You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 251>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 11:42pm
Power doesn't matter at all if you can't actually hit the bloke....

Povetekin had 1 game plan and that was run in, hook, run back out and tbf it was working to massive success. But it was always going to be a case of developing a timing sense of when he's going to next do it, which is when you need a plan B.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

i think a rematch with dillian white would be interesting. White has defo improved since the 1st fight. No doubt. I think he could trouble him again.

Agree. Would be a blockbuster imo. Heavyweight division so great again
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 1:22pm
How is Tyson Fury getting along with his comeback?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:03pm
Hasn't left 1st gear in his recent fights. Date set with Wilder for 1st December. Wouldn't hold my breath on it happening though.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 2:47pm

I was at a wedding yesterday so was only able to watch a stream on the phone. Band was on as well so had no commentary. 

Way I saw it was first round close but would have given it to Povetkin. Second round Povetkin. Third round close again but probably Povetkin. Round 4 AJ. Round 5 Povetkin. Round 6 AJ and he was taking control by then. Can easily see how people could have had it 3 all or 4-2 either way although think giving AJ both one and three would have been generous. 

Think AJ was waiting for Povetkin to tire a bit. For all that he got caught and shaken a couple of times, I don't think he was in trouble. His guard was down the entire fight essentially encouraging 

Povetkin to be aggressive and expend energy. The accidental clash of heads definitely helped him but as soon as he saw Povetkin slow a bit he moved in for the kill. Had AJ down for ko in 7/8/9 so happy enough it panned out how it did. 

AJ is by no means a perfect fighter but his flaws make his fights far more watchable than Fury's flaws make his. 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 3:11pm
Interesting interview on sportsweek on 5 live this morning with Frank Warren trying to force a commitment out  of Barry Hearn that Joshua would fight the winner of Wilder/fury. It ended with Barry Hearn saying he'd been ambushed, 5 live were a disgrace and he'd never appear on it again.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 9:49pm
Impressive performance from Callum Smith! Far too powerful for Groves.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Impressive performance from Callum Smith! Far too powerful for Groves.

Hard to believe he nearly beat Froch only a few years ago. How many defeats is that now since then?

Just looked it up. Not as many as I thought (3 including Froch rematch) and Froch I was 5 years ago! 🤔

Edited by Lenny82 - 28 Sep 2018 at 10:50pm
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:01am
Anyone see the Wilder footage yet? On a talk show promoting the fight and the plan must've been to jovially strike the mascot...but hits him with a very stiff right and breaks hus jaw.

Poor fella in the suit. Stupidity on the part of Wilder. Surely he must've realised how hard he was hitting him, and the fact that the guy in the  mascot costume doesn't have much of a peripheral view...
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Anyone see the Wilder footage yet? On a talk show promoting the fight and the plan must've been to jovially strike the mascot...but hits him with a very stiff right and breaks hus jaw.

Poor fella in the suit. Stupidity on the part of Wilder. Surely he must've realised how hard he was hitting him, and the fact that the guy in the  mascot costume doesn't have much of a peripheral view...

The WBA have now got the mascot ranked at Number 9 in their latest rankings !
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:16am
Wilder said he's not even sure if there was someone in the costume. It was very obvious that someone was in the costume LOL

Has offered him tickets to his next fight. I'd imagine the mascot will be looking for something a bit more lucrative than that as a pay-off.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:21am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Wilder said he's not even sure if there was someone in the costume. It was very obvious that someone was in the costume LOL

Has offered him tickets to his next fight. I'd imagine the mascot will be looking for something a bit more lucrative than that as a pay-off.
LOL ffs, he must be having early onset brain damage if he thinks there was no one in the costume! 

The mascot better milk this for cash alright. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:17am
LOL Just seen the footage, Jesus he puts some force into that punch
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:24pm
Anyone got a link to this clip?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:40pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm
Couldn’t stop watching it this morning, really made my monday
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 6:18am
Disappointing loss for Burnett against Donaire. I wonder how serious of an injury it is, reminded me of Darren Barker's one a few years ago.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 11:18pm
Frochs scoring so far LOL

Edited by 9fingers - 10 Nov 2018 at 11:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 251>
  Share Topic