You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boozers closing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boozers closing
    Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:38pm
Just got word that two local boozers are closing soon. I dont frequent these particular ones much but its awful depressing thinking they arent an option anymore Cry

Its the end of the road for the local boozer CryCryCry.

Edited by McGoldrick - 05 Nov 2009 at 3:38pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:39pm
Where McG where?

I was planning a Monday night club for the racer on the 16th
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:39pm
Sign of the times alright..........terrible news.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Where McG where?

Ah that's safe....for now.

These two are in our local fishing village.
AS YOU WERE McGx

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Where McG where?

Hmmmm...waterside and stream?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:44pm
Waterside and Pierhouse.
Fancy a pint?
Lets keep them open!Cry
AS YOU WERE McGx

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 3:47pm

Waterside and Pierhouse.
Fancy a pint?
Lets keep them open!Cry

Two sh*tholes anyway but not good`Cry
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2009 at 7:20pm
boo hoo, many a pub had no problem fleecing us in the boom times..many still bloody well do..sh*tholes like Dicy Riley's will charge you a fiver in for what your a sh*t pub with sh*t door staff and six euro pints..
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 3:25am
I hear ye Hoskins but at this rate it will only be the likes of Diceys and the "super" pubs and clubs we can drink in.
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 4:34am

I hear ye Hoskins but at this rate it will only be the likes of Diceys and the "super" pubs and clubs we can drink in.

Dawson Lounge, Ron Blacks and Cafe en Seine have all gone tits up too. In receivership at the moment. Thats what you get for charging €6 odd for a fooken pint!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:03am
Originally posted by sausageroll sausageroll wrote:

Dawson Lounge, Ron Blacks and Cafe en Seine have all gone tits up too. In receivership at the moment. Thats what you get for charging €6 odd for a fooken pint!

ClapClap
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:30am

In fairness there isn't much of a difference to me whether the pint is €5.60 or €6, end of the day they are all robbing bastards end of story.

Sure my local is €5 a gargle upstairs, absolute joke.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:31am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

In fairness there isn't much of a difference to me whether the pint is €5.60 or €6, end of the day they are all robbing bastards end of story.

yeah but in your local that includes a free shot of heroin doesn't it?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

yeah but in your local that includes a free shot of heroin doesn't it?

It's not Donaghmede FFS! Angry

Just sayin I wouldnt notice an extra 40cent in my sky rocket for a gargle unless I was drinking a serious amount which never happens cos I'm a lightweight Embarrassed
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:47am

Once a pint goes over a fiver I tend to stay away. The orchard in Rathfarnham charges €5.20 and the beer is generaly muck. The place is now dying, so well done charley and fook off!

The one thing the place had going for it was that it had the best looking lounge girls in the area. Docherty's has now firmly taken the crown from them on that front.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 5:47am

Was in Leixlip last night only had 1 as i was driving but a couple of boozers down there charging 3.50 for all pints Clap

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Was in Leixlip last night only had 1 as i was driving but a couple of boozers down there charging 3.50 for all pints Clap

I was there in September but only for a footie game then it was back to the boozer in Dunboyne.
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
SYLT Number 2 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Number 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:11am

Where McG where?

Hmmmm...waterside and stream?

In time. Absolute kip.

Edited by Chad Warden - 06 Nov 2009 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic