You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 252>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:54am
Fair play Coyne, pity about the KO but take it on the chin and bounce back.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 5:03pm
Oh man, diagnosis for me is a severely battered ego and a huge dose of embarrassment 
I refuse to go out in public much until I'm back from Ibiza it was that bad LOL
If I decide to go for a walk while I'm in Ibiza, do I record it this time?

People are suggesting I need to do another charity fight when it's on in September, might have to drop down from Heavyweight for that LOL

Edited by coyne - 16 Jun 2019 at 5:04pm
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 5:49pm
Fair play for giving it a go. Is there a video?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:50pm
There is but it’s one of those things which is gonna stay unseen. Even I can’t bring myself to watch it, getting KOed infront of 950 people is bad enough 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:26pm
Gwan coyner ya legend, chin up (or when in the ring again tucked in) absolutely no disgrace in raising money for a great cause, respect from the doc
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:04pm
Fury has the movement of Mayweather and Anderson silva. He's some operator for a man so tall. Good singer too. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 2:46pm
Fair play to Coyne for lacing them up and having a go.

Still not full sold on him as a person and still not fully sold on his ability but Tyson Fury going full-on Apollo Creed cracked me up!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 3:27pm
Hard luck Coyne.

Was it a proper knock out or did ref step in to save you from further damage?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Fair play to Coyne for lacing them up and having a go.

Still not full sold on him as a person and still not fully sold on his ability but Tyson Fury going full-on Apollo Creed cracked me up!
Everything about the man amuses me, especially the facial expressions.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Hard luck Coyne.

Was it a proper knock out or did ref step in to save you from further damage?

Head Coach said it was a premature stoppage but said I got the tactics badly wrong. Got knocked down fairly but saw red and went apesh*t. 

In a nutshell, I had an absolute mare.

We've had a chat today and discussed things regarding Mental Health, he knows my background and he's very educated in it so he's basically said instead of feeling embarrassed/regretting going apesh*t, get yourself to Ibiza, come back to the Boxing Gym and we work on the mental aspects of Boxing, in other words, not going apesh*t - an offer I've accepted. 

I do plan on going back in the ring to correct my mistakes, probably looking at August or do the Charity gig in September Thumbs Up

The referee was Spencer Alton, Joe Calzaghe's 3rd ever opponent - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Calzaghe

He even said he was prepared to let the fight flow but soon as you lost your temper someone was getting hurt 

Edited by coyne - 17 Jun 2019 at 11:20pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:08am
So basically you lost the fight because you started on your opponent? LOL Great work.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:19am
Who mentioned anything about starting on him?

I pretty much went toe to toe with the lad, which I'd won but the referee was unhappy with the antics so he stopped it.

As I said Coach disagrees with it but it was just a complete lack of discipline and composure on my part.

I dropped a bollock getting knocked down in the first place, dropped another bollock losing me mind and got punished for both so yeah it hurts.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:31am
Maybe its just me Coyner, but the impression you gave off initially was that you got battered resulting in a KO. Thats a bit different from holding your own albeit with a knock down, landing a few yourself before losing the plot and being technically KOd. 

As I said, could be me just misreading but thats what i. Taking form it.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:35am
Yeah people are confused Coyne - there's only one thing for it: release the video! Big smile
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:41am
Was just in a dark negative place Sham. 

Trained for 3 month going from 12 stone to 14.3 stone just to lose concentration which resulted in a complete mental collapse. 

It’s a very tough situation. Can’t be losing concentration in Boxing and you can’t be losing your rag in Boxing, learned it the hard way so its time to go away and work on the mental aspects in the game

I'm brave enough to show the moment where my concentration collapsed Deadhttps://i.imgur.com/uZ4Aba8.jpg

Edited by coyne - 18 Jun 2019 at 10:45am
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Trained for 3 month going from 12 stone to 14.3 stone just to lose concentration which resulted in a complete mental collapse. 

It’s a very tough situation. Can’t be losing concentration in Boxing and you can’t be losing your rag in Boxing, learned it the hard way so its time to go away and work on the mental aspects in the game

I'm brave enough to show the moment where my concentration collapsed Deadhttps://i.imgur.com/uZ4Aba8.jpg

that's what happens when you give up walking 70km a day
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

that's what happens when you give up walking 70km a day
LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:43pm

You've only been doing it a few months, you haven't been in a situation where you've been clipped and have experience on how to deal with it and react.  You didnt behave how you maybe should have but now you have the experience so can remember it for the future. Do exactly as your boxing coach has said and go enjoy yourself in ibiza and come back and go again. You'll be much better placed for the grudge rematch Clap 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 252>
  Share Topic