Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 36 minutes ago at 11:06am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Bohs sold away end eventually when it was opened up to general sale. 
Think official attendance was about 50 short of capacity but agree plenty of empty seats 

Empty seats as people cram into smaller areas. Also no doubt a few season ticket holders away etc but was advertised as a sell out.
Yeah same as Dalymount for the big games 
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 40 minutes ago at 12:02pm

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

There is no rhyme nor reason to what RTE show apart from their own rhyme or reason

Arguably shouldnt have shown derby last week as their covering Rovers enough in Europe. 

They do seem to love Tallaght mind you.

You actually think RTÉ shouldn't have shown the traditionally biggest game on the domestic calendar in front of a sold out crowd?  

didnt say that. Im saying their is an argument to say that as their covering Rovers enough in Europe then they couldve shown another game or have shown a derby earlier on in the season. 

Also I dont buy that it was sold out, as im not sure Bohs sold out their allocaiton. I cant speak for them other lot but there looked  to be empty seats.

AFAIK RTÉ are obliged to show the LOI Champions in Europe. The fact that Rovers v Bohs were playing only a week before is just a coincidence. Should be much easier for them to show games during the Summer months when there are no 6 Nations, U21 6 Nations, U19 6 Nations, Women's 6 Nations, Rugby games involving Irish sides, Rugby games involving non Irish sides on etc!

I undertand its coincidence Im just syaing in terms of coverage of the league campaign there is no rhyme or reason to  to which games they show and tend to go for tallaght as a default option.

I may be wrong but I dont think there is any obligation for RTE to show them in Europe but they tend to as they see it as making sense. However they still have to go off and bid and make agreement for the games. 

End of season last year was case in point. They showed a dead rubber in tallaght over atleast 2 games which were propoer battles for Europe.

Ive heard enough interviews with the head of sport and heard the counter arguments from LOI fans. And Im not suggesting I know the solution. Im just stating the coverage is disjointed and essentially useless for following a season.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 minutes ago at 3:25pm
Did the club announce that the Pats game on the 22nd was postponed? Had tickets for it but never saw an announcement from the club about it. Should have copped it myself with Pats playing in Europe that week but would have expected to see it mentioned somewhere other than seeing it today from John O'Connor on Twitter.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 minutes ago at 3:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Did the club announce that the Pats game on the 22nd was postponed? Had tickets for it but never saw an announcement from the club about it. Should have copped it myself with Pats playing in Europe that week but would have expected to see it mentioned somewhere other than seeing it today from John O'Connor on Twitter.
Yeah it hasn’t been confirmed when it’s being rescheduled to yet. 

Crazy situation of having no home games now for 6 weeks. Summer football LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221
  Share Topic