You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 252>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Mick Conlan switches trainers. Adam Booth is a good move for him IMO. That's him and Jason Quigley moving back this side.

Randomly found an RTE Doc on One podcast about Michael Gomez by Bernard Dunne. Well worth listening to.

Who had the bright idea of putting Bernard Dunne on the radio?

Haha when I seen he was doing it I wasn't expecting much but it was decent enough.

How do subtitles work on the radio?

Heard it one Sunday evening on the Doc on 1. Very good actually. The battles that Gomez lad had with alcohol. Tough upbringing and had a few bad breaks.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:34pm
I wasn't questioning the validity of having a documentary on him, more that having someone who is very difficult to understand presenting it, on radio, of all platforms, might undermine its success a little.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Mick Conlan switches trainers. Adam Booth is a good move for him IMO. That's him and Jason Quigley moving back this side.

Randomly found an RTE Doc on One podcast about Michael Gomez by Bernard Dunne. Well worth listening to.

Who had the bright idea of putting Bernard Dunne on the radio?

Haha when I seen he was doing it I wasn't expecting much but it was decent enough.

How do subtitles work on the radio?

Heard it one Sunday evening on the Doc on 1. Very good actually. The battles that Gomez lad had with alcohol. Tough upbringing and had a few bad breaks.

His fight against Alex Arthur is on YouTube - Definitely worth a watch. Was a big Gomez fan myself so remember watching it at the time. Amazing that he won that given what we know now was going on in the background. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm

I wasn't questioning the validity of having a documentary on him, more that having someone who is very difficult to understand presenting it, on radio, of all platforms, might undermine its success a little.

Dunne actually speaks quite well on it, aside from the speech impediment he has.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:58pm
Listened to that doc about Gomez a while back. It's excellent, Dunne does an OK job on it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Couldn't believe it when he said he was drinking a bottle of whiskey a night up to 10 days before a fight. I had never heard of the incident which led to the fellas death. It seems like Gomez had his demons anyway prior to that, but that definitely pushed him over the edge.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm

Dunne actually speaks quite well on it, aside from the speech impediment he has.

I never even realised he had an impediment, I've just never understood a word when He has been on the television.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 12:01pm
GGG/Alvarez rematch is on May 5th.

Immense day of boxing it will be with Haye Bellew 2 on earlier in the night
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:54pm
Groves v Eubank this weekend should be a good fight.
I think Groves has a really good chance, 5/1 by decision is a cracking price imo.

Will do win at 7/4 as well.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Should be good alright. Groves is always entertaining to watch, and you could never tire of seeing the smugness wiped from Eubanks Jr's face. When was the last time a big British boxer was consistently shown on ITV? Calzaghe?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm

Should be good alright. Groves is always entertaining to watch, and you could never tire of seeing the smugness wiped from Eubanks Jr's face. When was the last time a big British boxer was consistently shown on ITV? Calzaghe?

They showed a good few Khan fights before he went to sky. After the Olympics for maybe 3 years. Calzaghe was shown a fair bit as well.
I'd be thinking the last time a British boxer got a lot of coverage on ITV was early 90s with Eubank.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:28pm
It's part of the World Boxing Super Series, a tournament organised by Sauerland Promotions and Golden Boy promotions. 

It hasn't been done since 2011 which is probably why we haven't seen a fighter on ITV regularly for ages. 
The fact a fight in the semi finals has generated a sell out and alot of PPV buys probably means this'll be a yearly thing from now on.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:35pm
Afaik Golden boy aren't involved it's Schaefer.

Edited by rossieman - 15 Feb 2018 at 11:38pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm
This on any other channel other than ITV??
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 8:50pm
What the f**k is ITV box office?

This is first time I've seen you can't get the fight on normal telly
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 10:47pm
Naseem Hamed looks like the annoying fella from the GoCompare adverts nowadays
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:03pm
Eubank is as brainless a boxer as you’ll ever see.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:05pm
A pathetic display from Eubank. No skill or plan to him. Like a fella brawling in the street.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 252>
  Share Topic