You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boozers closing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

boo hoo, many a pub had no problem fleecing us in the boom times..many still bloody well do..sh*tholes like Dicy Riley's will charge you a fiver in for what your a sh*t pub with sh*t door staff and six euro pints..

I think I know that doorman you are talking about, he's not an Irish gentleman, nor Eastern European, further east than that he is and he is not even a big f**ker. He messed up me mates surprise 30th. Went to the door and he wasn't letting people in the group including the 30 year old. Eventually they had to say we are having a f**king surprise birthday for him and you just f**king ruined it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:16am
3.30 a gargle for me in the belgard. Better not close down, ever!
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:16am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

boo hoo, many a pub had no problem fleecing us in the boom times..many still bloody well do..sh*tholes like Dicy Riley's will charge you a fiver in for what your a sh*t pub with sh*t door staff and six euro pints..

I think I know that doorman you are talking about, he's not an Irish gentleman, nor Eastern European, further east than that he is and he is not even a big f**ker. He messed up me mates surprise 30th. Went to the door and he wasn't letting people in the group including the 30 year old. Eventually they had to say we are having a f**king surprise birthday for him and you just f**king ruined it
wha a f**king twat Angry
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Chad Warden Chad Warden wrote:

Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Where McG where?

I was planning a Monday night club for the racer on the 16th

Ah that's safe....for now.

These two are in our local fishing village.

Hmmmm...waterside and stream?

In time. Absolute kip.

It's no Foxhound
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:18am

I hear ye Hoskins but at this rate it will only be the likes of Diceys and the "super" pubs and clubs we can drink in.

I know Mcg just having a rant as some local pubs are good. But there are plenty of Superpubs hitting the bricks which I'm sheading no tears about The Thomas Reed group & Capitol bars spring to mind
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SYLT Number 2 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Number 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:41am

Originally posted by Chad Warden Chad Warden wrote:

Where McG where?

I was planning a Monday night club for the racer on the 16th

Ah that's safe....for now.

These two are in our local fishing village.

Hmmmm...waterside and stream?

In time. Absolute kip.

It's no Foxhound

ClapLOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:01pm
Another local boozer gone to the wall. Graingers Pubs have been taken over by the banks Cry
AS YOU WERE McGx

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:11pm
My local just expanded the offo making the boozer smaller in the process- bit of live music-dj- late licence etc and so many boozers could turn around their fortunes imo- plenty of boozers in Dublin 15 but barely any of them have any kind of music regularly and hardly any have late licence
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:21pm
Another one bit the dust in Arkla, The Mary B closed its doors a couple of months ago. It was a sh*thole but had a decent pool room and jukebox. He kept the offie open and told me he was better off closing he pub cos he made most of his money in the offie. Sign of the times I suppose! 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:29pm
reckon greystones must have worst pubs to people ratio in ireland, at least 10,000 people and just the two proper pubs, no chance of either closing
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

reckon greystones must have worst pubs to people ratio in ireland, at least 10,000 people and just the two proper pubs, no chance of either closing

Thats Because Greystones Residents do Restaurants and Dinner PartiesWinkThe Beachhouse is great thoughThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Thats Because Greystones Residents do Restaurants and Dinner PartiesWinkThe Beachhouse is great thoughThumbs Up

good boozer alright, Bray is better though with the Harbour Bar and the Martello, bacbar right next door too, will be out there thurs nightThumbs Up
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:39am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Another local boozer gone to the wall. Graingers Pubs have been taken over by the banks Cry

Where will all the 21st's be held now?
Must have been at around 15 in graingers over a 2 year period.
3 over 2 weekends once
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:57am
Graingers - does that boozer still have a creche in the place?

They did years ago but I think they had to close it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:14am
Crèche in a boozer
So ye leave the kids in there and then ye get tanked up yeah?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:20am
Creche is long gone Horsey LOL

But that's typical of Grainger he was always trying new angles for trade. There was a protest outside it on Saturday! "SAVE OUR PUB"

I liked Graingers, decent boozer. Live music, good grub and decent drink specials. Apparently buying that kip up your end "Sheaf O'Wheat" was the nail in the coffin. 8 mill Shocked
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:24am
8 million for ANY property in coolock in fukin scandalous
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:44am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Creche is long gone Horsey LOL

But that's typical of Grainger he was always trying new angles for trade. There was a protest outside it on Saturday! "SAVE OUR PUB"

I liked Graingers, decent boozer. Live music, good grub and decent drink specials. Apparently buying that kip up your end "Sheaf O'Wheat" was the nail in the coffin. 8 mill Shocked

Pub should get rid of Sky for a trial period and see hsow they fare, the country survived with 2 TV stations for years or get a freview box and tell Rupert to shove it, too much football with few actually watching it, bars often too noisey cant hear your self speak, and the price of drink - my 2 cents ( Oh and not enough bars selling  Stella Wink)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic