You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 6:53am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Has there ever been a boxing promoter that wasn't a **** though? 
No probably not, but not too many who were at the same time destroying communities in their home town with poison and ordering murders, including innocent people on a rew occasions. This f**ker is a serious threat to society and should be sitting in a cell.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 9:40am
The problem is, if it wasn't him it would be someone else. Now, that doesn't mean that I think he should be allowed become the next Barry Hearn without mention, quite the opposite, but the selling of drugs, which leads to the murders, is a societal issue that will always be there.
People like drugs and have always like drugs. Ireland has been ravaged by alcohol for centuries and everyone there is crying for the pubs to reopen and going as far as having a van come and pouring pints at the front door. Can you imagine the gangland wars if they made pints illegal?
Decriminalise everything, as Portugal has, with very few negative effects, but many positive ones, and legalise things that are widespread anyway. May as well be making tax money from it.
Unfortunately, this is too logically radical for many. I would imagine the calls to Joe Duffy would go through the roof and there would be drunk men on high stools the country over crying about the damage it would do.

Personally, I would be far more upset that it's in Saudi Arabia again
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:00am
What’s in Saudi Arabia? Is there something happening there?

I wouldn’t be writing off a knockout artist or an excellent inside fighter
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:03am
Unofficial reports say that it will be fought there and, financially, they will blow everyone else out of the water as the last fight was a very successful piece of sports washing.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:08am
You've missed what I said yesterday.
There's 3 mandatory fights which have to happen before that fight can be sanctioned.

I've read about it being in Saudi too but the timeline of it being confirmed won't even be this year!

They're talking about holding Fury v Wilder 3 in Australia on Xmas Day
which means he has 36 days to fight Dillian Whyte otherwise the belt goes to him and his stock goes to zero.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:09am
No confirmation that the fight will be in Saudi - But nobody will be able to match the money they will put up for hosting the fight.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

There's 3 mandatory fights which have to happen before that fight can be sanctioned.

I've read about it being in Saudi too but the timeline of it being confirmed won't even be this year!

which means he has 36 days to fight Dillian Whyte otherwise the belt goes to him and his stock goes to zero.

I think everybody is aware that other fights need to be held first. Nobody is saying it is definitely happening. I was wrong to assume that this was obvious.

Surely Fury won't fight on his saviour's birthday?

Edited by pre Madonna - 11 Jun 2020 at 10:21am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:15am

You can ignore the Dillian Whyte fight - Won't be a factor here. Joshua v Pulev and Fury v Wilder are the only fights that will end up happening before Joshua v Fury (assuming both win).
And I still reckon Fury v Wilder 3 ends up back in Vegas.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You can ignore the Dillian Whyte fight - Won't be a factor here. Joshua v Pulev and Fury v Wilder are the only fights that will end up happening before Joshua v Fury (assuming both win).

It is the biggest factor. There is a strict mandatory challenge in place that Whyte must receive a fight by February 1st 2021 otherwise he gets the belt, so even if Wilder won back the belt he would then have to fight Whyte within 36 days.

Dillan's gone through some bullsh*t with false positive drug tests but it's ending quite nicely for him that there's absolutely no window where they can get a break from having to fight him - Bob Arum's already tried paying him off to withdraw his mandatory status and said no.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:24am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It is the biggest factor. There is a strict mandatory challenge in place that Whyte must receive a fight by February 1st 2021 otherwise he gets the belt, so even if Wilder won back the belt he would then have to fight Whyte within 36 days.

Dillan's gone through some bullsh*t with false positive drug tests but it's ending quite nicely for him that there's absolutely no window where they can get a break from having to fight him - Bob Arum's already tried paying him off to withdraw his mandatory status and said no.

Here is why it doesn't matter:

- How long has Whyte been ranked as number 1 by the WBC? How close has he got to fighting for the title up till this point? I could nearly rest my case on this point alone. WBC don't care about Whyte.

- Who promotes Whyte? Who promotes Joshua? Matchroom stand to make so much money off this fight that some of that money will be kicked Whyte's way if needed

- If Fury threaten's to vacate the title before the AJ fight because the WBC are trying to make him fight Whyte, do you think the WBC will stand back, watch him do it and the do without their $250,00 sanctioning fee? I think not. 

- Get ready for a WBC regular champion and a WBC franchise champion. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:27am
You're probably correct on the last point!

But Dillan has been #1 contender for donkeys now, he had that false positive drug test which made the WBC revoke his mandatory status, it was only very recently they reinstated it but he has always been #2 on the rankings!

Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 1:27pm

Not being nitpicky, but I read it as the fight on their Boxing/Stephens day, so do you mean having it on our Xmas day? or their Xmas day and our Xmas eve?
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
Completely forgot about Joshua having a mandatory against Usyk also.
WBO aren’t happy with the prospect of holding up the division which has thrown a spanner in the works.

I feel like there’s too many complications for the unification fight to happen anytime soon, they both have 2 mandatories each, just fight them and the reward will be the lottery fight in Saudi.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 9:41pm

Completely forgot about Joshua having a mandatory against Usyk also.
WBO aren’t happy with the prospect of holding up the division which has thrown a spanner in the works.

I feel like there’s too many complications for the unification fight to happen anytime soon, they both have 2 mandatories each, just fight them and the reward will be the lottery fight in Saudi.
WBO mandatory comes after the IBF Mandatory (Pulev) and the champion gets a voluntary in between so no issue.

Honestly, you can be full sure if both with their next fights, they will fight next after that. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 10:26pm
Again you’re probably right but it was a direct quote from this afternoon the WBO want to see the mandatory fight before the undisputed.

WBO aren’t exactly known for patience either 

Edited by coyne - 11 Jun 2020 at 10:27pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 11:33pm
Enjoyed the read about Wanheng Menayothin, the Thai Boxer who retired with a record of 54-0

The problem is all of his fights were against either journeymen or bury the hopes of prospects.

His last fight was against someone with a record of 6-44 LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 6:32pm
Mike Tyson to fight Roy Jones Jnr in an exhibition fight on the 12th September in LA

Jesus Wept

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Jul 2020 at 6:42pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 7:58pm
Seen this, didn't bother talking about it because it's 2 blokes with the combined age of 105 fighting only 8 rounds with 12 oz gloves, back in their primes they used 8oz's  LOL

Ryan Garcia supposedly fighting Artem Lobov as the co-main also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 251>
  Share Topic