You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 252>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:35pm
Poor Brendan Ingle. Sad to hear that.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:04pm
Cheers Rossie, will try to give it the timepiece or a clock or whatever the irritating expression is!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:12pm
Carl Framptons case against Barry McGuigan to be heard in Belfast. On a side note Frampton is being represented by high profile Sinn Fein politician John Finucane
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:35pm
Tyson fury on now on BT Sport if you have no life like me Smile
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:20pm
Bit of an odd end. Still think he can cause havoc in this division. Looked very overweight but no doubt will have 2 or 3 more quick fights before a show down with AJ in 6-12 months.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:26pm
joke of a mismatch fught. Fury would have gained nothing out of that other than another Win on his record. I still think if joshua hit Fury flush with one of his power punches or dug a huge body puch into him he would go diwn like a sack of spuds. Cannot see any way he beats Joshua IMO.
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

joke of a mismatch fught. Fury would have gained nothing out of that other than another Win on his record. I still think if joshua hit Fury flush with one of his power punches or dug a huge body puch into him he would go diwn like a sack of spuds. Cannot see any way he beats Joshua IMO.

I can’t see how you could draw any conclusion from that fight. The entire first round was messing, laughing, dancing. And half of the third was spent trying to get a look at what was going on in the crowd. Nuts. 
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

I can’t see how you could draw any conclusion from that fight. The entire first round was messing, laughing, dancing. And half of the third was spent trying to get a look at what was going on in the crowd. Nuts. 
i said fury would have gained nothing from it. Im not basing my conclusion from that farce. If they ever fight joshua will beat fury i have no doubt in my mind anyway.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 12:17am
Don't think it is a banker for Joshua and Joshua probably wants to avoid it for as long as he can.

Would have been no shame losing to Klitshcko. Would be no shame losing to Wilder.

Joshua has mainly fought fat men and bums his whole career. Had he lost to Parker, the whole panto would have come falling down. Joshua was so conservative that night for fear of getting caught out with a clanger.

If Fury keeps a clear head and gets himself fit, Joshua won't want to fight him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 9:27am

Fury's walk on was decent I have to say. From there on it was farcical. Took his top off and he has still plenty of weight to lose, he'd struggle against any half decent heavyweight in that sort of shape.

Kissed his opponent when they were squaring up.
Didn't throw a punch for the full first round.
Danced around and acted the eejit.
Stopped to respond to a shout from the crowd telling him to "stop f**king around"
Stopped to watch a fight in the crowd.

I don't agree with much of what Adrian Durham says on Talksport but he made a good point yesterday, how can we take Fury serious when he wont even take himself serious.

Wilder v Joshua is on apparently.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Jun 2018 at 9:27am
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 4:07pm
Fury on the undercard for Framptoms next fight in Windsor Park
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:00pm
any good streams for whyte v parker?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

any good streams for whyte v parker?

Ripple.is has been good for me for other PPV. Don't see it on it yet though just checked
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:24am
Can't believe that a card like tonight was ppv. A lot of average fighters. These type of fights would have been on UTV back in the day with only a handful of people watching it.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Can't believe that a card like tonight was ppv. A lot of average fighters. These type of fights would have been on UTV back in the day with only a handful of people watching it.

I agree, but there was more value for money out of that card tonight than a lot of the bigger nights that have gone on box office recently. Chisora-Takam was an amazing fight.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm
It was a poor card but some very entertaining fights .

Parker should be ashamed of himself for letting Whyte beat him.A fight he should be winning all day long.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 6:21pm
Worth reading up on Kristian Laight. I had a right giggle but you gotta give mad respect to him

Fought his 300th pro fight over the weekend, with 279 losses - But has only been stopped 5 times LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Worth reading up on Kristian Laight. I had a right giggle but you gotta give mad respect to him

Fought his 300th pro fight over the weekend, with 279 losses - But has only been stopped 5 times LOL

I heard of this lad a while back.He did an interview with some podcast.

Nothing to laugh about,the lad is doing damage to himself for a pittance and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have serious health issues down then line.
He is basically a punching bag and if the rules were followed,this lad wouldnt have a license and there is plenty of similar lads over the years.

Brilliant book about the scene a few years back called Journeymen.Well worth checking out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 252>
  Share Topic