Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Booing our players for taking a knee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:41pm
https://twitter.com/FA/status/1403804301453971456?s=19

Well the knuckledraggers asked for communication from the FA but looks from the comments they're still falling back on their political Marxism fantasy beliefs 
Sponsored Links

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Maybe start punishing them with stadium bans, etc. 

Idiotic. On what basis would you ban them? Are you accusing them of being racist or something like that? Absolutely ridiculous 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If you dont agree with the Knee, just keep your mouth shut. If you cant say any good about a man then say nothing....

The most sycophantic comment I've ever heard. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Idiotic. On what basis would you ban them? Are you accusing them of being racist or something like that? Absolutely ridiculous 
You’re a racist **** if you boo players taking a knee. Despite all the bullsh*t you posted, it’s that simple.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If you dont agree with the Knee, just keep your mouth shut. If you cant say any good about a man then say nothing....

The most sycophantic comment I've ever heard. 

Arent you the great fella altogether...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

You’re a racist **** if you boo players taking a knee. Despite all the bullsh*t you posted, it’s that simple.

Gullible people again following the crowd and whatever’s “hip”. 

Blacklivesmatter movement is pure bullsh*t, simple as that. Thought the first match or two doing it was very powerful - after that, it should’ve been binned.

Pleanty of blacks also have an issue with players taking the knee. Are they racist too LOL - or is it only if you boo?

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:07pm
Borderline Covid denier and anti anti-racism. Sound lad you are.

As You Were
Three in a row
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:09pm

Very quick to throw out labels on people.

Funny how it's the people that pretend to be the most open and liberal are actually the least tolerant of others opinions, and the quickest to shout them down.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:11pm

😂😂

Read what you want into my posts, but I’ll argue any point on any issue you want.

But going back to this. I presume it’s not racist to disagree with the blacklivesmatter movement and players taking the knee? It couldn’t be racist if pleanty of blacks have an issue with it?

But it’s racist to voice this opinion? (Which again, I said I wouldn’t boo - though have no issues with people that do want to boo it)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:11pm
LOLLOL

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

https://twitter.com/FA/status/1403804301453971456?s=19

Well the knuckledraggers asked for communication from the FA but looks from the comments they're still falling back on their political Marxism fantasy beliefs 
Plenty of them in this forum also.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Very quick to throw out labels on people.

Funny how it's the people that pretend to be the most open and liberal are actually the least tolerant of others opinions, and the quickest to shout them down.
Surely the lads booing an anti racist campaign are “shouting the loudest” 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 11:33pm
All these Marxist millionaires need to snap out of it, I’m sick of losing 5 seconds before each game. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

All these Marxist millionaires need to snap out of it, I’m sick of losing 5 seconds before each game. 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:15am

As it is clearly out there in media that booing players taking the knee is perceived as being against the anti-racism symbolism that is taking the knee, then yes I would consider that the action to boo the players is a form of racism in itself, and the booing people know exactly what they're up to. 

You can have an opinion that it doesn't belong in the game but the fact that it is currently being performed should be respected and in my opinion, if proper communication was out there that booing wouldn't be tolerated and would be considered hateful or racist behaviour then I think also some punishment in the form of a ban could be one drastic route to go. Not there yet but if it picked up pace and it went in that direction then maybe as a way to stop the disrespect towards the players show of solidarity 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:31am
Could we not come out with our own gesture? The French won't do it because they believe it's American. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:53am

As it is clearly out there in media that booing players taking the knee is perceived as being against the anti-racism symbolism that is taking the knee, then yes I would consider that the action to boo the players is a form of racism in itself, and the booing people know exactly what they're up to. 

You can have an opinion that it doesn't belong in the game but the fact that it is currently being performed should be respected and in my opinion, if proper communication was out there that booing wouldn't be tolerated and would be considered hateful or racist behaviour then I think also some punishment in the form of a ban could be one drastic route to go. Not there yet but if it picked up pace and it went in that direction then maybe as a way to stop the disrespect towards the players show of solidarity 

Well there it is everyone, you can prove you're not racist and all it will cost you is a few seconds of your dignity on your hands and knees.

If you dont feel there's something sinister in being compelled to kneel down and conform to a message that has been lost long ago well then you are welcome to your obedience.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 9:20am

Fully agree with you. Next you'll have people booing the minute silences because they feel it's their right and because they don't like them! I think taking the knee should be long gone to be honest. It was effective at the start but has lost a lot of meaning. Booing it though imo is a clear act of disrespect towards black people, if not, open racism
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic