You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bray Wanderers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:49pm
Very much so, volunteered this year off the pitch, put a decent amount of work in, travelled all over to do the social media, worked on commercial and sponsorship, only got told last night.

I'm from Wicklow, I support Bray, I'm not from f**king Cabinteely. Even worse they've no history, no fans etc. The statement from them was a joke as well, calling it 'excellent news' and that is was positive for volunteers, fans, players etc. 
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Brayo Vallacabo
Make this happen

ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Brayo Vallacabo
Make this happen

ClapClapClap

Bray Cabs

They leave the meter running and charge the fans per minutes attended.  Their fans will not want to go far in the cup though!

Edited by Trap junior - 26 Nov 2021 at 10:31pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Anything but the same name and people will walk away

is the name still unknown  ? 

I really really hope cabra hoop meant that,LOL
edit, just saw the other posts, bravo chClap

Edited by oldbilly - 26 Nov 2021 at 10:43pm
No Pasaran!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:45pm
gutted for the bray fans, it’s one of my favourite grounds to visit, a decent lot down there.
No Pasaran!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 2:07am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

gutted for the bray fans, it’s one of my favourite grounds to visit, a decent lot down there.

Totally agree. Compete joke if they change the name. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:47am
Rathdown Wanderers.  

Rathdown covers both the area in North Wicklow and in South Dublin. 

Tap into the DLR football community also 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:02pm
Owners goodwill is gone now after all our good players have gone to Longford with Cronin.

We're stuck with a dinosaur manager and players who finished 9th last season, fans are absolutely livid. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:40pm

Owners goodwill is gone now after all our good players have gone to Longford with Cronin.

We're stuck with a dinosaur manager and players who finished 9th last season, fans are absolutely livid. 

What fans? LOL
I love beer gardens
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:43pm
ah jaysus have a heart, we’ve all been there.
No Pasaran!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What fans? LOL

Fairly needless.

Averaging 1k+ a match for a good while now, outside of the lockdown stoppages, but sure so be it, needless dig regardless. 

Edited by nvidic - 23 Dec 2021 at 8:02pm
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 9:31pm
1k a match down there is more than shams were getting, and when they were up and struggling they had no more. Pats hardcore would struggle to get it and shels nowhere near.Bohs showed a few years back when the chips were down and we almost went tits up the willing few was 2k, Bray are doing ok. Or were till Devlin got back anyway. Hopefully it turns out ok.
No Pasaran!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

What fans? LOL

Fairly needless.

Averaging 1k+ a match for a good while now, outside of the lockdown stoppages, but sure so be it, needless dig regardless. 

Oh will you grow a pair of balls. LOI clubs seem to take turns being a jokeshop (bar dundalk who are a constant jokeshop).

This merger basically implied that both bray and cabo are totally insignificant clubs. I can't get my head around it at all. It reminds me of the junkies/ St Francis merger 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:21pm
I'd never have a go at a club or its fans when it's their turn to be in the sh*t precisely because of that, we all know what it's like and wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

Remember being bottom of the league and going down and a Dundalk fan laughing and saying look at where you are in the league, had some cut at him, all aboard the bandwagon. I doubt he went last season. 

Merger was purely because Niall O'Driscoll wanted to sell and rang Tony Richardson to buy, simple as. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

1k a match down there is more than shams were getting, and when they were up and struggling they had no more. Pats hardcore would struggle to get it and shels nowhere near.Bohs showed a few years back when the chips were down and we almost went tits up the willing few was 2k, Bray are doing ok. Or were till Devlin got back anyway. Hopefully it turns out ok.

Yeah, shame this has happened when it has, crowds were the best in over a decade, locals and more importantly kids and fmakkes had bought in and were showing up. Over 1k in for dead runners - not bad going. Squad was decent enough, had a young manager. All gone a bit it tits up now. Not sure I'll buy a season ticket, might just pay per game, think this owner will get fed up and leave soon enough. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:36pm

I'd never have a go at a club or its fans when it's their turn to be in the sh*t precisely because of that, we all know what it's like and wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

I'd certainly wish it on supporters of loads of clubs, but that's just me! And I laugh my head off when I see certain clubs being in the s***

Your explanation re the merger explained nothing. Makes zero sense, I'm missing something obviously 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I'd certainly wish it on supporters of loads of clubs, but that's just me! And I laugh my head off when I see certain clubs being in the s***

Your explanation re the merger explained nothing. Makes zero sense, I'm missing something obviously 

Only reason the clubs merged is that the owner wanted to sell and the first person he rang was the Cabo chairman. It wasn't done for footballing reasons really, was just a retiree wanting to sell up and knowing a willing buyer. 

Cabo had previously talked to 4/5 clubs about merging, including three in the Premier division now, so it was known they were keen for a merger with anyone or anyone.

I get your point about it showing them both as insignificant, was never delusional to think Bray were anything but a small regional club, but we weren't at Cabo's level either. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2021 at 3:49pm
Eh it was a joke. You know funny ha ha.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
  Share Topic