You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boozers closing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I had a horror rollover session in The Chancery last year. I've too many miles on the clock for that carry on. Suffered for days after. Great craic at the time of course. 

I was in there early one morning dying and the below song was playing.  One of the auld fellas was sound enough to tell me who the singer was. Have to say the song totally suited the quiet mood in there. It was actually very quiet in there that morning. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Padraig Pearse on Pearse St. still a few around the city

Didn't realize that was on early house. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

This pub is not closed but many other early houses are. I work across from this place and you'd often see a crowd at 7am queuing to get in. I think there's four left in Cork. Are there many in Dublin?

Pretty sure I ended up in there the morning after Bohs played Cork on th eopening day of the season a few years back. Think everyone bar us was off their face on pills or coke. Mad shop.

Great song at the end of the vid, grew up with that being sung at parties in my folks and other relations' houses.     
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

what time do early houses open at typically. 7.30am ?
Seven.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
remember being in the white horse pub on the quays one morning on a roll over....absolutely mad shop.for me early houses always defeated there purpose,most of the time I was too drunk(or looked too drunk) to get into one.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:39pm
has anyone ever gone to the early house for their first pint as in not on a roll over. 

Can’t imagine setting the alarm getting showered and shaved and heading into town for
A few pints at 7 in the morning πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:44pm

has anyone ever gone to the early house for their first pint as in not on a roll over. 

Can’t imagine setting the alarm getting showered and shaved and heading into town for
yes. Finished a night shift in Sandyford way back in 1999 and a few of us off for a few days. Bus into town and into Slatterys on Capel Street. Left at lunchtime.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

yes. Finished a night shift in Sandyford way back in 1999 and a few of us off for a few days. Bus into town and into Slatterys on Capel Street. Left at lunchtime.

Good craic.   I suppose the coming off the night shift was key.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:06am

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Good craic.   I suppose the coming off the night shift was key.   
Yeah it was helpful as opposed to a rollover.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 12:21am
There not for the really for the rollover strict enough especially Slatterys. Dockers, night shift workers are entitled to a pint after work they definitely serve a purpose. 

Edited by irelandfan - 24 Nov 2020 at 12:21am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

This pub is not closed but many other early houses are. I work across from this place and you'd often see a crowd at 7am queuing to get in. I think there's four left in Cork. Are there many in Dublin?

Pretty sure I ended up in there the morning after Bohs played Cork on th eopening day of the season a few years back. Think everyone bar us was off their face on pills or coke. Mad shop.

Great song at the end of the vid, grew up with that being sung at parties in my folks and other relations' houses.     
The great Jimmy Crowley!!
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

remember being in the white horse pub on the quays one morning on a roll over....absolutely mad shop.for me early houses always defeated there purpose,most of the time I was too drunk(or looked too drunk) to get into one.

I used to go to the White Horse quite a bit. A mad shop is putting it mild. The worst thing about those places is when you are leaving and it suddenly hits you that it is only lunch time, you are steaming, and even the staff in Charlie's Chinese think you are a disgrace!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I used to go to the White Horse quite a bit. A mad shop is putting it mild. The worst thing about those places is when you are leaving and it suddenly hits you that it is only lunch time, you are steaming, and even the staff in Charlie's Chinese think you are a disgrace!

Did you ever venture to The Inn on the Liffey? I was at a Paddys Day rave there about 15 years ago. It was a rough and ready gay bar and sauna at the time, I'm not even sure if the pub part exists any more. The place was hopping from 7am to God knows when. You would want to have a fairly liberal attitude for some of the shenanigans but aside from the odd burly fella sticking a bottle of poppers up my nose then there was no bother and we had a great day. 
El Puto Amo
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:05am
Can't say for certain but sounds like a place you wouldn't forget!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:07am

Did you ever venture to The Inn on the Liffey? I was at a Paddys Day rave there about 15 years ago. It was a rough and ready gay bar and sauna at the time, I'm not even sure if the pub part exists any more. The place was hopping from 7am to God knows when. You would want to have a fairly liberal attitude for some of the shenanigans but aside from the odd burly fella sticking a bottle of poppers up my nose then there was no bother and we had a great day.Β 

I never took you for a raging homosexual.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Did you ever venture to The Inn on the Liffey? I was at a Paddys Day rave there about 15 years ago. It was a rough and ready gay bar and sauna at the time, I'm not even sure if the pub part exists any more. The place was hopping from 7am to God knows when. You would want to have a fairly liberal attitude for some of the shenanigans but aside from the odd burly fella sticking a bottle of poppers up my nose then there was no bother and we had a great day. 

LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The gay lads know how to party, don't knock it til you've tried it

Pilled At Doncaster GIF | Gfycat
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 10:26pm
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic