You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boozers closing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I completely understand the priority now is get the schools open. 

I have heard this a lot, are they trying to keep the school kids out of the pubs? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:34am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You'd be doing well to find a place where the kitchen is still open after 9pm.

Where? In Dublin all restaurants will serve after 9.

Saw this - Leo LOL

Haven't been in to town since everywhere reopened but most of the pubs outside of town have stopped serving food at 9/9:30.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:41am
Would it not have made more sense to allow all pubs outside Dublin open as usual? This would have the twin benefit of encouraging more people to staycate rather than travel abroad for their holidays as well.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Would it not have made more sense to allow all pubs outside Dublin open as usual? This would have the twin benefit of encouraging more people to staycate rather than travel abroad for their holidays as well.

Does the virus just stop itself from transmitting once it reaches the M50? 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:44am

Are most recent cases not in Kildare? Why Dublin? 

What would stop someone in Shankill, with Brady's closed, going to one of the many bars in Bray? 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:46am
They could allow pubs that can have outdoor seating to open and no more than 4 at a table and no more than 20 customers allowed at any one time.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What would stop someone in Shankill, with Brady's closed, going to one of the many bars in Bray? 

Well yeah you would have people hopping across to Kildare/Wicklow etc are fair bit alright. I dunno, just seems like a blanket ban across the country is not exactly thinking outside the box and is going to lead to inevitable permanent closures that could have otherwise been avoided.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:22pm

The pubs I have been in in Dublin have enforced the rules stricter than the pubs I've been in outside of Dublin.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:40pm

There's more cases outside Dublin than within it this week
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:42pm
It's been like Christmas in my local for the past 2 weeks. No grub. All pints. No Covid
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Well yeah you would have people hopping across to Kildare/Wicklow etc are fair bit alright. I dunno, just seems like a blanket ban across the country is not exactly thinking outside the box and is going to lead to inevitable permanent closures that could have otherwise been avoided.

Possibly, I'd say letting certain counties open might have worked but would be very difficult to implement, also would lead lead to an influx from tourists from the counties with pubs closed

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:12pm

Pubs should get to nominate their favorite most profitable alco's to come in and gargle to their hearts content. Name the sort of people who are happy to isolate away from all their other contacts other than the ones in the boozer. Have nice little social drinking bubbles. 
El Puto Amo
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

It's been like Christmas in my local for the past 2 weeks. No grub. All pints. No Covid

What town is that in out of curiosity?
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:34pm
The Sackville Lounge just often O'Connell Street closed
Danger here, OH NO
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

They could allow pubs that can have outdoor seating to open and no more than 4 at a table and no more than 20 customers allowed at any one time.

Not sure it would make for a viable business though. Just 20 at a time. You'd want the 5 out of that 20 sipping on a single pint to FRO and get another free spending 5 in. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

The Sackville Lounge just often O'Connell Street closed

For good or for non compliance? Possibly my favourite pub 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:53pm
Permanent I see, f**k that anyway, a brilliant pub, often did a hop between it, confession box, Briodys, will be sorely missed 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You'd be doing well to find a place where the kitchen is still open after 9pm.

Where? In Dublin all restaurants will serve after 9.

Indeed. The vast majority of places do last food orders at 9:30pm. There are some that push it to 10pm but they are rarer. Still, most sit-down, plated-meal restaurants (i.e. not fast food) will take the last food orders at 9:30pm. Anywhere I worked it was last main-course orders by 9:30pm.

These restrictions, however, shouldn't really change that, once main courses are ordered by half nine. Plenty of places open at six and do early bird menus that require tables be vacated by half seven; they're well used to getting people in, served and out in 90 minutes.

Plus there won't be many showing up at 9:30pm, knowing they close at 11pm.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 05 Aug 2020 at 3:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
  Share Topic