You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 251>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 5:43am
Like I said. Not by impressive on the casual eyes but technically 1 of the all time greats.

A freak of nature.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 5:59am
The corner made the right decision. Wilder was in a bad way, blood coming from the ear is never a good sight. 

Fury upped it big time from the first fight, you could see the training & small changes they made worked. Great to see Andy Lee so prominent in his set up. 

Edited by 9fingers - 23 Feb 2020 at 5:59am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:05am
After 3 rounds, Wilder looked like he'd fought 12 he looked that tired. His balance is bad at the best of times so he was always going to struggle with the burst ear drum.

Great game plan and execution by Fury and his team.

Wilder has 30 days to demand a rematch.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:06am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The corner made the right decision. Wilder was in a bad way, blood coming from the ear is never a good sight. 

Fury upped it big time from the first fight, you could see the training & small changes they made worked. Great to see Andy Lee so prominent in his set up. 

Without a doubt, plenty of other big pay days ahead of him.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:40am
Wilder would be crazy to demand an immediate rematch. Has to take time off, flatten a few cans and then come back swinging.

Hearn can't weasel himself out of the Fury fight anymore. He doesn't give a sh*t about UK fans either only money so will try and get the oil diggers to pay up and do everything to get the fight on there. Would be a crime if its not in Wembley. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:48am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Wilder would be crazy to demand an immediate rematch. Has to take time off, flatten a few cans and then come back swinging.

Hearn can't weasel himself out of the Fury fight anymore. He doesn't give a sh*t about UK fans either only money so will try and get the oil diggers to pay up and do everything to get the fight on there. Would be a crime if its not in Wembley. 

He can and he can't - Whyte is the mandatory challenger under Hearn's stable so you're technically right but not under the impression you're hoping for.

I read an article there was a rematch clause for a 3rd fight but that's never been confirmed.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:50am
What a display from fury. He had an answer for everything, Wilder did not. I actually had a concern for wilder’s health watching that. His team did the right thing throwing in the towel in the 7th, although he sounded ok after the fight.

Gyspy king, what a bloody legend. Great post-fight as well, he is box office 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:17am
His team said no busted ear drum and it was a small cut on the ear. He was wobbling because he was rocked. Fury smashed him. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:20am
Fury is only 31 so could dominate the division for a number of years....IF he wants too and only he will decide.

They need to take a break before Fury v Wilder #3 which I’m sure will happen. I’d like to see Fury take on AJ first.

I think Joshua has a much better chance v Wilder tho.
Be good to see this fight too. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:31am
There's zero chance of Whyte taking a money fight in place of his challenger spot.

Even Fury labelled Whyte as Hearn's puppet bitch for taking easier fights instead of rematching AJ which he's been entitled to in the past.

More interestingly Pulev is managed by Top Rank (same promoter as Fury) if the unthinkable happens then every Heavyweight belt will be gone from Hearn's stable, what a scenario LOL

Edited by coyne - 23 Feb 2020 at 9:32am
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:31am
Super performance from Fury, literally boxed the ears off Wilder. He beats Joshua now for me and I wouldn't have said that a few years back. He's very good technically even though he looks awkward. Echo the props for Andy Lee's involvement in the set up. That performance had the great Manny Steward's fingerprints all over it. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:22pm
https://twitter.com/KingOfContacts/status/1231473875030024193

Listen to the thud when the punch connects, headache for days man Dead
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:46am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What a display from fury. He had an answer for everything, Wilder did not. I actually had a concern for wilder’s health watching that. His team did the right thing throwing in the towel in the 7th, although he sounded ok after the fight.

Gyspy king, what a bloody legend. Great post-fight as well, he is box office 

I've always gotten the impression that his head trainer (Jays Deas) was a complete and utter spoofer and yesterday confirmed. He's criticising the assistant (Marc Breland) for throwing in the towel, which everyone else seems to be in agreement that it was the right thing to do. No need for Wilder to take any more unnecessary punishment.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Fury is only 31 so could dominate the division for a number of years....IF he wants too and only he will decide.

They need to take a break before Fury v Wilder #3 which I’m sure will happen. I’d like to see Fury take on AJ first.

Fury has two more fights then he is finished with boxing I believe
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Fury has two more fights then he is finished with boxing I believe
3 left as part of his contract. Rematch, Joshua & one other probably
OTB AM had a good interview with Andy Lee this morning
Some people just deserve a slap
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:12pm
WBC title holder has until February 2021 to fight Dillian Whyte regardless when it was won etc. 

Joshua has 2 mandatory fights against Pulev and Uysk - The latter Hearn is keen to avoid as he'll probably fold Joshua in half.

Fury has 3 fights on his contract, a possible rematch clause with Wilder if he exercises it and a mandatory against Whyte.

Unless alot of hush money is paid off for the #1 challengers to drop their mandatory challenges, timeframe wise Fury v Joshua won't happen until Fall 2021.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

WBC title holder has until February 2021 to fight Dillian Whyte regardless when it was won etc. 

Joshua has 2 mandatory fights against Pulev and Uysk - The latter Hearn is keen to avoid as he'll probably fold Joshua in half.

Fury has 3 fights on his contract, a possible rematch clause with Wilder if he exercises it and a mandatory against Whyte.

Unless alot of hush money is paid off for the #1 challengers to drop their mandatory challenges, timeframe wise Fury v Joshua won't happen until Fall 2021.

Fury said in an interview I was listening to earlier that he will do two more this year and one at the start of next year. The interview was from before the fight though not sure if that makes a difference.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

, timeframe wise Fury v Joshua won't happen until Fall 2021.

OK, thanks Teddy Atlas

Edited by heighway2heaven - 24 Feb 2020 at 3:23pm
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 251>
  Share Topic