role
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:24pm
Kerr has got to be involved in some capacity in the “new” FAI. The man is a genius and was responsible for our last golden age at the turn of the century.

I know a few lads that played for him underage and still to this day, they say he’s the best coach they’ve ever had at any level. One of these lads played in England for 5 or 6 years and is adamant Kerr was the number one for him.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Kerr has got to be involved in some capacity in the “new” FAI. The man is a genius and was responsible for our last golden age at the turn of the century.

I know a few lads that played for him underage and still to this day, they say he’s the best coach they’ve ever had at any level. One of these lads played in England for 5 or 6 years and is adamant Kerr was the number one for him.
Nail on the head.

Edited by Double Maxim - 27 Jan 2020 at 6:29pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:04am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

As others have said, I'd say he is out of touch with modern day coaching methods, which even in the last 6/7 years have evolved a lot, never mind since 2000.

I wouldn't be in favour of him coming on board as an underage coach. The likes of Tom Mohan and Jason Donohue are more deserving of those opportunities to climb the ladder. I'd be in favour of him having an advisory role, as we all know his passion for Irish football, especially domestically.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 7:54am
I see Brian has held talks about a possible return to the FAI.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:02am
what's the difference between held talks and spoken to or had a chat. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:14am
Formality.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:17am
Being linked with the 21's. Would rather that job went to someone with more recent coaching experience. He's too long out of the game IMO. Would be more suited to an advisory role for the domestic leagues.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:35am
I think he'd be fine for the 21's, certainly of a higher quality than what we were getting before Kenny.
We're decent enough..
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:37am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Being linked with the 21's. Would rather that job went to someone with more recent coaching experience. He's too long out of the game IMO. Would be more suited to an advisory role for the domestic leagues.

Given we've had spoofers like Givens and King in charge in the past I don't see a huge problem with Kerr even if he is out of the coaching game a while
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'd be happy enough for him to probably come in until the end of the campaign, advising Keith Andrews who will take over then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
  Share Topic