You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brazilian Serie A club side in Plane crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:07am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No but she was certainly a lot more photogenic then she should've been.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this. I'll keep it on topic.

Did you give her a rattle?

PM on her pics too
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:27am

@Sbyrne

What do you call the ones that work in operations who communicate with the ATC and Pilots and are responsible for directing the planes into parking positions?

Had a date with someone that worked in it a few months back and we spent the whole date talking about her job. I was fascinated.

It seems a tough enough job you couldn't do if you weren't on the ball or hungover. A lot of concentration involved with all those planes on the ground.

As in the people who wave the lights on the tarmac directing planes?

If so they are called Marshals

A friend of mine does it, in fact she told me she had a date with a guy who looked like Stephen Rea a few months back Shocked

Edited by lassassinblanc - 02 Dec 2016 at 3:57pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:40pm
Muff looks like the footballer spelt wrong now Shocked
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 2:44pm

Absolutely f**king shocking, their endurance equals their flight time. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

@Sbyrne

What do you call the ones that work in operations who communicate with the ATC and Pilots and are responsible for directing the planes into parking positions?

Had a date with someone that worked in it a few months back and we spent the whole date talking about her job. I was fascinated.

It seems a tough enough job you couldn't do if you weren't on the ball or hungover. A lot of concentration involved with all those planes on the ground.

As in the people who wave the lights on the tarmac directing planes?

If so they are called Marshals

A friend of mine does it, in fact she told me she had a date with a guy who looked like Stephen Read a few months back Shocked

Not the people on the runway. The ones at the control console inside. They move planes into parking slots by coded messages.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

No but she was certainly a lot more photogenic then she should've been.

Anyway this isn't the thread for this. I'll keep it on topic.

Did you give her a rattle?

PM on her pics too

No wasn't interested. And no pics sorry.  
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

What does that mean exactly Byrner? That their maximum limit/range was the exact same as the expected overall flight time??
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

What does that mean exactly Byrner? That their maximum limit/range was the exact same as the expected overall flight time??
So both the pilot that wrote it, and the ground official that stamped it, both knew the plane was at the limit and said nothing Dead
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

So both the pilot that wrote it, and the ground official that stamped it, both knew the plane was at the limit and said nothing Dead

There seems to have been an incredible amount of f*ck ups involved in this whole incident.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 3:57pm
https://www.rt.com/news/368952-refuelling-crash-brazilian-football/
ffs Angry

Despite the pilots fcuk up he still may have gotten away with it if he wasn't delayed on the approach to Medillin.

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Dec 2016 at 3:59pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Muff looks like the footballer spelt wrong now Shocked

meant to be Rea

Bloody autocorrect on phone
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:04pm
I don't like flying with dodgy airlines. That's why I rarely go to the likes of Macedonia. The amount of dodgy sh*te and lack of concern for safety is mindboggling in these backwaters.

Saw an air crash investigation about the Russian Ice Hockey team that were killed in a plane crash.
The pilot had a numb foot and leg FFS from diabetes and so had his foot on the brake without knowing while they were taking off and couldn't get the velocity they needed to get airborne. 
They couldn't give a bollix.  You can imagine the doctors testing him.  ''Ah sure he cant feel his legs. I don't give a fook. Not my problem.''

And you can imagine the pilot. Another clown.  ''Hmm I can't feel my legs but I don't give a sh*t if I might be dangerous to fly with because I want money. ''

You think we have dodgy ethics here...

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Dec 2016 at 4:07pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:06pm

ffs Angry

Despite the pilots fcuk up he still may have gotten away with it if he wasn't delayed on the approach to Medillin.

But also in sense it was his f**k up not too, escalate the gravity of his situation to ATC
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:07pm

ffs Angry

He didn't convey the urgency that was necessary, is what seems to be coming across from the recordings. Plus he was slightly evasive when asked how much longer he could still fly for, maybe trying to cover up his f**k-up and just get the plane on the ground no questions asked. If he'd been more urgent about it sooner, he may have been able to land it seems.

Edited by rolo - 02 Dec 2016 at 4:07pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

ffs Angry

He didn't convey the urgency that was necessary, is what seems to be coming across from the recordings. Plus he was slightly evasive when asked how much longer he could still fly for, maybe trying to cover up his f**k-up and just get the plane on the ground no questions asked. If he'd been more urgent about it sooner, he may have been able to land it seems.

Sid told me that he heard that there would be legal issues for him had he declared an emergency.  Appraently he owned the plane too.
Greedy little f**ker. Just shows you the amount of little scumbags there are out there.  He killed 70 odd people to save a few bob. Good man.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

ffs Angry

But also in sense it was his f**k up not too, escalate the gravity of his situation to ATC

I don't think anyone is blaming the ATC here
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 4:33pm
Oh no I wasn't blaming the ATC at all. Should've worded it better. Thumbs Up
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 6:16pm
Neither do I Rolo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic