You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

The Black Rose is a good spot. The tours are great, very walk able city. Dorchester and South Boston I'd avoid.

Why?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Black Rose is a good spot. The tours are great, very walk able city. Dorchester and South Boston I'd avoid.

Why?

They are kips full of sh*t pubs full of counts.

Edited by drog addict - 16 Feb 2023 at 10:42am
Chips don't bounce
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:53am

Why?

Dorchester the town itself isn’t that nice.

Besides, there’s nothing to see in it really although it covers a big area

My favourite pub in the city was either Hennessys or the Dubliner anyways

But it’s a nice city with plenty to do

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 4:13am
I assume Baseball season is still on then? Make sure you get to Fenway for a game if it is.

Sissy K's above the Roisin dubh is a great spot for the young ones but if it's a family holiday then maybe not.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:31pm
We're playing Boston tomorrow. I'll ask some of their fans.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 1:54pm
What’s the story re entry into US 

Is it still ESTA with a fully up to date vac  cert 

You font need to test before you go do you ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 2:12pm
From what I make put its ESTA and proof you were fully vaccinated. No need for a booster 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 2:55pm
They didn't ask for vac cert last time I was over back in October but make sure your ESTA is still valid and bring a papercopy of your vac cert just encase. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 3:09pm
cheers lads 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 1:47pm
going over to Boston on a work trip in May, the office is next to TD Gardens and we've been told to stay in and around there if possible, is that handy to areas with decent bars and restaurants? 

probably won't have much free time outside of the evenings so would like to be staying somewhere I can dander about easily if possible 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

going over to Boston on a work trip in May, the office is next to TD Gardens and we've been told to stay in and around there if possible, is that handy to areas with decent bars and restaurants? 

probably won't have much free time outside of the evenings so would like to be staying somewhere I can dander about easily if possible 

You can walk from the Garden to Faneuil Hall, for example, in 15 mins so the location where you are staying is fine. 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 4:42pm

You are basically in the city centre and could walk to numerous bars and restaurants within 10 to 20 minutes. Some alright bars in your doorstep too.
Chips don't bounce
Piskin View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 12:17am
Irish Pub in North Quincy is a good spot to watch a game, great fish & chips as well. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 3:11pm

Good chance of the Celtics having a home playoff game when you are there then. If I were you I'd try to go, it's a great night out. You'll want to get your ticket on ticketmaster as close to the game as possible. The closer to the game, the cheaper the ticket will be - is a good rule of thumb. TD Garden look for passport as a form of ID when serving alcohol to foreigners so just something to be aware of.

For quick bites, I would recommend Regina Pizzeria, which is about a 10 minute walk away from TD Garden. Great pizza in here. I'd also recommend Paulis which is a really good sandwich spot about 15 minutes walk away from TD Garden. It's as good a spot as any to try a Lobster Roll but their other sandwiches are unbelievable.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:00pm
Good spot this.

Got the train to Andrew and walked around Dorchester and South Boston on the Sunday morning. Loads of open bars with music, savage food and cocktails all round. Looked a great place to be.

Stopped off for a curer and some lunch.

The price of everything in Boston is very expensive. Paying close to 15e for a beer in some places. 375e a night in the hotel too.

Great craic in the Harpoon brewery tour - 5$ in and you just go out back and drink as many small glasses of beers as you can in 30 mins.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:26pm

Good spot this.

Got the train to Andrew and walked around Dorchester and South Boston on the Sunday morning. Loads of open bars with music, savage food and cocktails all round. Looked a great place to be.

Stopped off for a curer and some lunch.

The price of everything in Boston is very expensive. Paying close to 15e for a beer in some places. 375e a night in the hotel too.

Great craic in the Harpoon brewery tour - 5$ in and you just go out back and drink as many small glasses of beers as you can in 30 mins.

How many did you get in?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic