You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 251>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Is the hype and following of The Jackal died down or is it the fact that SByrne is not on here constantly going on about the chap ? 
  He'll soon be known as THE JACKASS
He will never take your title believe me

LOL

Doc Clap
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Is the hype and following of The Jackal died down or is it the fact that SByrne is not on here constantly going on about the chap ? 

I don't understand why there isn't more hype. Not often we have an Irish World Champion. Seems like a very down to earth guy too.

Not sure why ? Does he claim to be Irish or Norn Ire ? Not that it makes a difference but you have Katie Taylor and she is a world champion and is adored by the Irish and has more of a hype than him and is a female dominating in a predominantly male sport (i know she is not fighting males) but most boxing fans are male 

Frampton is from Tiger Bay so obviously has an cultural affinity with the North. He's also proudly boxed under the tricolour, been pictured in Antrim GAA colours and been vocal in his support for them and in his sense of Irishness. I think he's a great example for people from Unionist backgrounds in recognising their Irishness 

He's been recognised significantly down here in terms of sports person of the year nominations etc. Lower profile now because he lost his world titles and is rebuilding. Good performance last night, hopefully he's moved beyond the out of ring issues. I'm a big fan of his, really want to see him fight Santa Cruz and finish the trilogy. 
And his bird is from Poleglass

Out of interest, his new trainer Jamie Moore was a former Irish middleweight champion on the granny rule, very proud of his roots. 

Had a pint and a good chat with Moore a few years ago. A very sound dude and extremely proud of his heritage . 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

He'll soon be known as THE JACKASS
He will never take your title believe me

LOLLOL

On fire today Doc Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:45am
Well done to Frampton and Khan.
Khan will batter that Kell Brook when they meet. Hope it happens in Summer!

I also see 'Problem' Broner continues to be the worlds biggest as.shole!  His homophobic slurs are out there again!! 

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:36pm
Joshua v Wilder looks set for the last quarter of the year Date to be confirmed  . Joshua taking 50m purse
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:48am

Joshua v Wilder looks set for the last quarter of the year Date to be confirmed  . Joshua taking 50m purse

I'm not sure that Wilder's offer is serious. I doubt they have $50 Million dollars they can produce up front. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:10pm
I know next week's Gary Spike O'Sullivan fight is on ESPN 2 in the USA, anyone know if it's available on an Irish or UK tv station?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:54pm
Serious lack of coverage for Katie Taylor's unification tonight. It's on SS Action.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Serious lack of coverage for Katie Taylor's unification tonight. It's on SS Action.
Yes a very strange low key build up
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Barely a mention of it. Straightforward decision win? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 7:25pm
Decision win anyway, not sure about her ability to ko opponents. Has enough class to outpoint them though.

Hopefully Jacobs win and it sets up a fight with Charlo.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm
Taylor's opponent has won all 22 fights so far by decision, must have no punching power at all! Pity it's not on Sky.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Taylor's opponent has won all 22 fights so far by decision, must have no punching power at all! Pity it's not on Sky.

Definitely heard something on sky sports news about this fight been shown later tonight from 2am so would check schedule 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:31pm

It is on Sky
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

It is on Sky

Good stuff, knew it was on the Jacobs undercard but heard it wasn't being shown live.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

It is on Sky
Is it on sky? Big smile And if so what time? 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:12pm
Main Event and SS Mix (the free one). Coverage starts 2am.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Main Event and SS Mix (the free one). Coverage starts 2am.
cheers 
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 251>
  Share Topic